Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Michelle

Jade sprayed a gentle layer of perfume unto her neck, as her dark eyes looked at her appearance in the mirror. Her dark brown hair had pulled into a high ponytail, exposing her rather big golden earrings and the golden necklace she had gotten from her grandmother.

The brunette soon grabbed her messenger bag from on top of her bed, noticing the pile of papers that she had abandoned on her nightstand, relieved that she was finally giving herself a night off the hard SAT-studying.

“And remember, you’re gonna be home-” Jade chuckled, cutting her mother off as she knew this line by heart.

“By eleven and I’ll message you before I leave Michelle’s house,” her daughter finished the sentence.

“Excellent,” her mother said, bringing her hand on top of her shoulder. “And remember to have keys,” she added.

“Already ahead of you,” Jade smirked cheekily back, holding up her silver key in front of her mother’s face.

“You really are a Perez,” her father chuckled, his arm wrapping around his daughter’s shoulders.

“Born and raised,” Jade replied proudly. “Okay, I have to go now,” she told her parents, kissing the two of them goodbye, before her hands went to play with the straps of her bag.

“Have fun! And don’t be late!” Esther called after her daughter who was already bringing the door with her as she left the house on a Saturday night.

“She’ll be fine,” her father insured his wife, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling the older woman in for a hug. “She’s a good kid,” he told her.

“The best actually,” Esther said, knowing that her daughter had always obeyed her parents.

As Jade hurried down the patio, she could see Michelle’s old Mercedes waiting for her by her house. The blonde girl was busy digging through her CD-collection, unsure what she wanted to introduce to her friend, as Jade climbed inside the car.

“You made it!” Michelle smiled brightly at her friend, kissing her cheek, as her hands were already resting on the leather wheel.

“I did!” Jade beamed happily, before buckling her seatbelt and watching the landscape that was dragged away from her gaze.

Michelle hummed along to the sound of Dolly Parton, with her free hand resting around the bottle of her soda.

“I can’t wait for tonight!” the blonde said, as she had looked forward to this party the entire week. “It’ll be so much fun!”

“I really think so too,” Jade agreed. “And thank you so much for picking me up and inviting me,” the brunette turned to her friend, who only chuckled.

“Please! You’re a part of the family now, Jade!” Michelle stated, her voice sounding as though she was just telling her the obvious.

“You guys have all been so kind,” Jade told her friend, leaning back in her leather seat and listening to Parton’s infamous song Jolene.

“Not everyone,” Michelle sniggered. “Brian was pretty awful when you guys first met,” she reminded her of. “But it seems like you guys are on good terms now,” she said at last.

“We’re okay, I guess,” Jade mumbled, instantly holding unto her mask, as Michelle parked her blue car outside her house.

“Oh, please! You guys are friends, you just won’t admit it,” the blonde said, her hand grabbing the key, meanwhile she went to unbuckle her seatbelt. “You’re not fooling anyone now, especially not me!” Michelle went on, pointing her finger at her friend.

“Perhaps not,” the brunette mumbled under her breath, as she grabbed her leather bag and followed her friend into her house.

The sound of Black Sabbath greeted the two girls as they made their way passed the door and towards the hallway. Jade followed her friend into the living room, both of them drawing closer to the high-pitched sound of Jimmy’s voice, as the brunette soon saw the guys that had managed to squeeze themselves into Val and Michelle’s dark leather couch.

“Jade!” Val announced happily, already tipsy, as she got to her feet and paddled towards the brunette in order to hug her.

“You have such a cosy home,” Jade said, her eyes glancing over at the walls that were all covered in family pictures and the wide living room that had a rather intimate atmosphere to it.

“You really think so? Thanks, hon!” the dark-haired girl responded, surprised. “Come on! We made sure to buy non-alcoholic drink as well!” she said, bringing her fingers around Jade’s wrist and pulling her into the direction of the kitchen.

The two girls walked into the kitchen, Jade leaning against the counter, her messenger bag still tugged around her shoulders, meanwhile she watched as Val pulled out a can of coke.

“We have ice in the basement! I’ll be back!” she told her friend, leaving the can next to the fridge, before she disappeared out of the kitchen again.

Jade chewed on her bottom lip, her hands resting at her back, meanwhile she waited for Val to return again.

“You look lost,” someone chuckled from the door opening, causing the brunette to move her gaze until she looked at a pair of familiar dark eyes.

“I’m just waiting for Val,” Jade told Brian, who shuffled towards his girlfriend.

Brian was dressed in a dark t-shirt that fitted perfectly around his broad chest. Along with the shirt he was wearing light torn jeans and the top of his head was hidden underneath his fedora.

“You look stunning,” he said, as he was so close to her that his cool breath could roll smoothly over her face.

Brian soon went to place his hands on her hips, feeling her hipbones through the thin fabric of her purple pleated skirt that reached her ankles. He glanced over at her vanilla coloured plain t-shirt and then allowed his eyes to travel up to her face, locking eyes with her dark ones.

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” she sniggered, bringing her hands on top of his arms and feeling the warmth that radiated from his skin to hers.

The dark-haired boy soon tilted his forehead until it rested against hers. He then pecked her lips several times, never getting tired of the sensation of her soft glossy lips against his.

“Brian,” she mumbled in between the kisses. “Remember,” she told him, breaking free from his mouth.

“They’re not supposed to suspect anything,” Jade reminded him.

Brian soon buried his face in the crook of her neck, groaning against her skin and tickling her, before he let go of her.

“I’m sorry, hot stuff. It’s harder than I thought,” he admitted, a cheeky grin twisting his lips.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled back. “I know it’s hard, but soon it’ll be worth it,” Jade promised him, placing her hand on top of his arm.

The sound of footstep soon emerged into their direction, immediately causing the two of them to break apart, as Brian returned to his beer that he had abandoned behind Jade’s back.

“Haner,” Val sighed. “Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you get to hit on every girl you come across,” she told his friend, just as Matt chuckled.

“Do you guys seriously think I have that bad taste?” Brian narrowed his eyes. “No offense, Jade,” he muttered nonchalantly to the brunette.

“None taken,” she insured him, rolling her eyes at his behaviour.

“Here’s the ice, sweet, and let me know if you want anything else!” Valary said to Jade, eyeing Brian from the corner of her eye, as he left with Matt.

“Thanks, Val,” Jade smiled, before she grabbed her coke and went inside the living room, joining Michelle and the others.

The next hour went by quickly, as the brunette watched meanwhile Jimmy started pressing the white filter around his weed, preparing his second joint for the night. Zacky and Matt were fooling around, telling Michelle how Brian had managed to fuck up on their practice, meanwhile Johnny was busy bonding with Valary.

Jade took a swig from her coke, before she felt her phone buzzing on top of the coffee table. She quickly snatched it and unlocked her screen, her eyes glancing at the message, as a smile stroke her face.

'Babe, I’m SO sorry about the comment in the kitchen. U know I think ur the hottest person;-) Meet me upstairs in five.'

The brunette shook her head, not believing how adorable he was acting, as she typed back quickly and finished off her coke.

“Michelle, where’s the bathroom?” Jade asked, interrupting Zacky’s story time.

“Oh, it’s upstairs! Just follow the hall!” Michelle explained to her friend, a cheek smile curving her lips, before she returned her attention to Zacky and Matt.

Jade soon excused herself, grabbing her phone and then walking towards the stairs. She hadn’t seen Brian for a while, and she hoped that no one was assuming anything, as she started climbing the stairs. She could soon hear the same buzzing from her phone, as Brian had just messaged her again, this time giving her navigations to follow.

“There you are,” Brian smirked. He was sitting on top of a bed, his palms buried on top of the sheets.

“I got your message,” she told him, walking towards him, meanwhile he slowly got up from the bed and accepted her into his embrace.

“I’m so sorry, Jade,” Brian started, once again making her smile, as she walked into his embrace and laced her arms around his neck.

“Brian, don’t think about it,” she told him, glancing into his dark eyes. “You’re just doing what you have to do in order to keep this between the two of us,”

“You still haven’t thought about how you wanna tell the others?” he asked, running his fingers through her hair and brushing a stray of hair behind her earlobe.

“No,” she sighed, feeling his hand that was placed unto her lower back. “I’m just worried about Michelle. I have no idea how to tell her,” Jade mumbled.

“Tell me what?” a crack in the door caught their attention, as the brunette looked petrified at the door, finding Michelle who had her arms crossed over her chest. “What do you need to tell me, Jade?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Since you guys have been so incredibly amazing and left way more comments than I expected during the last days, I've decided that I'm just gonna post this chapter right away.

Brian's so cute! But omg, Michelle knows! How will she react? Is everything ruined between Jade and Michelle now?

2 comments = next update!