Status: Enjoy :>

The Time Thing

CH 1

The following story happens in real time;
“I am sitting in my White Chair one morning, looking out to the world with all its movement, routine and unpredictability. Into my view comes a certain crippled man indeed he is a Beggar dressed up like an old man. I can see him walking up the Hill where I am situated. He isn't coming up to me however at least not to me in My Mind". Now let me tell you about the Thought in My Mind on this old looking man that morning. First, he seemingly walked with an air of contentment and despite all his troubles he was firmly poised too, quite regal in his own fashion in fact. Few many times he would pause to wipe with an handkerchief the sweats that formed white dirty colored beads on his face. Even with his one leg limping he seemed fine to me. It's worth remembering however that he was a Beggar of course, even though theirs is not a popular vocation all Beggars beg, still wish or thirst for fame depending on their appetite for it.
For all of My Mind analysis on this queer old man that limped on one leg in front of me, he himself wasn't particularly interested in me as I was in him. In My Mind though I Thought of course he would be of course. On this Hill that I was and that he walked up on I figured he had not much choice than to come since he obviously needed help that I could readily offer him if he comes. So I thought in my White Chair.
I waited and I waited and he just walked on and he walked on. He seemed to have the time and energy for every other thing and person on the Hill except me and it gave me cause to wonder. Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me too much of course. I had already seen two beggars here on the Hill this morning so I couldn't say I was thirsty for a beggar's attention.
Yeah, I was intrigued. I felt this queer old man was up to something. They say good things come to those who wait, I had waited already yet he didn't come to me. I have also read that great things go to those who go for it. I couldn't keep up like this forever in My Mind. Every wait has to end at some point - the only thing that lasts forever is nothing. I pondered it all.
The Old Man had gone out of sight temporarily in My Mind wanderings, now he was back and I was seeing him again. This time he was walking down the Hill. With no hint of a look in my direction I wondered if he perceived I had been labelling him all along and disregarded me much for that reason. At this point My muddled Mind started to slowly reorganise itself and I could casually recognise what I needed to do in fact. Then it hit me with a subtle touch tough as a punch. In My Mind it was I who had somehow become the Beggar for even though the Old Man wanted nothing from him, I did want from him. Even though he gave no look in my direction, mine was fixated on him in hope of attention.
Somehow I reflected, “How did I manage to reflect this man so perfectly". I considered tearing my hair out in disbelief at what I was doing to myself or closing my mouth, shutting my eyes in glorious amazement at what I was seeing with my eyes.
As I looked at him and I thought this all over. I wondered if My Mind was creeping towards madness then I I looked at the Old Man he didn't look mad at all and somehow somehow again I felt My Mind set itself at ease.
Now amazed out of My Mind I felt the Old Man as an heavenly trip and I found myself indeed tripping even in the moments when I resisted so much I found myself then yielding and merging with it surely". I decided then I couldn't lose both ways so I started working diligently, intelligently with My Mind slowly connecting the dots. I was going to learn from this. I wanted to learn whatever this Old Man wanted me to to learn from this. Transformed. I Started out of my White Chair and began to walk down the hill too. I was going to catch up with this old man. Even though he was much farther down the hill by now I believed I would catch up. Such was my faith by now I could actually feel it. In a short period of time I had transited from feeling like a beggar and feeling like a man on a mission.
Eventually I succeeded yes , yet I would be deceiving myself if I don't recognise the fact that I considered quitting it and going back the way we human beings are quite prone to. Indeed when I think about it now I do with no shame and pride at all. These are the cross of being human. I didn't walk down that hill that day with a smile permanently plastered on my face either believing that it was all fate. All I had to inspire me was just a strong optimism that if I successfully merged with my present fate I would achieve what I desired by the time I reached the Old Man at the foot of the hill. I would make the best out of this situation.
When I got close up with the Old Man I offered him a little Change the way we feeble humans do when we feel generous.
The Old Man looked at me with no eye contact, took the Change I offered him with a nod and then stretched out his two hands to me. He spoke and said well you can choose now. So which will it be; Shake my Right Hand or take the wristwatch on my Left Hand.