Status: This may be a one chapter let's just see enjoy!

The Gift.

The Gift. Chapter 1

Chapter 1.
Where: Wayne Manor, Gotham City.
Time: 4:12 p.m,
Day: Thursday.

Inside the bedroom was everything that a child had ever imagined. The walls were in every shade of the color purple that one could envision of making along with some pictures that had decorated them to be more presentable as well as having strings of icicle lights to give the room itself a nice yet calming glow. A large queen sized canopy bed stood proudly with its fresh linens with the many different kinds of stuffed animals that looked cute as though they were guarding its occupant from any unknown danger necessary that would be lurkung around at any given time. (Like they would ever charge who ever it would be coming but a child could dream).

A young girl who looked to be 5 years old was busy and hard at work putting together some figurines from her modeling play-doh as she concentrated on getting the head right sticking out her tongue and furrowing her eyebrows. Seeing the framed picture of herself along with Bruce and Dick that they had taken out in the front yard from a couple weeks ago and the modeled figure of her Papa, she smiled in approval and nodded as she brought out two tiny blue dots that resembled Dick's eyes putting them on his clay version of himself.

She then got out her crayola crayons and drew a picture as well as wrapping up the present in an unused shoebox as she soon left the room careful not to ruin her hard work; her heart was beating in mixtures of anticipation and excitement couldn't wait to see the look on her parents' faces when she would present them her gift. But as she got to the edge of the staircase to go down step by step, she could hear noises; loud noises, and that could only mean one thing: Bruce and Dick were arguing yet again about a mission that they had finished from late last night that had almost ended in near death due to Damian's stubbornness about wanting to go alone and face Two-Face by himself.

Madalina knew that both her daddies were known as the Batman and Nightwing along with the rest of her Uncles and Aunties. Hearing great stories from their nightly adventures to make Gotham a better place to live in, wanted her to become a superhero too, but Dick with his maternal instincts had let her know to not rush things and just take the time to be a normal kid and that there was plenty of time to become a hero in her own way so there was no need to want to be one right at the moment. She might have had Bruce's ice blue colored colored eyes and pale skin complexion, but she also had her Papa's personality and his long mane full of hair that she wored in two long pigtails that would bounce whenever she would run ahead of them if she was playing tag.

"Oh come on Bruce, Damian is 19 now he may be old enough but he is not exactly old enough to go on missions by himself yet. What if he was killed in that explosion? Then what would you say about that?" Maddie shook her head knowing her Papa like any other person to know that he had a tendency to get overprotective of someone quick, fast, and in a hurry even if the particular person was 30, he could still treat them like they were his children.

Bruce on the other hand though, didn't even mutter out a word just stood there like a block of ice and kept drinking his tea like Dick wasn't even in the same room as he was which had made the lately wedded Grayson to bang his fist down on the table along with Alfred scolding him to turn down his banging volume which had made the young girl to jump and shook being afraid of what she would hear next but nothing else came up.

"What if it was Maddie? Then what in the world would you say if our daughter had gone missing from either Poison Ivy? Clayface? or perhaps the Joker?"

Now, it had really set Bruce off. "Don't you ever use her name in any conversation that we are having. Do you honestly think I wanted Damian out there by himself!? I can't let any of my family get either kidnapped or murdered and you are using our child as an example if that would ever happen to her!?"

The little girl gently bit her lip. She didn't like it when her dads argued like that to the point they would even look or speak to each-other for the rest of the day which would result to one of them retiring to their rooms and hopefully would have the energy to apologize the next day. Tears streamed down little Maddie's face as she slid down on her butt holding the box tightly ro her chest.

"I want to give this gift..."
♠ ♠ ♠
This fic is an inspiration from watching a little animated film called the gift in where a little girl created a present to give to her parents only to hear them argue wishing that they would just stop so that way, she could give them a present but one of her little stuffed animals comes to life from her imagination where she goes on a wild adventure to bring it to them :) you can find the video on YouTube. Just type in The Gift animated film and it will pop up ;)

More will be up soon :)