Status: Not sure where I'm going with this, stay tuned..

Separated by Love

1

“I just hate him so much Ri! It’s like he goes out of his way to piss me off.” Jack Barakat complained to his best friend, Rian Dawson.

“Yeah, look man I don’t know. He only really picks on you, doesn’t bother anyone else.”

The two best friends were in their junior year at Dulaney High School, and since middle school, Alex Gaskarth had been making his life a living hell – or that’s how Jack felt anyway.

“Exactly! I just want him to leave me alone for once.”

“Maybe be secretly likes you.” Rian said, nudging him while raising his eyebrows.

“You say that about any guy that talks to me Ri, we get it, I’m bi; big woop. Anyway, I doubt that Alexander Gaskarth, of all people, would be interested in me – let alone in guys.” It was a well known fact by everyone at Dulaney that Alex was the resident ‘fuck boy’, he was a player by definition and he lived up to the name. Jack just knew that there was no way in hell that he would be interested in him.

Tall and lanky, no fashion sense and a mop of a haircut. Meanwhile, Alex was average height, good looks with a 1980s-punk-greaser combination style. Put simply, he was gorgeous.Truth be told Jack had always had the smallest inkling of an interest in the boy, but who could blame him. He wasn’t worried though; Alex's shitty personality pushed that feeling into a deep, dark, cobweb-ridden corner of Jacks mind.

As if on cue, at school the following Monday, Alex’s voice rang out through the corridors.

“Barakat! My best buddy, how you going mate?” Jack rolled his eyes and he immediately turned to walk straight out the double doors and get back into his car just so he didn’t have to deal with Alex’s shit today. He’d woken up late and had been in a rush to get to school, which for Jack was an instant terrible start to a day – which knowing him would perpetuate into a terrible day – so Alex was the last person he wanted to be around.

“What do you want Gaskarth?”

Alex feigned hurt, “I just wanted to greet my best friend!” He said, approaching Jack.

Grumbling profanities, Jack made a move to walk around the shorter boy – who stuck his arm in his path in response. “Aw come on, don’t be like that Jacky.”

“Alex, we aren’t friends, just get lost yeah?” The boy stopped suddenly, seeming almost shocked by Jack’s words; before regaining composure, “You’re so uptight today Barakat. What’s gotten up your ass? Finally find a boy stupid enough to date you?”

Jack, who had successfully walked past Alex, stopped as soon as those words left the other boys mouth. “You know what,” he said turning on his heel. “Fuck you Gaskarth. It’s one thing to continually piss me off everyday but now you’re just being an asshole.”

“Is little Jacky-boy upset because big mean Alex made fun of him? That’s too cute Barakat, really. Just adorable.”

Jack was fuming, he began to raise his fist – but thankfully Rian walked past and grabbed the boy as he saw what was about to happen. “Woah would you look at the time Jack, better go get your books for Chemistry!”

As they were walking away from the brown haired boy with a smirk on his face, Jack spoke up. “Thanks Ri. I was so fucking ready to punch the idiot. I can’t believe he said that.”

“Oh I know you were, you had fire in your eyes.” Rian said just as they reached Jacks locker. “Now, I don’t know if you noticed but the bell actually rang, we should get to class or Mr Nichols will kill us if we’re late. Jack groaned, knowing that Rian was indeed correct, the hallways were totally empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so, chapter one. This was originally going to be a one shot, but I felt that it just wasn't going to work so I've made it into chapters. Which is 100% a bad idea because I totally won't even update but eh, we'll see.

Anyway, a little about me for those of you who are interested. Names Amy, I'm 18 currently - live in Australia. In year 12, hopefully going to do nursing next year at uni but we'll see. Not much else, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though - I have no clue when the next will be up but yeah, you do you haha.
Catchhh