Too Much to Ask...

What's a man without his queen?

I often lay here on the couch thinking to myself. I sleep here I refuse to sleep in the bed I once shared with the love of my life, Aria was.. No still is my everything.
I guess I had been letting work get in the way of our relationship, I have been too caught up to realise my love was hurting.

She left three days ago now, said she needed some time away February 14th Valentine's day also our Anniversary. I came home to find her bags packed and sitting by the front door ready to go ‘Are we going somewhere?’ I asked walking into the kitchen where Aria stood over the kitchen counter, dressed in all black except her red scarf and gloves I had got her a few Christmases before ‘You’re home ?’ Aria spoke screwing up the paper she was writing on.

‘Well yeah… I went to pick up your Anniversary gift.’ I scoffed throwing the bunch of roses on the bench. Aria stood crying looking out of the kitchen window, nothing but silence between us ‘I’m leaving Niall…’ Aria said choking back the tears ‘I need a break… I’m sick of tip toeing around our house because I might upset you. I can’t continue sit back while you go out partying with all these girls..’ Aria was upset and I haven’t seen like this not since the day we found out Aria lost the baby a few years ago.

‘Love…’ I trailed off reaching for her arm, Aria pulled back and turned away heading to the door ‘don’t do this. I love you. You can’t just leave not today.’ I called after her ‘It’s valentines day. Aria where are you going to go ? just stay with me tonight and we can talk.’ blocking the front door I tried to grab her bags when there was a knock at the door. ‘Niall let me past please… I just need to do some thinking.’ Thinking ? what could there possibly be to think about Aria and I are meant to be together, she knows it and I know it. ‘If I let you go out that door how will I know you will come back?’ I asked taking her hand in mine ‘because I love you and I just need some time out. Just lately it's all been getting a little too much.. You're busy and I'm broken.’ Aria replied pushing past me. as she opened the door the hurt I was feeling soon turned to anger when I saw my former band mate stood at my front door, his hands in his pockets shoulders shrugged up high trying to keep warm. ‘Really ? you called him? of all the people you could have called you called Harry ?’ Aria knows how I feel about the two of them hanging out.

Back in the day Harry and Aria were thick as thieves never leaving each other's sides. Maybe it was jealousy they were close and I wanted that or maybe it was the fact the two had been together briefly before Aria and I…

‘Hey Niall… It's not what you think ok. Aria called me and wanted a friend…..’ before harry could finish I interrupted ‘so you flew all the way to Ireland… just to be a friend?’ I asked blocking the doorway. ‘Niall… come on man don't be like that. I was flying back home and got a flight here instead..’ I wanted to tell her to just go but I knew if I did I would only push her into his arms. Harry's had a few girls but he never felt the way he feels about Aria with those other girls, he never truly moved on.

‘Babe I don't want you to leave but if it's going to be good for you then I can't stop you. Just please to forget to come home. I'll be here waiting for you.’ I said softly pressing my lips gently against her tear stained cheek ‘I love you.’ I whispered pulling her closer into my embrace. ‘I'll call you when I get to London..’ Aria said touching my cheek.

Now here I am lying on the couch, guitar on top of me with half written songs strewn all over the floor. Is it too much to ask to get my girl back? I just miss having her here, the way she makes the house feel like a home.