Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

A deer caught in headlights

“God, you can’t be serious!” her cousin barked, her whiskey brown eyes completely in shock, as she looked over at Jade, hoping that she was about to pull an awful prank at her.

“I’ve already told you like ten times how serious I am about this,” Jade told her, her arms wrapped her books, meanwhile she looked over at Oli, her eyebrows high on her forehead.

“I can’t believe you’re making me do this,” Olivia half-sneered.

“Well, taking into consideration how you’ve been acting out against me, I think this is a very low-key punishment,” the redhead said rather thoughtfully. “Come on. You promised,” she reminded Olivia.

A sigh fell from the dark-haired girl’s lips, and she soon tugged a stray of black hair behind her earlobe and then braced herself for what was to come.

“A social suicide mission,” she said under her breath, meanwhile Jade only rolled her eyes at the girl.

“What was his name again? Jimmy?” Olivia asked, the thoughts browsing through her head, as Jade nudged her forward.

“Oli, come on,” she sighed. “You can do it,” she told her friend, watching as the girls drew closer to the little group of people who had occupied a table outside in the warm Cali weather.

Jade tried to held back the smile that wanted to strike her face, as her cousin walked over to the tall guy who so easily towered over her petite figure. Olivia cleared her throat, her dark eyes looking around, almost as though she had to make sure no one she cared about saw what was about to happen.

The girl braced herself, clenching her fists, before she swallowed her pride and called out for him.

“Jimmy?”

Jade watched eagerly as the raven-haired girl mouth his name in her mellow voice, Jimmy turning pale as he noticed the petite girl.

“Are you talking about me?” he half-stuttered, looking like a complete fool, meanwhile Olivia swallowed the urge to roll her eyes.

“I was just wondering if you’d like to go to prom with me?”

Jimmy looked like a deer caught in headlights, with his baby blue eyes widening in front of Olivia. His entire throat turned dry, and it genuinely looked as though he was about to faint if he tried to part his lips and answer the request.

Oh my God.

Even though Jade thought it looked quite adorable, she couldn’t help but choke back her laughter, trying not to break her façade, just as Val peeked her head towards Olivia.

“He’d love it!” she answered for him, realizing that their drummer had turned into a mute statue.

“Cool. I’ll see you around,” Olivia forced her rich lips into a smile, taking his breath away, before she turned to face Jade, her cheeks caught on fire.

“I need to go and reconsider this friendship,” she mumbled to her cousin as she passed her, Jade’s lips twisting into the most hysteric grin.

Silence fell over the table, and Jade almost felt like she had just walked into another attempt on the mannequin challenge.

“What the fuck just happened?” Zack let out, his pale face looking even whiter than usual.

“I don’t fucking believe it,” Johnny agreed, none of them exchanging looks.

“Jim, are you even alive?” Michelle poked his chest with her finger, almost scared that he had turned into a statue.

“This gotta be some awful prank,” Matt told himself, avoiding the way Jade snickered at him.

1 - 0, Sanders. Suck it up.

“Did she just ask me out?” Jimmy suddenly blurted, his face showing no emotions, as Michelle made him sit down, scared that he would hit the ground soon.

“She did, Jimbo! You’re going to prom with Olivia!” Jade cheered, bringing her arms around his neck and giving him a soft squeeze.

“You are un-fucking-beliveable!” Matt barged. “I don’t fucking buy it!”

“Oh, get a hold of yourself, Sanders. You lost. I won,” Jade smiled mischievously at the singer.

Matt looked at Val, searching for some empathy from his girlfriend, meanwhile she only chuckled at him.

“I can’t believe you lost,” Val shook her head.

“Okay, but Jade’s more diabolic than I thought!” Johnny insisted. “That’s gotta be it, right?” the freshman spoke, glancing around the table.

“She’s holding her cousin hostage!” Matt Berry agreed. “I can’t think of any other reason!”

“Y’all are being so dramatic,” Michelle chuckled at the guys. “She beat Matt, and Jimmy’s going to prom with Olivia Sanchez. This is happening,” she told all of them.

“I can’t fucking believe it. You’re nuts,” Brian told his girlfriend, slipping his arms around her waist and burying his lips in the crook of her neck. “Fucking insane,”

“I have my ways,” she chuckled, his goatee tickling her skin again. “I told you I would win,” she said to him, her lips searching for his.

“And I fucking underestimated you. Never again, love,” he promised, brushing his lips over her temple.

“Come on, let’s get to class,” she said to her boyfriend, bringing their hands together, as they went inside again, the smile remaining on her lips as they entered the school.

“How did you do it though?” Brian asked, watching as Jade unlocked her locker and left some of her books inside.

“That’s a secret I’ll never tell,” she quipped back, a cheeky smile twisting her lips.

“You’re driving me insane, Jade!” he groaned, genuinely curious about how she’d done this. “You’re outdoing yourself here,”

Jade only laughed, pecking his lips gently and then closing her locker behind her. “It wouldn’t be as satisfying if you guys knew,” she told him, both of them paddling towards their physics class.

Ah, the sensation of victory. What a great time to be alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg, I can't believe I actually wrote it!!!! I'd never thought I would consider a scenario like this, but after you guys mentioned it, I couldn't help myself!! Ah, Jimmy's so adorable though.

Thank you so much for great comments, y'all are amazing! Keep up the good work, because I've started scribbling down some things for the sequel, and it's gonna be lit as fuck! Please comment, recommend and subscribe - it would make scream!

2 comments = next chapter