Status: Enjoy :>

The Time Thing

CH 2

In My Mind I felt this is weird, I should move on. What came out of my mind instead was " Why Old Man, why are you asking me to choose, I don't need your Wristwatch? ". The Old Man who still wasn't looking me in the face, replied wistfully "Well you should shake me then, the choice is yours still". Before I was able to ask him another question he answered me succinctly "if it's the Wristwatch you are really interested in though will have to take it first to find out the Why"
I looked at the Old Man hard, he still wasn't looking at me back. I felt I needed to read his body language to discover the true intentions behind him all. Thinking. "What if this leads me down a wrong path and I can no longer seat in my White chair. Am I helping myself by looking for the thrill of adventure? What is it I want now anyway?" Then I remembered. The Matrix; how Neo felt when Morpheus asked him to make a choice. My final thought before I spoke again changed my life. "What Neo chose was what changed his life".
Of course I could have shook his hand, returned to my White Chair, engaged in pastime and wondered what an experience that was. Yeah I would have wondered about what happened next when I took the Old Man Wristwatch. So yeah I went ahead and did the right thing for me.
I nodded to the Old Man and stretched out my own left hand. Without a word either the Old Man unstrapped his Wristwatch and placed it in mine. Holding the Wristwatch in my own hand with disbelief and child-like curiosity I smiled smugly at the Old Man. "It's a time machine right?" I asked him. "I suppose it is if it helps you see what the future and past looks like. Really Son, if you look beyond what you want to see, it's a Wristwatch that tells you about the present time.". So what you mean is, the Wristwatch is a time machine that won't travel huh? I asked. Yes the Old Man said. "The most important advice I will give you is to use this Wristwatch to understand time itself. You can't do that if you are more interested in time travelling than living presently in time." I looked at him with mouth ajar. "What do you mean sir? You say it's a time machine yet it doesn't allow me to do what I should be able to with it. Time machines are made for time travel." I countered him. Gosh the Old Man is really a trip. Mans is really fucking with me for real.
He was looking at the heavens intently, still he had more to say, "Do not doubt, you only waste your time when you doubt. Instead stretch to understand, that is more beneficial in the long run." "Ah what... ?" he cut me short before I asked him another question. "No more questions, Time will teach all you need to know. Now you have questions to answer yourself." With that he started walking away. I repeat walking away. I had a sense that he was going for good this time . So I let fly the questions I had on the top of My Mind. Sir, why won't you look me in the eye? Are you really an Old Man? Is all of this even real? When will we meet again?
For the first time he turned to face me,giving me all of his attention and his own smug smile. For about 8 seconds I gazed at the Man drinking in all his features all over again and I thought how wonderful everything was at that moment. "Ah finally he said." "You are ready to face reality. That's Good. That's Good." That was the last of it all as he kind of dematerialize into fiery vapor that grew towards the heavens before my eyes. Wonderful. I felt. Wonderful. I Thought. It was just really high.
♠ ♠ ♠
The plot intensifies