Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Stupid

Jade listened to the sound of her loafers as she climbed the stairs, her eyes searching for Brian, meanwhile she slipped through the door and looked around again. It was the place Michelle had shown her during her first days, and now Brian had told her that he wanted to meet her.

The redheaded girl was soon greeted by the sound of music, as she watched Brian’s back, his fingers rolling over the tangents on the piano. A smile curved her glossy lips as she looked at him. He looked so focused, with his back leaning over his the tangents and his eyes shut.

Jade dumped her bag unto the floor, sliding her arms around his neck and burying her face into his hair.

“Hello, beautiful,” Brian murmured, placing his hands on top of her arms and watching as she sat down.

“You wanted to talk,” Jade announced, her hand landing on his thigh, feeling his thigh through the fabric of his jeans.

“Right now I’d rather do this,” he drew closer to her, closing the space between the two of them as he brought her lips into a tenderly kiss.

The kiss didn’t last long, but it didn’t take long before their lips collided into each other again, this time not separating for a good while.

Brian’s hand gripped the fabric of her floral collared dress, and he soon pulled her unto his lips, feeling the way the redheaded beauty all but straddled him. Jade felt his tongue trace into her mouth, as she took the opportunity to bring it between her teeth and lightly biting down on it, bringing out a moan from his lips.

“Fuck,” Brian all but hissed against hers lips.

Jade’s back was facing the piano, and she could feel the tangents against her back, meanwhile her arms made their way around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Brian’s hand travelled upwards her bare thigh, feeling her soft and smooth skin against his eager fingertips, before he ducked under the hem of her dress, determined to go all the way.

As Jade felt his palms roam the inside of her thigh, she leaned back and looked at him, her forehead resting against his.

“Brian,” she mumbled, placing her index finger under his chin and making him look at her. “Not here.”

Brian stopped his hand and slowly pulled it out. He chewed on his bottom lip, mentally cursing to himself as he had no idea what was going on.

Why could he never get passed this stage?

“Is everything okay?” he asked, searching for her gaze.

“Yeah, of course,” she responded, kissing the tip of his nose and nuzzling it against hers. “You wanted to talk right?” Jade asked, glancing up at him from underneath her long lashes.

Brian started chewing on his bottom lip. He had wanted to talk to her. Ever since they hung out at Matt’s place, he had been thinking about the prom and how much he wanted to ask her out. It had convinced him to get his head out of his ass and just ask her out. However, now she was making him confused again. Was she falling for him at all? What if this was just a little crush and she was in for the fun of it?

Brian mentally slapped himself. Jade would never do that. She was so sweet and considerate.

“Bri, are you okay?” Jade voiced, placing her hand in the back of his neck, playing with his locks. “You’re acting weird,”

“I’m sorry. I just forgot that I gotta talk to Jimmy about something,” he muffled, his palms resting on her thighs, before he lifted her off his lap.

“W-what?” the redheaded girl stuttered, completely taken aback, as she watched Brian grab his messenger bag, slanging it over his shoulder and then leaving in a rush that left her with the idea that she had just done something wrong.

'Michy. Help. This is a real emergency.'

***

“Brian Elwin Haner Junior! I should really slap you right now!” Valary cried out, glaring at him, as she was convinced that nothing could embarrass this guy, considering what he had just confessed in front of her.

“Val, come on! You gotta understand!” Brian said to her, running his hand through his hair.

“Understand? You were supposed to ask her to prom! Not leave her like that!” the raven-haired girl all but sneered at him, not caring if anyone heard her, as the two of them were standing the hallway.

“But how can I ask her to fucking prom if I don’t know if she’s playing me or not?” he let out, gripping his hair with his fingers, obviously frustrated.

“This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard,” Val sighed, rubbing her fingertips against her temple. “God, Haner. You’ve really outdone yourself,” she shook her head.

“Come on, Val,” Brian said to her. “You gotta understand,”

“Understand what? That you were gonna ask her out for prom but chickened out because she didn’t wanna fuck you in an old classroom? Really?”

As Val said it, Brian realized how stupid it sounded. The two of them had agreed on from the beginning to take things slow, and he knew Jade had had a hard time making friends due to the fact that she was constantly moving around in the country.

He suddenly felt bad for abandoning her like had done. Jade was all new to this, she had even said it herself, and she was really making an effort in order to engage in his life-style. She had, so far in the relationship, done more in a month than Maddie did throughout their entire relationship.

God, you're so fucking stupid, Haner.

“How do I apologize?” he asked her, glancing over at Val, as they emerged from the building, Valary picking up a cigarette and placing it between her red lips.

“I would start by telling her that I’m a fucking jerk. A really stupid one too,” Val told him, still not pleased with the way he had handled it.

“Should I get her flowers?” he asked, fishing for his own package.

“Brian Haner asking his girlfriend to prom with a bouquet of flowers? How adorable,” Val snickered, nudging him forward, as he frowned at her.

“Shut up, DiBenedetto,” he said.

“I mean, she would probably faint if you did,” she mumbled, parting her lips and exhaling the scent of Marlboro. “She’s a true sweetheart,”

“She really is,” Brian agreed, flicking his cigarette with his finger. “And I fucked up,” he sighed.

“Big time, actually,” Val added. “It’s actually a little impressive. If Matt acted out on me, I would fucking murder him,” she sniggered.

“I can imagine,” Brian chuckled. “But I gotta be honest with her about this. I’ve been confused,” he said.

“Why? You’ve never had your head this far up in your ass, Haner. Why did you have to start acting like this with Jade?”

Brian groaned. He knew why he was acting out like this. He had tried to bury it underneath a lot of booze and chain-smoking, but he knew exactly what caused this outburst. He was falling in love with her. He was genuinely in love with Jade, and he had no idea how to wrap his head around this.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, not ready to say the truth out loud yet.

“Well, Haner. As much as I enjoy talking about your miserable love-life, I’m meeting Matt,” Val announced after she had checked her phone. “But seriously. Get your shit together, Bri,”

“Already on it, ma’am,” Brian promised, before the two friends parted, leaving Brian on the parking lot, as he dumped his bag into his passenger seat.

'Hey, sweet. I’m so sorry for leaving today. Wanna hang out tonight? ❤️'
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Ah, it's finally Friday! I feel as though nothing says Friday like a nice shower, my favourite facemask, homemade guacamole and Mexican food. It's been such a rough week, and now I'm so ready to just snuggle into my covers and chill out for some days. I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Btw, confession: I realized that people turn eighteen in their last year in high school, not nineteen ops. In Norway we turn nineteen during the last year, so I kinda confused myself lol.

This is pretty much just a filler, but no worries! I will load my draft this weekend, and I have lots of fun coming up! So please subscribe, recommend and comment! Y'all are lovely!

2 comments = next update