Status: Enjoy the Sequel ;)

For You I'll Wait.

For You I'll Wait.Chapter 3.

The very next morning, Dick and Tim got up extra early to go off to the Manor. With a shower, change of clothes, and having a quick bowl of cereal, both brothers were gone their motorbikes roared with life within them as they zoomed off. Luckily for them, there were no cars on the road giving them time to race each-other which calmed the tense nerves in the Grayson individual who was once again rehearsing his speech in his head hoping that he had gotten everything down pat after all, he didn't want to sound like a fool in front of the man who had mostly raised him.

The black cast-iron gates automatically opened as the Wayne Mansion stood tall and proud right before them as they slowly pushed forward. The two men looked at each-other as Tim nodded to him.

"Well, this is where you will take over from here."

"You mean you're leaving? You're not going to stay?" Dick asked seeing him shake his head while patting his shoulder.

"Now is the time where you will have to lay your cards on the table. Besides, after all that practicing that you did, it looks like you are good and ready."

The acrobat stared at the 2nd detective for at least 3 minutes then he slowly grew a smile and nodded in full understanding giving him another hug as a thank you in return.

"Good luck, and call me later to let me know how things went. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get going; I promised Kon that I would meet him for brunch today, go over some files, then later we're going to go see a movie."

Dick smirked.

"Oh I see, you two are going on a date hmm?" He chuckled seeing the flabbergasted expression on Tim's blushing face.

"Shut up, it's not like that we're just hanging out is all besides we're just taking things slow.

"Uh-huh, sure you are." He winked causing the third robin to huff and cross his arms pouting like a little kid who had gotten his toy taken away from him after he would misbehave but nonetheless, gave a slight smile as he hugged his big brother one last time and rode down the street waving his last wave. Dick's smile soon faltered as he then locked his bike and went up the steps towards the front door. He quickly calmed himself by letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding thus knocking on the door. He waited a good 5 minutes until it was opened wide enough revealing to be Alfred who soon gave him a warm smile.

"Why Good Morning there Master Richard, what a pleasant surprise. Why don't you come in from the nippiness of outside and come warm up by the fire."

Dick grinned. He had always liked the british butler ever since when Bruce first took him in; he was more of a grandfather towards him and always went to him for advice whenever the business man wasn't around much and he always seemed to know what type of emotion he was having. Although he was getting up into age, he still had a twinkle in his eye when it came onto housecleaning, cooking, and baking especially his famous chocolate chip cookies with milk that the bat siblings always loved whenever they would stop by for a visit or if they were coming to stay for the weekend or for the holidays.

Dick soon stepped inside as Alfred had taken the liberty of taking off his light fall jacket and placing it onto the coat rack while the former robin looked around his surroundings. The place had not changed at all since he had moved out. He may have not lived in the mansion anymore but he still took the time to visit the only two people that had meant the whole world to him since he was a lot younger. He could still remember the days when he and Bruce would sit down and have breakfast together, talk about each-other's day, and go out on patrol which was his favorite part to do most of all; he still remembered the look on the old English man's face whenever he would swing on the chandelier when he would dust it at times to keep its sparkle and luster and would get overly protective when he would see the then 9-year-old swinging on it like he was a monkey but he was still wanting to keep the memory of the circus and his parents alive by doing somersaults, cartwheels, and high jumps.

Dick then followed him towards the kitchen where he had fixed him a hot steaming cup of peppermint tea and laid out a plateful of crumpets along with butter and apricot jam on the side as the men soon sat down to enjoy their little snack.

"Now, what may I ask are you doing here this early in the morning Master Richard? especially on a Saturday like today? Normally, you would still be at your apartment sleeping nearly the day away as we speak."

Taking a sip of his hot beverage, he soon looked down at the table like it was the most interesting thing at the moment. He then sighed placing his head on his hand. He couldn't lie to Alfred not after all he had done for him over the years that he looked up to him like he was his third father, that someone who had even taken the time to make his robin costume when he had found out that Bruce was Batman and that someone who had always listened to his problems whenever he would have a bad day at school.

"The only reason why I'm here is to see Bruce. He...asked me to marry him." Dick held down his head not wanting to see the look on Pennyworth's face. Despite being in old age, that man still gave looks like what parents would give to their children as a means to scold them plus, it also made Dick feel like a kid again.

Alfred soon gave a smile and gently patted him on his shoulder while hooking his index finger under his chin to get him to look him in the grey eyes that held in so much warmth.

"Never be ashamed there Master Richard for I am not surprised in the slightest; I have known how the way you two would look at one another and of course the way you would look at him as well.

"You mean, you knew all this time? and you never said anything?"

"There are some things that many people know by just keeping silent and pinpoint the amount of actions that there are to be found. For as long as I could remember, you have been quite fond of Master Bruce. Yes, he may still have trouble with his emotions but there is never a doubt how the way he used to study you from afar and he would always ask me plenty of questions. The minute you had moved to Bludhaven, he was quite devastated to see you leave so sudden, that he had not came out of his room for 4 days luckily, there wasn't any crime-related activity then."

Dick couldn't believe it. He was about ten different shades of red the minute Alfred had explained it all to him. Bruce was actually and REALLY in love with him but quickly soon felt guilty for leaving in the way he did before he had taken up the Nightwing persona. He had wanted to stand out in his own light of life that he didn't want to hear more of Bruce's nagging abilities anymore. But looking back on everything that they had went through, made him realized just how much he had cherished him and wanted to be close to him as much as possible not wanting to leave his side for even a minute. But six months away from now, that would be way too quick for his liking.

"I wanted to talk to him about the wedding. I want to do it with him, but as of right now I'm not ready for this type of commitment. That's why I want to lay it on the table with him and hopefully, he will understand where I'm coming from. I just hope he won't be angry at me."

"Never in the slightest Master Richard. After all, he has always taught you to be honest with yourself and onto others as well therefore, it would be a great idea to let him know how you feel about the marriage. Even if you want to wait for the right moment to arrive, he will have all the time in the world to let it happen to your convenience."

Dick grinned real wide giving his foster grandfather a hug who soon followed suit and patted him gently on the back. Announcing to him that the Master of the house would be home from work by 6:00 p.m. sharp, Dick had offered to help Alfred with the daily chores around which had taken his mind off of the nervousness that he had been having around.