Hospice

"I wish that I'd known in the first minute we met the unpayable debt that I'd owe you.
You've been abused by the bone that refused you and you hired me to make up for that.
Walking in that room when you had tubes in your arms those singing morphine alarms out of tune

They kept you sleeping and eating but I didn't believe them when they called you a hurricane thunderclap.

When I was checking vitals I suggested a smile. You didn't talk for a while, you were freezing
you said you hated my tone it made you feel so alone so you told me I ought to be leaving

But something kept me standing by that hospital bed, I should have quit but instead I took care of you. You made me sleep uneven and I didn't believe them when they said that there was no saving you."

-Kettering by The Antlers

~~~


Jay Michaels, twenty-five years old and a five year veteran in the medical field. He recently moved on to the Hospice program, a volunteer led medical effort to aid those suffering terminal illnesses in nursing homes, hospitals and from the comfort of their own homes.

Silvia Quiet, a twenty-seven year old girl diagnosed with bone cancer in her left femur at age eight. She had eleven years cancer free before it returned shortly after her twenty-third birthday.

He will be her caretaker to look after her every whim, but at first sight, Jay knows Silvia is the only woman he wants to spend his life with.

inspired by the album Hospice by the Antlers. All lyrics, plots and characters belong to them except for any OC's I've created as well as changes to the storyline to help it flow better.
  1. Prologue.
    Sliding curtains and shining children's heads
  2. I.