Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

My forgiveness

Her eyes opened as the sunlight beamed through her thin purple curtains. The redheaded girl shifted in her bed, feeling the warmth from the sheets, as well as the person laying next to her, who had his arm draped around her waist. Jade glanced over at Brian, noticing his heavy breath and face that had been almost buried in her locks.

The redhead then looked at the clock on her nightstand, realizing that she was still way ahead of the alarm she had settled for the two of them. She soon scooted closer to him, feeling his arm tighten around her waist, as his face drew closer to the back of her neck, his heavy breath tickling her skin.

Jade snuggled the sheets closer to her, enjoying the warmth that radiated from his body to hers, before she shut her eyes and treated herself with another good hour of sleep.

“Jade!” the sound of her mother’s voice rang through the door, causing the two teenagers to open their eyes and look at one another, panic hitting the two of them in the early morning.

Jade could soon hear the sound of her mother’s heels echoing through the hallway, as she instantly pushed Brian underneath her blankets, praying that her mother wouldn’t notice him, meanwhile she shut her eyes again and pretended that she hadn’t heard her.

“Good morning, sweetheart,” Mrs Perez called, as she opened the door as quietly as she could, a smile decorating her shimmering pink lips.

“Morning,” Jade yawned, rubbing her fingers into her eyes, as though she was trying to rub the sleep off her face.

“It’s a beautiful sunny day!” Esther announced, crossing the room and parting the curtains, as the strong light swept over the bedroom.

“You mean, just like every other normal day in Cali?” Jade glanced at her mother, who soon chuckled.

“Clever kid,” she muttered. “How was your study session yesterday? We really missed you at the dinner table, Olivia more than anyone!” Esther crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against her daughter’s closet, with no intention of leaving yet.

“It went well. I sent my notes to Michelle,” Jade said, her fingers still holding unto the sheets.

“How nice of you,” her mother smiled sweetly. “Your father and I have discussed, and you’re no longer grounded. Despite your little stunt, you’ve managed to behave well the last week, and therefore we think you deserve to earn your freedom,” she said.

“Oh,” Jade muffled. “That’s very kind,” she stated.

“But mark my words, Jade, you do not get to do things like that again,” Esther said sternly. “As long as you live under this roof, you ought to follow our rules, and dying your hair red is not one of them,” she pointed out.

“I’m sorry,” her daughter mumbled.

“I’ll let you get dressed. I’m leaving a bit earlier, so your father is making breakfast this time. There’s coffee downstairs,” she smiled, before the older brunette crossed the room and closed the door behind her.

A heavy sigh left Jade’s lips. If they only knew, she thought to herself, before Brian popped up from underneath the sheets.

“Coffee sounds like an excellent idea,” Brian murmured, his voice rusty and thick with sleep.

“Jerk,” she rolled her eyes, nudging him with her elbow, before she made her way out of the bed, the sheets leaving her body. “I’m gonna go and get dressed,” she told him, moving towards her closet.

“Feel free to change in here,” Brian sniggered, just as Jade threw a pillow at him.

“Careful now. Being the daughter of two chemists makes me really good at poisoning others. If you keep going I might just accidentally slip some methanol into your coffee, ” she warned him, making him chuckle, before she disappeared into the bathroom.

Brian rubbed his rigid fingertips into his temple, as he snatched his phone from the nightstand, a smile striking his lips as he saw Val’s text, the raven-haired girl wondering if Jade decided to slay him because of his behaviour.

'Guess who manned up and asked Jade 2 prom? That’s right. This fuckin’ guy right here;--)'

He ran a hand through his hair, before he glanced at himself in the mirror. Yesterday’s eyeliner had been smudged away from his waterline, and he soon grabbed his pants from the floor and slipped into them.

“You’re up,” Jade announced, returning in a purple floral top and a dark denim skirt with a pair of black flats on her feet. “Impressive,” she confessed, meanwhile she tied her hair into a bun and applied some lip balm.

“Well, if I wanna manage to stop by before school, I kinda had to,” Brian confessed groggily.

“Fair point,” she said, before she glanced at the clock on her white wall. “You know I’d love to have you over for breakfast…” she muttered, feeling genuinely bad for making him leave this early.

“It’s okay, Jade. I get to have my morning cigarette on my way home, so I’m satisfied,” he insured her, snickering, meanwhile the redheaded girl rolled her eyes.

“I’ll see you later,” she told him, kissing his cheek, as she watched him collect his belongings, before the two of them peeked out from the window, making sure her mother wasn’t outside examining her flowers again.

***

"Oh my God! You guys spent the night together?” Michelle beamed, her entire face glowing with happiness, meanwhile Jade could feel the heat crawl towards her cheeks.

“Well, yes, but not like that! We were just chilling,” she insured her friend, the two of them enjoying an earlier break before they would head in for English.

“But does your parents know?” Michelle cocked her eyebrows, knowing that Jade’s parents were a lot more conservative and strict than Brian’s.

“No. My mom actually came into the room this morning, but it didn’t look like she had the faintest idea that he was even there,” Jade muttered.

“Impressive. You guys are really good at hiding it,” the blonde complimented. “I assume they still don’t know about the two of you?”

“No, they don’t. It’s like I wanna tell them, but I have no idea how to do so. Brian’s parents were so relaxed and just genuinely happy for us. I’d wish my parents would be like that,” Jade sighed.

“I’m sure they’re just being overprotective because they care about you,” Michelle told her friend. “And they’ll come around, just like I did,” she smiled sweetly.

“I hope you’re right,” Jade uttered.

“Hello, guys!” Val announced, her lips twisting into a grin when she saw Jade. “And you! He got his shit together!” she squealed.

“He did!” Jade chuckled. “How did Matt ask you?” she asked, not having asked about this before.

“Oh, honey,” Valary sniggered. “He didn’t exactly ask me to prom,” she told her friend.

“Yeah, it was more like Val threatening him to do so,” Michelle giggled.

“You did what?" Jade’s dark eyes widened as she looked at Val, who only smiled cheekily at her.

“When you’ve been together for as many decades as Matt and I, you kinda get to do those things when it’s prom,” she shrugged. “But he stepped up his game after that though,” she admitted.

“How come?”

“We had amazing sex. Perhaps the longest I’ve ever had in my life,” Val muttered.

“That can’t have lasted long,” Zack sniggered, as he had noticed the three girls on his way to class.

“Oh, fuck off, Baker,” Val rolled her eyes at him. “I bet you can’t even get a date to prom,” she announced.

“I actually got one,” he half-snapped at the raven-haired girl.

"What?" Val failed to hide her surprise. “Who the hell would want to go to prom with you?”

“That’s a question we ask ourselves all the time,” Jason Berry insured her, as the brothers settled down with the girls.

“Fuck you lots!” Zack sneered at his friends.

“Yeah, fuck yall!” Jimmy barged. “What are we talking about?” the blue-eyed guy said, placing his hands on Zack’s shoulders.

“We were just talking about how insane it is that someone would want Baker as their date,” Matt Berry announced.

“Someone asked you out?” Jimmy all but shrieked. “What the fuck, man!”

“What? Mad that I’m way ahead of you?” Zack sniggered, chewing on his snakebite. “Or have you actually manned up and asked someone?”

Jimmy went all pink in his face, as he started cursing under his breath, going on about how he hadn’t had the time to let the girls throw themselves at him just yet.

“You should ask Olivia,” Jason suggested, followed by a loud snorting.

“That would be even worse than Ron Weasley asking Fleur Delacour!” Zack hovered with laughter.

“Fuck off, Baker!” Jimmy knitted his eyebrows at his friend, before he took off.

“Guys,” Michelle sighed, glancing at the people around the table.

“That was a bit rude, to be honest,” Jade stated. “I mean, Oli doesn’t even have a date yet,” she said.

“You don’t seriously believe that Jimmy could get her as his prom date, do you?” this time it was Matt Sanders who asked, his eyebrows high on his forehead.

“Why wouldn’t he? Jimmy’s the most adorable person in the world,” Jade mused.

“Do I have competition now?” Brian asked, his hands landing on top of her shoulders.

“Maybe,” the redhead shrugged, not able to resist the cheeky smile as Brian looked slightly offended.

“He’s never spoken to the girl, Jade!” Matt pointed out. “There’s no way in hell he’ll go to prom with her,”

“Do you wanna bet?” Jade looked over at the guy, who was currently playing with the silver ring in his bottom lip.

“What?” Matt seemed genuinely surprised, before he chuckled. “The fuck I will,” he sounded confident as he responded.

“Fine,” Jade smiled, as the bell rang, causing the group to gather their stuff.

She felt her hand brush passed Brian’s, as he united their fingers and pulled her closer to him.

“You don’t seriously believe Olivia’s gonna go out with Jim, do you?” he asked her, genuinely surprised that she thought otherwise, especially considering the fact it was her own cousin.

“Just watch and learn, Haner,” Jade sniggered. “You’d be surprised to know how good I am at this,” she told him.

Brian chuckled, his hand cupping the side of his face and his forehead resting against hers. “I’m glad I’m not the one betting against you,” he told her, his thumb brushing down to her bottom lip, where it rested for a brief moment.

“You should, because Sanders is going down,” Jade stated, before her boyfriend left a quick kiss on her lips and then excused himself as he had to leave for class.

'Oli. I’ve found a suitable favour u can do for me in order to earn my forgiveness.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

Aww, look! Brian and Jade are being all cute!!! I actually had lots of fun writing this chapter, and I also wanna give a s/o to @ivylyn for giving me one of the weirdest ideas of all - Olivia and Jimmy!! I don't even know if I can picture the two of them going together myself! Well, she hasn't said yes yet, though!

Thank you so much for great comments, yall are too good! ❤️ Please leave a comment, recommend and subscribe for the next chapter!

2 comments = next chapter!