Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Considerate

“It’s so good to see you girls study for your SAT,” Esther said, smiling brightly at the two girls, who had settled in Jade’s bed, notes decorating half of the floor.

“You know us,” Olivia smiled, taking a sip from her diet coke.

“I do! I’m really proud of you girls and all the effort you dedicate into your work. I pray every day that Yale will accept the two of you,” Jade’s mother went on, as everyone knew it was unlikely that an ivy league like Yale would accept two students from the same high school.

“They will. We really have the potential to get in,” Olivia said, confidence oozing from her words, meanwhile her cousin was busy with looking over old SATs.

“That’s the attitude I like! I’ll leave you guys alone now,” Esther announced, her hand resting on the door handle, before she closed the door and returned towards the stairs.

Silence fell over the two girls, as they returned to their session. Jade could feel a light headache crawl towards the back of her head after all the hours that had went by. The two of them had been studying for quite some time now, and the brunette almost felt like a cramp was right around the corner after all the notes she had written during the afternoon.

“I feel like we’ve been through every SAT since 1926,” Jade announced after another half hour, her back leaning against the wall.

“That’s because we have,” Olivia giggled, her pencil racing over the paper.

The brunette was soon caught off by the sound of her phone that told her a message had arrived. A smile stroke her face when she picked up the phone that had been all but buried underneath a pile of papers and saw Brian’s name on her screen.

“Let me guess,” Olivia started, her index finger resting under her chin. “DiBenedetto?”

Jade could see the disgusted look on her face, as she unlocked her phone and saw the message Brian had left, knowing that she would spend her evening with Olivia and a pile of old SATs.

“It is,” Jade lied, her attention instantly returning to her phone.

'How are u holding up, babe? Is she as hideous as I remember? :O'

Jade sniggered at the message he had left. She knew Brian was not a huge fan of her cousin, and he knew as well that the dislike was very mutual from Olivia’s side. The brunette’s fingers swept over the buttons, quickly replying to his message, before she waited for him to steal her attention again.

'I’m drowning under a pile of SATs. What about you? You have practice now, right?'

“I can’t believe a subject like chemistry can bring you together with a troublemaker,” the dark-haired girl muttered.

“Michelle? Oh please, she’s not a troublemaker,” Jade rolled her eyes. “She’s a true sweetheart. Just let her be, Oli,” she told her cousin.

“I actually regret bringing her up. Studying for SAT is way funnier than talking about Michelle DiBenedetto,” Olivia said, shrugging nonchalantly, before returning to her task.

Jade rolled her eyes again. She had no idea where the hostile attitude towards Michelle and her friends came from, but she did know that she was not a fan of it. Jade brought her coke up to her lips, taking a swig from it and praying that the sugar would prevent her from falling asleep.

'Shit, u already know my schedule! So, have u freed yourself from ur cousin so that u can attend Val and Michelle’s party on?'

Her glossy lips twisted into a smile when she saw Brian’s message on her screen again.

“Gosh, are you in love with the girl or something? You look like a fool,” Olivia rolled her eyes, a sigh leaving her lips.

Jade decided to ignore her cousin as she typed back a message to her boyfriend, feeling the butterflies that fluttered in her stomach by the thought of him. Brian was such a great guy, and she adored how patient and gentle he was with her. He was so aware of the difficult situation she was in, and he did literally everything he could to make it all better.

'I'm going and I can't wait:--) I hope they don't suspect anything.....'

'Angel, it’ll be okay! ❤️ Have u thought about how u wanna tell ‘Chelle?'

Jade sighed. It was so difficult to come clean with Michelle, and especially after she had realized how Michelle felt about Brian. Val had already told her that she had always thought that her sister had a little crush on her friend, but after the concert it became clear to Jade that it went beyond a silly crush.

'Babe?' Brian messaged, impatient for her to answer.

'I’m sorry, hon. No, I have no idea:--( We have to keep it a secret for a little longer. Is that k with u?'

Jade sighed and dragged her hand through her long hair, realizing that she had given up on studying more now.

'Of course, babe! We’ll keep it between us as long as u want;--)'

A smile twisted her lips at how considerate he was. He really wanted to walk the extra mile for her.

“Okay, now we’re done!” Olivia announced, throwing her book on top of the bed and cracking her knuckles. “I want ice cream,” she mumbled.

Jade giggled, leaving her phone on top of her nightstand and placing her hand at the back of her neck, stretching a bit.

“That sounds like a brilliant plan,” she agreed.

“Let’s go then!” Olivia smiled.

***

“No, no, no!” Jimmy yelled from behind his drum kit, his fingers lacing into his raven black hair, meanwhile he shook his head. “What the fuck, Gates!” he growled at his guitarist. “What the living hell!”

Brian rolled his eyes, as he had recently failed on his solo again. The guys looked at him, not understanding what was going through his mind, as he never missed a note when it was his turn to shine.

“I’m sorry,” he sighed.

“What’s up, man? You’re never this bad,” Zacky announced from the couch.

“Maybe Zacky can replace Gates for a little while?” Matt suggested rather teasingly, as Brian cocked his eyebrows at him.

“Oh, please. Even when I’m at my worst, I’m still better than you,” Brian said to his friend. “I just need a little break,” he continued, his hand letting go of his guitar as it kept hanging from the strap around his neck.

“That cocky bastard,” Matt rolled his eyes, before he went over to Val, who had been chilling in the old couch with her feet propped on top of the old coffee table.

“He’s probably still heartbroken after Maddie,” she suggested, wrapping her arm around his neck and pulling her boyfriend closer to her.

“You really think so? I think he’s been dealing with it surprisingly good,” Matt mumbled, watching as Brian fished for his phone from his pocket, a smile striking his face as he was busy texting with someone.

“The realization often comes later, babe,” Val told him, her hand resting on his thigh.

“But look at him! He looks fucking happy!” Matt exclaimed, pointing his meaty finger at his pal.

The dark-haired girl looked over at Brian. Matt was right. He looked happy. Actually beyond happy.

Val’s expression turned puzzled, just as Jimmy tackled Brian, both of them hitting the floor with a loud crack.

“Jimmy, what the fuck!” Brian growled, as he all but pushed his friend off him and looked back at his phone, scared that Jimmy had seen the message from Jade.

“Who are you texting?” Jimmy half-shrieked, not letting this go. “Are you already jumping into bed with someone?”

“Fuck off,” the guitarist rolled his eyes, ignoring the way Johnny was looking at the two guys on the floor.

“I hope you’re not screwing Amanda,” Zacky sniggered, driving his hand through his black hair.

“Are you fucking kidding me? As if I would ever touch her,” Brian said, disgusted by the idea.

“You could probably work your way through the entire cheerleader team by the end of high school,” Johnny chuckled, joining Zacky, as the two laughed out loud.

“You guys are nasty,” Brian stated, getting on his feet again and glancing over at his phone.

“At least they haven’t been together with Maddie Clearwater,” Val announced, getting to her feet, her lips carrying a cigarette as she went out for a smoke.

“Fair point,” Brian admitted under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel as though this has been such a long morning? Might be because I've been slacking on the couch watching Gossip Girl for three hours, ops.

Thank you so much for comments! You guys really are the best! Please remember to recommend as well! ❤️❤️❤️

They're still keeping it as a secret, but for how long can this go on? How do you think Michelle and Olivia will find out? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments = next update!