Status: Enjoy the Sequel ;)

For You I'll Wait.

For You I'll Wait.Chapter 4.

True to Alfred's word, by 6:00 later that evening, the headlights of the black Mercedes could be seen as the luxurious car pulled into the driveway. Bruce soon got out with his briefcase in hand as he then locked up the vehicle without even looking back as he took his time walking up the many steps that lead towards the front door. He was tired, his eyes were bloodshot, and he was hungry; he had been back and forth with the board members about putting up new playground equipment in Gotham Park for the many little children who wanted to have somewhere fun to go to after school in the afternoons. It was a relief to know that they had taken his word for it and would set to call the contractors by early Monday Morning.

Dick hummed as he continued to stir in the ingredients inside the large black pot that was filled up to the brim of clam chowder. It had been years since the last time he has had it. It was the final time that he had had his mother's delicious soup when it would be those cold autumn and winter nights when she would whip up warm stews and soups that would instantly warm up the entire Grayson family when they would take breaks from their routine training while being comfortable in their trailer home at times.

During his first few weeks at the manor, Dick wasn't so sure if he would ever have his mom's delicious cooking again and would get rather homesick. Being stuck in a mansion would have him itch for adventure due to him not staying still long enough to want to continue his acrobatics. Then suddenly, one Thursday evening, he was surprised to see Alfred cook his all time favorites which consisted of baked chicken, garlic and sour creamed mashed potatoes with gravy, buttery green beans and carrots along with a fresh leafy salad at the side.

He couldn't believe it, this was the exact same food that Mary had made when he had accomplished his first tight-rope walking. Giving the englishman a tight hug, he soon found comfort to relive those memories once again to know that there was still hope that his parents were watching down and protecting him as time moved on.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head and wiping the moisture away from his eyes, the young man soon finished his task as well as retrieving two pot holders to carefully lift the pot from the stove to set it on the dining table.

There, he saw the Wayne Heir himself smiling warmly towards him as he gave a small smile of his own sitting down at his own respected chair that he has had since he was a kid. After saying the grace, the two soon digged in as Bruce moaned in delight tasting the rich flavor along with carrots and potatoes flowing down his throat as he asked about the chowder with the Grayson Male's response to let him know that he was the one that made it. All he had gotten, was a sweet and genuine smile in return. Dick had wondered how long it would last if he told him the truth.

A little later on, Dick was in his old bedroom playing some video games from he had gotten on his 10th birthday that year. Although he was playing in multiplayer mode, his heart wasn't really in it. Instead, he looked down at his finger that held the engagement ring one more time before he let out a sigh. He had to do this. Putting the game on pause, he soon got up and headed down the stairs towards the doors of Bruce's home-office. Staring at them for about 3 minutes more, he held up a shaky fist knocking 3 times before he heard a muffled come in.

Slowly opening and letting himself through, he could see the businessman at his desk going through some papers while writing. Dick slightly blushed seeing him in his glasses that looked real cute on his face knowing he couldn't see without them. Since he was in his teens, Bruce had astigmatism leaving Alfred to have to take him to the best world-known eye clinic where his Grandfather and Father have been in their years. The man, Dr. Elmer G. Higgenson was from London who specialized in contacts, and glasses.

Finally, he looked up smiling a soft smile and of course, having his lover's full undivided attention. Soon taking his spectacles off and telling him to sit, Dick soon sat down on the cushioned chair in front of him. Blue eyes looking back at each-other's as he twiddled his thumbs trying to find the right words to say without sounding stupid. This was the man who became his father when his parents fell to their deaths, his mentor to help him fight crime, and later soon became his lover when they would be spending time whether on patrol or just hanging out.

"Bruce, there's something I need to talk to you about." Dick bit his bottom lip gently. It grew harder and harder to try to him how much he had felt about the wedding but with each ticking sound of the clock that was being heard, the longer it was taking him just to even say one full sentence. He had to do this, he was a police officer, a vigilante, and a former circus acrobat, all in one and he could handle any situation he was placed in front of. He got kidnapped dozens of times, stabbed, had dozens of near death experiences, and here he was sitting in the office of his partner's could barely utter out a word, he really needed to nip this crap in the butt starting now.

"Bruce, I was thinking that...I...don't want to get married right now." He held down his head not wanting to see an expression painted on his face but he continued to talk to get it all out.

"I know that you had taught me to always be truthful but looking at everything right in front of me, I realized that this is just going too fast for the both of us to take especially me. I know you said you wanted to get married six months from now in the Spring, but as of right now, I'm just not ready for that type of commitment. Due to who we are, it will get even harder for us in the long run so I suggested that we should wait a little while longer before things have settled down. I'm really sorry." Dick still held down his head too afraid. But all he had gotten was a warm hand on top of his which made him instantly look down to see that it was Bruce's hand sending him to see his features which had not changed but a little small smile could still be painted.

"Why didn't you tell me all of this before?"

"Because I was afraid to disappoint you. When I saw the ring the night you proposed to me, I was happy, but I was also scared. So I called Tim and told him to see me at the Cafe where he told me to tell you the truth; he even suggested that I practice before I would say anything that's why I came here and I even told Alfred who knew all this time that we were together. I'm sorry and you have every right to be angry at me. But I still love you with all my heart and soul." He was about to get up, but Bruce's firm yet gentle grip forbid him to do so.

"Dick, I'm not angry nor will I ever be angry at you for letting me know how you feel. To tell you the honest truth, I was a little apprehensive myself to the point I didn't know how to tell you either which is why I've been spending time away over at the company or even going out on patrol alone as well. I'm sorry for making you feel the way you were feeling. I understand that you don't want to get married right away which is completely alright. If you want to wait a little longer or even for the next 10 years, that's fine."

Dick was relieved at first, but soon shook his head quickly.

"10 years is a rather long time. You would be so old by then." Both chuckled then came together for a hug and kiss.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you come to me. It's okay to be honest." Dick blushed giving him another peck on the lips.

"I promise."

Soon getting off the chair, Bruce made his way out leaving the Grayson male confused.

"I was thinking that you and I should go see a movie. Or would you rather stay here?" Dick gasped but then grew a warm smile in return.

"I'm right behind you. But are you sure? You're okay with people seeing a Billionaire in a movie theater eating buttery popcorn and sipping a soda?" He teased sending the older man in a chuckle.

"I'm human Dick. Now if their seats are not right however, I'll have no problem buying out." He winked as Dick laughed.

"Don't start Bruce."

"Just kidding." And together, the pair walked out feeling better than they have ever had before. Alfred saw them off and waved a polite wave seeing the car drive in the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
That is it! Look out for more coming soon!