Status: so this is a first draft and one of the first stories ive written for my creative writing class. Be as harsh as you want.

Shadow

Shadow

SHADOW

I am your shadow. You know I’m there but you don’t pay any attention to me. It makes me sad, you know? I wish I were noticed like I used to be when you were a kid. I used to love the game where you’d chase someone or they’d chase you and try to step on your shadow. Can things go back to how they used to be? Please? I miss you so . But that was five years ago. I’ve realized you don’t care about me. I realized you won’t ever appreciate me. I’ve realized it’s time for revenge.
Ha I can’t believe this… you think I won’t come back and make your existence a living hell? I will and It’s all your fault, You cannot blame me. If only you had kept things the same as when you were a kid. Just imagine how happy we could be. Just think about it. Think about me because I’m important. You on the other hand aren’t. I am more significant than you. I make life worth living. Imagine how boring things would be without me. So boring, right? Yea, boring. But you know... I’ll make it less boring and a little more scary. That’s my job after all. To scare you. And that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.
I follow you endlessly, everywhere you want to go. The only reason being is I have to. God I wish I didn’t have to. Soon I won’t have to cause I’ll push you over the edge. It’ll start off as simple little scares. Enough to keep you on edge. Enough to make you watch your back. Little will you know I am behind you. You just won’t notice that it is me. I am the one thats gonna end you. You cannot stop me. Remember that.
It’s time. It’s time for your first small scare; nothing to worry about-yet. I wait for the perfect opportunity and do my job. I stay behind you and whisper in your ear “emmmmma”. You turn around looking for whoever said your name. You don’t see anyone, and you definitely don’t see me. God emma, if only you had seen me. That’s all it took. So you keep going on about your day. You keep an ear out, you listen for me to say something but I stay quiet. Soon it’ll be time for scare two.
You’ve already forgotten about me and it’s only been a few hours. How can humans be so... absentminded? It makes this a little difficult. Oh well, I can still do this. I have to make you pay for what you’ve made me feel. So I get to thinking; I have to get to scare two or else she will think nothing of this. That’d be a setback but it’d be fixable.
My next plan is to move things; Leave cabinet doors open, move cups, your keys, even your phone. You’ll make sure it’s where you put it but then i’ll move it. It’ll make you go insane. This is only phase one. Get ready for this cuz it’s going to be hard for you, but who cares right? Not me. I begin preparing myself to do this. It’s difficult because I need to focus on what i’m doing instead of on you. Emma, i’m beginning to think you don’t really pay much attention, but you will- I promise.
I smile when you leave for work. We will be home in a few hours and that’s when scare two will start. The day goes by slow since i’m super excited for what’s to come. God this is gonna be fun. Well fun for me, not so much for you. Oh well, as long as I have fun, that’s what matters. As you drive home I mess with the radio stations. Super simple but super effective. You try to change the station but I don’t let you. I keep the nob in place and you struggle, trying to turn it. You think you’re gonna break off the nob so you give up. That’s when I change the station to country music. I love it because you hate country music with a passion. You try to turn it off but nope, I don’t let you do that either. You have to keep focused on the road though, so you give up. That’s when I am satisfied. For now.
You go to bed when you get home and I get to work. I move your keys from the table to the kitchen, your phone from your room to your drawer. I open the door of your room and I unlock your front and back door. In the morning you’re gonna enjoy my little suprise. I certainly enjoyed doing it and I will continue doing so until your mind is too tired to fight me. You’ll give in and I will win. Of course it’s going to take some time, but i’ve got time. I’ve got all the time in the world.
You wake up and look for your phone. Of course it’s not where you had put it the night before, oops I wonder why. You get up and get ready for another day at work, still a little tired you don’t seem to notice your keys are missing. You will when you get ready to leave. You’ve got time so you continue looking for your phone. You haven’t found it and you’re about to give up when suddenly you realize you might’ve left it in your car. You head out but realize the door is unlocked. You look past it and move on. You get to your car and try to get into it but you can’t. The doors are locked, which you don’t remember doing, so you go inside to look for those as well. They aren’t where you had put them the night before so this is when you really start to freak out. Im telling you, this is the most fun i’ve had in years. I can’t believe I didn’t do this before, your reactions and frantic searching is just hilarious. You finally give up and sit down to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is virtually unedited, do your best at giving me feedback. I'd really appreciate it.