Too Much to Ask...

Like We Did

‘Harry.. why did you bring me back to this place?’ I asked staring at the park bench Harry and I shared our first kiss together, the same place he told me he was going to audition for the Xfactor also the same place we'd meet up late at night ‘Aria you will always mean the world to me. I always find myself coming back here. Come on. come sit with me.’ Looking at my watch the time read 12am but before I could refuse the offer Harry had pulled my onto the bench handing me a beer that had been sitting in his pocket.

I enjoy these kinds of nights. I rarely get to do this with Niall.. I love Niall and I know I love him but in this moment here and now i felt something I hadn't felt in a long time ‘You miss him. why'd you leave ? don't get me wrong Aria I love you and I love having you around but what's going on ?’ Harry asked sipping on his beer ‘I thought I'd have my little girl running around ya know … and have Niall being with me not leaving me to hurt while he went out. I'm confused and still hurting. Things have changed since the day him and I got together.’ I said looking away bringing my legs in close to my chest.

My back turned to Harry I sat on the bench knocking back the drinks Harry brought with him.
***

God she's beautiful, her long wavy hair moving in the cool breeze. Why do I have to have feelings for this girl, she makes me do the craziest things even when she doesn't even mean to.
My best friend is hurting but there's nothing I can do, I can't imagine what she went through two failed pregnancies coping with it alone.
smaaaaassssshhh….
the sound of bottles smashing in the distance broke the silence we'd been sitting in for the last hour. Aria isn't the biggest drinker three drinks and she's on her way ‘Aria … Stop..’ I hushed pulling a bottle out other hand, right now I was dealing with a mess of a girl, sitting in the dirt crying hysterically.

reaching over Aria I held her tight ‘I'm not letting you go…’ I whispered kissing her forehead after trying to resist the embrace Aria finally gave up and began crying into my chest ‘Do you remember that time Christian and Maddy came looking for us that night. and you were sooo nervous. your palms were sweaty and we were about to kiss for the first time but Christian came running over so quickly we ended up smacking our heads together..’ I said tracing my finger up and down Arias back ‘Harry I'm still with Niall.. you and I have a lot of history together, but hic-I am still his .. even if hic-I won't get to marry him or have his baby…’ quickly letting go I kicked over the bottles on the ground ‘Aria I know this ! I fucking know you're with Niall. It's all I've had to hear about the last 5 years or however long it's been. Niall this Niall that.’ I shouted I was angry I just professed my love to her and she didn’t listen with rage flowing through me i became angry and the angrier I got the more my true feelings started to show.

Words falling out of my mouth, tears streaming down her face, was she scared of me ? why was she pulling away from me ‘Aria I fucking love you. You know I'd never hurt you.’ I said grabbing her hand in mine. A pause of silence as I looked into her eyes the beautiful brown eyes I'd come to know were lifeless filled with hurt, I felt my heart drop, I felt the butterflies in my stomach the same ones I felt years ago when we shared our first kiss.

In that same moment I did something I'd been waiting so long to do, leaning my head against hers, I traced her face with. my thumbs stroking her cheeks, feeling the moment I quickly pulled her in with a kiss my fingers running through her hair, her lips still so tender and sweet as ever it was as though nothing had changed.

‘Harry…’ Aria whispered breathlessly wrapping her arms around my neck ‘just say the word and I'll stop.. I will stop if you want me to stop’ I replied pulling away with no reply from Aria I gave her one last kiss ‘Stay with me tonight…’ I said taking Arias hand walking to my apartment