Break the Rules

It's You and I, Until Eternity

Lux laid in the king size bed, staring up at the ceiling. She had gone out to get herself a new wardrobe, sprawled out on the black and silver sheets in a pair of shorts and one of Lucifer’s button down shirts she snagged from the closet. She wasn’t entirely sure why, but it comforted her, wearing his shirt. She tried her hardest to get some kind of sleep, finally having had enough. She sighed and got up, walking down the hall and running her hand across the wall, until she walked into the study.

She smiled to herself, peeking through the crack in the door at the archangel staring intently at some old book. She enjoyed staring, about to turn back around, when the door was flung open to reveal her presence. She rubbed the back of her head and laughed nervously, playing with her feet. “Uh, hiya,” she grinned guiltily.

He stared at her for a moment, taking in her features. Her long, lanky legs were pale and bare, his shirt hiding the fact that she was wearing any kind of shorts. Her eyes were tired, hair a mess from tossing and turning over and over. He chuckled softly and closed his book. “What are you doing up?” He waved her over.

She stepped across the cold floor, stopping at the front of his desk and looking around at all the books and trinkets. “I couldn’t sleep,” she shrugged.

“So you came to pester me?” He teased. Her cheeks tinted pink with anger, making him laugh.

“Well fuck you too then,” she quipped. “If you don’t want my presence,” she huffed and turned on her heel.

Lucifer rolled his eyes and flicked his wrist, making her fly over to him and stopping just before she fell in his lap. “I never said it was a bad thing. Just merely that you pester me.”

“Being obnoxious gets you off than?” She laughed right in his face with how close they were. Growing slightly agitated, he stood swiftly, hoisting her right into his arms before she could even notice. She yelped, quickly grabbing ahold of his collar.

“Why are you wearing my shirt anyways?” He teased her as they walked down the hall.

She grinned dopily and shrugged. “Because it’s comfy.”

“Watch it, or I might drop you.” He pretended to do so, making Lux cry out and flail around. He laughed, adjusting her back in his arms. “You’re ridiculous.” They made it back to the bedroom, and instead of just setting Lux down, he laid down with her still in his arms.

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t need sleep, you do. So I’m going to help you fall asleep.”

“Good luck with that,” she snorted. “I’ve been an insomniac my whole life.”

He closed his eyes, smirking and rubbing circles on her thigh with his thumb. “But you’ve never laid with an archangel before.”

Lux almost laughed. “That sounds absolutely terrible.”

He opened one eye to look down at her, smirking devilishly. “I can assure you it’s not, however you’d care to look at it.”

Her eyes widened with realization, cheeks growing redder with embarrassment. She slapped his chest. “Don’t say things like that, you ass!”

He chuckled and hummed, playing with her hair. “I spent eons locked in a cage in Hell, Lux. You should be quite thankful I’m being this much of a gentleman towards you.”

Ohhh, she mentally realized, clicking her tongue. “Well, I mean, I’ve never had a real boyfriend, so,” she shrugged, trying to sympathize.

Lucifer nearly laughed hysterically. “I’m not sure what I find more amusing - that you’re trying to sympathize with being sexually frustrated with the devil, or that you’re trying to make me believe you’ve never had a real boyfriend.”

“I’m serious you ass!” She snapped, sitting up and punching his chest. “The whole purple eye thing wasn’t really a big hit in high school. It was a disturbing mutation to everyone else.” She wrapped her arms around herself, the memories resurfacing. “After my mutation was put into words and everyone ran to Google, it was just a hot mess…” She shook her head. “They didn’t want anything to do with me unless it was to say they got a piece of ass from the purple eyed mutant.”

Lucifer sat up beside her, eyebrows furrowed. “Did they hurt you?”

She chuckled darkly, looking back up at him. “Not before I could hurt them.” She sighed and leaned against him. “A few of them came at me one day at lunch. Chased me until I hid in the girl’s bathroom. They ran in after me, locking the door. Something came over me like it did with the Pagan Gods and next thing I knew, the door was busted down, I was covered in blood, and five senior boys were groaning on the floor at my feet. Well, four, really. Because on one I busted his nose so badly it killed him. Another had a punctured lung, they all had concussions, and I was being looked at like a monster.”

“What happened after that?”

“My parents were called to pick me up. I thought I had cut open my knuckles but they were just fine when I looked at them. The teachers and my parents tried to discuss how I could be accommodated since it was self-defense. I told them to go fuck themselves and that I was dropping out.”

Lucifer nodded, leaning his head against hers and closing his eyes. The thought of the other four still being lively irritated him greatly. But at least the little lady really can handle herself. “Come here,” he told her quietly, pulling her back to lay back down on his chest. “Close your eyes for a minute - cover them as best as you can.”

“Why?”

He rolled his eyes and flicked her nose. “If you’re going to question me than never mind.”

Lux whined a little and closed her eyes, burying her face in his chest. There was a loud ringing sound suddenly that felt like knives being rammed into her ears and a light so bright she almost couldn’t cover her eyes enough. When the noise and light finally died down, she felt something soft and warm around her like a blanket. Quietly, he told her to open his eyes. She did as he said, face lighting up. Curled around them did he allow his wings to unfold, obviously smaller in size than they should be. But Lux recognized the gold and white and was absolutely enthralled.

“Your wings,” she breathed with a massive smile, taking in each and every single feather. “They’re...they’re beautiful,” she looked up at him. “Why, though?”

He stroked her cheek, keeping his wings protectively around them. “Because you’re under my watch now - under my wings,” he chuckled. “Besides, I’ve seen the ones you’re going to have. An angel showing their wings is approximately the equivalent of humans being without their clothes.”

She stared at him, eyes glimmering like a child on Christmas morning. “Can I…?” She asked. He chuckled and nodded, allowing her to reach out and pet the feathers. Between the feeling of her small hands on his wings and the smile on her face, he almost felt warm inside. She looked back at him, still smiling. “I promise I’ll return the favor when I get Alexandria’s wings.”

He pulled her down by the back of her neck, pressing her forehead to his. “I’ll hold you to that,” he smirked. “Only once in my lifetime did I ever get to see those wings.”

“I’ll try to hold up to the reputation,” she giggled. “Can I...can I try something else?” He ‘hm’ed, allowing her to continue. Closing her eyes and holding a breath for safety, she leaned down and kissed him without a second thought. As she pulled back slowly, smiling down at his surprise, she told him, “Thank you, for everything, Lucifer. From saving my life to right now. Thank you.”

He stared up at her, eyes filling with tempt and lust. He felt strangely, almost rejuvenated. It was like when she healed his wounds earlier only much stronger. “I don’t believe anyone has ever thanked the devil for something before.”

“You came to me when I needed you most. The least I can do is return the favor. Any way I can be of help to you, just ask.”

He tilted his head curiously, running a finger down her spine and making her shiver. “Any way you say?” He mused.

She moved so she was sitting straddling his hips with his wings still curled around them. With slightly trembling hands, she reached for the buttons of the shirt she wore. “Yes,” she breathed as the final button came undone, leaving only a black lace bra against her snow white skin.

His eyes darted briefly to his sigil burned into her hip before back to her eyes. He could see the sheer intent and determination in her own, the darkness and lust creeping up on both of them. He sat up slowly, still holding her against him, and placed his hand on the bare small of her back. “Is that your final answer, Lux?”

“You want and need my permission so here it is - yes, Lucifer. Just, yes.”

In a flash, both of their clothes were gone and she was beneath him. He held her down by her wrists, kissing her hungrily. His wings arched and twitched behind him. Outside, thunder rolled in hot, booming and shaking the world around them. An icy darkness exploded within Lux, pupils dilating. Lucifer viciously attacked the skin around her throat, leaving marks until he started trailing down her chest. She reached around, clawing at his upper shoulders which caused him to almost growl. He captured her mouth once more, both of them practically yanking at each other’s hair.

“Mine,” he snarled in her ear, tracing lightly over his sigil on her hip and making her squirm beneath him. “And with this mark, you’ll never forget it.” Every time he even so much as ghosted over the mark, electricity was send through her body. She practically begged for more. Up and down her thighs he ran his icy hands, making her lose whatever was left of her mind. He chuckled in her ear before yanking her legs around his hips and causing her to squeal. “You can be as loud as you like, sweetheart,” he told her before taking her entirely.

Lux’s eyes widened as large as they could go, a loud cry of pleasant pain escaping her lips. She cursed wildly, heart nearly beating out of her chest. Her nails tore apart his skin, just for it to heal seconds after. He cursed in Enochian, his grasp on her thighs likely going to leave bruises. Lightning cracked outside the window, the shadow of Lucifer’s wings appearing briefly on the wall. At least he was right when he originally told the Winchesters that one way or another she’d be screaming his name eventually.

In Sioux Falls, Cas appeared before the Winchesters and Bobby looking distraught and as though his head was throbbing. “News from Heaven?” Sam asked, fearing the worst.

“Their soul bond...it’s been...consummated. Heaven is up in arms.”

The three hunters looked warily at one another. Regardless, they all knew what ‘consummated’ meant. The apocalypse had been so derailed who even cared anymore?