California Dreaming

California Dreaming


Lasting Recovery Treatment Center was the last place Alyssa Bishop had expected to end up when she'd drunkenly blazed through a red light at a hundred miles an hour, killing a child and his mother. She was sure that if it wasn't for her father and his name, she would have ended up in jail on manslaughter charges. With no contact from the outside world except for visits from her parents on the weekend and a lack of interesting people in treatment to talk to, Alyssa thought she might die of boredom before having a chance to enjoy sobriety. When a new patient much like herself is checked into treatment, she can't help but become intrigued and finds herself drawn to him.

This wasn't the first time George had been to rehab and he was sure it wouldn't be his last. He was only here because his record label insisted on it after he'd ended up in a hospital after overdosing on a cocktail of morphine and diazepam, and he wasn't planning on sticking around long. It wasn't like he had anything to get sober for - his ex had taken off with his daughter, his parents weren't talking to him, and even his own bandmates were shutting him out. Being high was the only thing that made any sense to him anymore. He certainly wasn't planning on making friends while he was in San Diego, not even the cute blonde who'd introduced herself as Alyssa during his group therapy session.

___________________________________________________________________