The Brightness of Day

see you soon

"Hey, uh, M."

I looked around, my vision slightly blurred from the tears that wouldn't stop spilling down my face since this morning. But I made sure I had everything.

"So, I know we haven't talked in a long time. A really long time actually. I saw on Facebook that you got an audition and that's amazing, M! I'm so proud of you."

The McDonalds bag was sitting in the passenger seat that had 2 Big Macs, 2 boxes of Chicken McNuggets, and 3 bags of french fries in it and my suitcase with all the clothes I could stuff into it was in the trunk. I looked at the backseat, there were food wrappers all over it and a tan blanket draped across it. I rolled my eyes at the food wrappers (thanks a lot, Milo) but was grateful for the blanket (actually, thanks Milo).

"This is probably stupid of me to do, but I'm guessing you saw on Facebook what happened, so I'm just saying fuck it. Like, what's even the point of being calculating anymore? Weighing the pros and cons of a decision? Who the hell cares, right? In the end, it doesn't really matter what you decide to do, the world has other plans for you. Like taking your heart and flinging it into the sun..."

"Okay, I think I'm good," I said, going over it again in my head for eighth time. I start the ignition and start driving, ignoring the thoughts in my head that this was a stupid idea. But I countered those stupid thoughts with, What have I got to lose? and usually they go away.

"So I guess the point of this really long, and rather dramatic, voicemail is that I miss you, I haven't seen or spoken to you in person in so long, and honestly, I think I really need this. So, I'm about to start the ignition of this car and drive straight towards Los Angeles. See you soon, M."

I follow the directions that Google Maps is giving me, winding my way around Brooklyn and New York City. I sighed, the tears stinging my eyes again.

"Ugh, fuck," I whisper, wiping them away with the sleeve of my sweater. Images of Evan keep appearing in my mind, telling me that I shouldn't be doing this and that this wasn't me. The image consisted of his stupid brownish blonde hair perfectly done, his twinkling and reassuring smile (which never had to affect of reassurance, to be honest), and his eyes giving me that don't do something stupid kind of look.

But I didn't care, Evan was no longer in my life. It didn't matter what he thought.

Just as I turned onto the I-78, the blanket in the backseat started to move. I stared at my rear view mirror, thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me since I didn't have the clearest vision at the moment. Nothing happened, so my heart calmed down and I focused back on the road.

"What the fuck?"

I slammed on the brakes and spun around, my heart beating a million beats a second. My biggest fear was some creep sitting in the backseat of my car, waiting to slit my throat or something. A dark haired head appeared from underneath the blanket and looked around, his eyes squinted like he had just woken up.

I screamed as loud as I could and closed my eyes, because for some reason, I thought that would make this random person go away. As soon as I opened them again, someone drove around me on the ramp onto the freeway and flipped me off.

"Whoa! Hey, Izzie!" shouted the man.

But I recognized that voice. I stopped screaming almost immediately and turned around again to see that I was right, I did know that voice and the person it belonged to.

I knew him very well.

"Theo?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm rusty but I needed something new to do, so here I am

Izzie || Theo