Too Much to Ask...

Two Ghosts.

Is it time to call my relationship with Aria over ?
she hasn't been home in months won't contact me.

“Hey Nigel... “ a squeaky voiced blonde called from my kitchen “Uh it's Niall..” I replied climbing off the couch “Oh yeah sorry… So anyway can I drink this beer?” She asked reaching into the fridge “you know … I think you should go I don't think this is a good idea.” I replied walking into the kitchen “What's not a good idea me being here or me drinking this beer?” She asked walking over to me “both… I thought it be a good idea but you should go..Sean left so you should too” I said pushing her away.

No matter how hard I tried this girl just didn't want to leave she kept trying harder to convince me she should stay. “no I really don't want you here. Can you leave please I'll call you an uber..” I replied “yeah I think you should leave. right now!” I heard a familiar voice behind me say. swinging my chair around I saw Aria standing in the doorway tears beginning to form. “Babe you’re home!! it's not what you think” I spoke going to console her, nothing had happened and nothing was going to. I was in my boxers so it wasn't a good look “I think I might leave catch you round Nigel..” this girl can call me whatever name i didn't care my girl is home “I'm tired. I'm going to bed.” Aria said going upstairs. “Babe…” I called as she whisked past me “Don't.” Aria spoke

*****

Stories must be true “Aria let me..I just want to talk.” Niall called from the other side of the bedroom door “no thanks I'm tired. I drove like 9 hours.” I replied “I'm coming in… there's no lock on the door.” I didn't think Niall would have another girl in the house while I was gone it's just not like him “I know what you've been up to.” I said coldly rolling away from Niall “What you know or what you read?” Niall asked “Well I Know what I saw and I've read stuff…”I replied “Baby that stuff is bull shit and you know it. That girl you saw when you came home fuck I don't even know her name she came back with Sean. He had it in his head that it'd be great publicity. that's why I wanted her to leave!!” Niall shouted hitting his fists against the mattress “why does this always happen? Baby doll you need to stop believing the bullshit! you don't see me getting pissy when stories are being reported of Harry and his hot new thing that looks so much like my fucking girlfriend!” Niall added walking away.

In an instant without thinking I sat up from the bed as I were to run after Niall “Harry and I kissed!” I shouted kneeling on the bed. I didn't want to tell Niall because I knew he'd be broken. I could see the anger in his eyes as he turned quickly to me almost running back to the room.

“You what?”

“Harry kissed me. . . I was drunk and I was crying... “ I started trying to explain myself.

“Hang on let me get this straight. You ? kissed Harry? and You're justification is that you were drunk and you were crying.. hmm oh that definitely makes it ok..” Niall replied sarcastically running his hands through his messy hair.

“Niall he kissed me and I pushed him away because I love you and I wanted you to be comforting me. I wanted you to be the one to hold me and tell me everything's okay… I came home to you because I was over running from the problem and the hurt and I wanted you” I cried walking over to a pissed offNiall who was standing in the doorway

"why tell me?” he asked leaning his head on the door frame, “because I want us to start being an ‘us’ again and I needed to get it off my chest I can't lose you..” I trailed off reaching for Niall's hand.
“I'm sorry for getting mad.. for running off and not contacting you.” I added pressing my forehead against his shoulder
“I'm ready to move on and live life again with you…” I said gently pressing my lips against Niall's shoulder.

I realised while I was away how stuck in the past I was, I get losing a child is a big deal but I also get that living under a rock and shutting Niall out for the rest of my life isn't the way to go.

“I've been waiting so long for you to say that. I love you baby. I'm annoyed Harry kissed you but knowing it was just a kiss and nothing more I can get over it and love you. My heads been a mess since you've been gone.” Niall said stroking my hair and holding me close. “I know baby… I just want to lay here together in our bed. just hold me in your arms.”

without a second thought Niall picked me up, carrying me over to bed and laying me down. “let me go lock up downstairs and I'll be right back.” Niall spoke softly kissing my forehead.

I took this opportunity to myself while Niall was doing the lock ups to look around the room.
At the pictures and reflect on the life we have built and how far we've come. In this moment it clicked that Niall is truly my one and how I thought I could live without him I'll never know.