Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

At the library

“Seriously, Mrs Queller is a bitch,” Olivia all but hissed, while glancing over at her cousin, who had her fully attention inside her biology book.

“What happened now?” Jade sighed, not lifting her gaze, meanwhile she pressed her pencil towards her notebook.

“She gave me a B on my chemistry test! I’m not a B,” the dark-haired girl exclaimed, not caring that the two girls had escaped into the library and that her high-pitched voice was louder than usual.

“It’s not the end of the world,” the brunette retorted, still not looking at her cousin, meanwhile she went to skip a song on her Mp3.

“Says the girl who’s never gotten a B in chemistry,” the other girl half-snapped, her dark eyes still resting on the grade in front of her.

“Olivia,” Jade sighed. “You didn’t get a bad grade, and it was a difficult test, didn’t Mrs Queller say that herself?” she asked, this time looking over at the girl across from her.

“Doesn’t matter,” Oli pursed her lips, before she dug the test into her purse and slung it over her shoulder. “I’m not a B,” she exclaimed.

Jade all but rolled her eyes at her cousin, who soon got to her feet and gathered her books. “I’m gonna go,” she stated, obviously annoyed with her cousin who didn’t show her the sympathy she wanted.

“I’ll see you later,” Jade called, her headphones plugged in, meanwhile she could hear the sound of Olivia’s high-heels through the sound of her pod cast.

The brunette returned to her biology book, before her eyes looked over the notes in her notebook. She was usually never the person to procrastinate her schoolwork, but she had had her hands full with homework the last days.

Jade went to take a sip from her black coffee, and then afterwards let her eyes look at the golden watch on her wrist. The time seemed to crawl away awfully slowly today, as the brunette returned her fully attention to her book and the notes that occupied half of the wooden table.

“Are you seriously listening to a pod cast about photosynthesis?” a deep voice called, causing her to jump, as Jade looked over her shoulder and noticed Brian standing over her.

His long hair had been hidden under a black fedora, and he was dressed in a dark tank top with torn jeans and his fingerless gloves.

“What are you doing here? I didn’t know you knew your school had a library,” she said rather teasingly, as she paused the pod cast she had been listening to.

“You’re so funny,” Brian muttered dryly, before he plumped down on the chair next to her.
“Schoolwork?” he cocked his eyebrows, his eyes glancing over at her neat notes.

“Yeah, I have a biology test tomorrow that I haven’t really studied for,” Jade confessed, pressing her fingers against her temple.

“And here I was, convinced that you were just doing biology for fun,” Brian joked, causing her to shake her head.

“I bet you think that’s something I would do,” Jade said, her eyes glancing over at his face and noticing the silly smirk that curved his lips. “Oh my God,” she rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m starting to think you actually have a life aside from school though,” Brian admitted, still eyeing her from the corner of his eye, meanwhile Jade shook her head at him.

“Wow, thanks,” she said, cocking her eyebrows, looking anything but impressed.

Brian opened his mouth and was about to answer, just when a high-pitched voice called his name from the other side of the room. He soon moved his gaze from Jade’s notes and over to Maddie, who was standing next to Amanda.

“Babe. I wasn’t expecting to see you here,” Maddie confessed, as she walked over to her boyfriend and placed her hands on his broad chest.

“Neither did I,” Amanda commented, her arms crossed over her petite chest, before she went to play with the ends of her high ponytail.

Brian rolled his eyes at the sight of Maddie’s friend, earning himself a nasty glare from his girlfriend, who soon cupped his cheeks and pecked his thin lips.

“I was just checking out…” he trailed off while trying to explain to the blonde cheerleader what he was doing at the library.

“Other girls?” Maddie cocked her eyebrows, glancing over at Jade who had gone back to her pod cast.

“What? No,” Brian looked almost disgusted as he glanced over at Jade again before he looked back at his girlfriend. “No, I just had to deliver something for Matt,” he lied.

“Okay?” she didn’t look so convinced while Brian placed his large palms on her hips, feeling the fabric of her miniskirt through his dark gloves.

“I promise,” he lowered his voice and leaned his forehead until it touched his. “Look, let’s go to the movies tonight,” Brian suggested, placing his index finger under her chin and lifting it until her baby blue eyes looked up at him.

“Okay,” she gave in, circling her arms around his neck and acting as though they were not standing in the middle of a library.

“Maddie, you promised to spend some time with the girls,” Amanda reminded her of.

Brian sighed and tried to hold back his words. He had never been fan of Amanda, and only the sound of her voice was enough to give him a headache.

“Oh, true,” Maddie whimpered, chewing on her cherry red bottom lip, meanwhile she looked down at her shoes.

“I thought you hung out with them during the beach party?” he cocked his eyebrows.

Maddie felt a lump in her throat, as she glanced over at Amanda, looking as though she was in deep need of a lie.

“No, that day we hung out with the football team,” Amanda said. “This time it’s only the girls,”

“Yeah, exactly,” Maddie said, pursing her lips, as Brian’s hands fell from her body.

“Okay, have fun, I guess,” he muffled back, clearly unimpressed by the way she lied to him.

“I’ll text you tomorrow, babe,” Maddie promised, stealing one last kiss, before she linked her arm with Amanda and started walking away, leaving Brian behind with Jade.

Jade glanced over at Brian, noticing the disappointment that swirled in his dark orbs. She soon pulled out her earplugs and went to collect her papers.

“Trouble in paradise?” she asked, instantly earning his attention, as he responded by pushing a heavy sigh through the opening of his lips.

“Nah,” he insured her.

“That was very convincing,” Jade mocked, meanwhile she stuffed her book into her messenger bag.

“It’s nothing,” Brian mumbled, obviously not in the mood to talk about it. “What are you gonna do now?” he asked, glancing over at her almost shyly.

“Well, I’m gonna go home and read since you guys disturbed my silent space,” the brunette admitted, while slinging her bag over her shoulder.

“Sorry about that,” Brian announced, taking her by surprise, as Jade’s eyes widened.

“Is that Brian Haner apologizing?” Jade stuttered, her hand on her chest and an expression that made it look as though she had just seen a ghost.

“Shut up,” he answered, not able to resist the smirk on his face, as he nudged her side with his hand.

“So, who were they?” the brunette asked, her fingers hooked around the strap of her messenger bag, meanwhile the two of them made their way out of the library.

“That’s my girlfriend, Maddie, and her friend Amanda,” he explained.

“You didn’t seem like Amanda’s biggest fan, or?” Jade mused, just as Brian chuckled back.

“Not exactly,” he confirmed. “She’s a bitch,”

“You’ve almost made me believe that’s the only way you can describe girls,” she told him, obviously unimpressed by his way of talking to other girls.

“Some girls are cunts, and she’s one of them,” Brian argued back, watching as Jade rolled her eyes at him.

“Spare me,” she all but insisted.

Brian chose to ignore it, as he fished for his package and took the last cigarette from his package and placed it between his lips. Jade narrowed her eyes at the smell of smoke. Brian soon parted his lips and blew out the smoke, meanwhile he used his finger to tape the end of his cigarette.

“Do you have to smoke on school property?” the brunette asked, causing Brian to chuckle, before he took another drag from his cigarette.

“No, I don’t,” he stated. “I just wanna annoy you,” Brian admitted, making sure to tap his cigarette close to Jade so that the ash darted towards her.

“Don’t!” she alarmed, pushing him away, as the fabric of her shorts managed to escape the ash. “I don’t wanna smell like Marlboro cigarettes,” Jade stated.

“Oh, I thought the mixture of cigarettes and perfume was your favourite,” Brian responded, as she nudged him by using the end of her elbow.

“Gosh, you’re an idiot,” the brunette said.

“But you’re laughing,” he pointed out, sniggering as he did.

The smile on Jade’s face only widened as he pointed it out, making it even harder to act serious.

“I’m not!” she answered, refusing to acknowledge that he was capable of making her laugh.

“I guess I’m just having seizures then,” he shrugged nonchalantly, meanwhile Jade shook her head.

“Must be,” she agreed. “But okay, I gotta go home,” Jade announced, glancing over at the dark-haired boy, who was glancing down at his cigarette.

“I can give you a lift, you know,” Brian offered, once again taking her by surprise.

“W-What?” the brunette stuttered.

“Yeah, you know, drive you home so you don’t have to walk,” he started explaining, as his mocking tone appeared again.

“Idiot,” Jade muffled, nudging him.

“Is that how you thank someone who’s offering you a lift home?” Brian cocked his eyebrows at her.

“No, that’s how I thank an idiot,” she said, curving her lips into a smile.

Brian rolled his eyes at her. “Anyway, do you want a lift or not?”

Jade could feel her teeth sink into her bottom lip. She had no idea how nor why the two of them had suddenly started to end up on good terms with each other. Now they were bumping into each other, talking and joking as though they were real friends. The sudden change surprised her, just like Brian did when he was now offering to give her a lift home.

“Hello?” he waved his hand in front of her, snapping her out of her thoughts, as Jade cleared her throat.

“Sure thing,” she nodded, watching as he fished for his keys and twirled them in his fingers.

“Let’s go then,” he said, guiding her towards the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Brian and Jade are acting civilized! Who would've thought? I seriously couldn't sleep here the other night, so I fell asleep nine o'clock in the morning and slept for two hours!!! However, on the bright side, during that time I managed to write a new chapter, and jfc, I have a lot of drama and fun coming up for you guys! I already have wayyyy to many chapters in my draft, so you guys only need to comment and then you'll see!!!

3 comments = next chapter!!