Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Soft

Jade had borrowed one of Brian’s old jerseys, as the two of them soon reached the sand, making her pick up her flats and allow her bare feet to get buried in the sand. The couple walked hand in hand towards their friends, spotting the bonfire almost instantly, as they also caught the glimpse of Zack, who had an acoustic guitar resting in his lap.

“Oh, it’s that kinda bonfire,” Jade chuckled, as the two of them paddled towards their friends.

“Haner! Perez!” Jason announced, taking a swig from his cold beer.

He watched as the couple settled down, as Matt handed over a beer for his mate and a coke for his friend.

“And here I was, convinced that you guys were doing the nasty thing,” Baker shook his head, his hand holding unto the neck of his guitar.

“You guys seriously skipped a good fuck in order to hang out here?” Matt Berry asked, his eyebrows cocked at the lead-guitarist. “What the fuck, Syn! You’re growing soft!”

“Ey!” Brian snapped. “I’m not the guilty one. Blame it on her,” he nudged Jade, who only smiled cheekily back, bringing the coke up to her lips.

“I thought it would be fun to hang out with ya’ll,” Jade admitted, as Michelle mouthed an ‘aw’, before wrapping her arms around her best friend’s shoulders.

“That’s so cute,” the blonde voiced.

“Yeah, really. If only Brian was that cute,” Zack shook his head, earning himself a nice view of Brian’s middle finger.

“Fuck off,” the guitarist told his friend. “It’s not too late to change your mind, Jade,” he told his girlfriend.

Jade only rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, deciding to stay out of this war, as she turned to Johnny, Val and Michelle.

“So, did you guys sleep together?” Michelle whispered, playing with her blonde locks, and watching as Jade pursed her lips and nodded.

“We did,” she confirmed.

“I’m so glad you guys waited. It’s very impressive that Brian managed to do so, taking into consideration the reputation he’s had over the last few years,” she explained.

“Yeah, so I’ve heard. But I’m glad we waited too. Our relationship has grown a lot lately, and I just feel really appreciated and taken care of,” Jade confessed. “He does everything in order to please me,”

“Even when it means spending my evening with fucking Zack Baker,” Brian joined he conversation, ignoring the way Zack was frowning at him.

“Babe,” Jade giggled, patting his back.

Zack brought his rigid fingertips over the strings of his guitar, creating a cosy atmosphere around the bonfire, as everyone fell into a rather relaxed position. Matt had his head resting in Val’s lap, her hands massaging his shoulders. Michelle and Johnny were both cuddled up, and Jade had placed herself between Brian’s legs, leaning back into his chest. Jimmy looked as though he could asleep any time, his hand resting at the lower part of his stomach with his fingers hooked around a can of beer, and the Berrys were just humming along to whatever Zack was playing.

“This is cosy,” Jade muttered to Brian, glancing up at him, as he chuckled.

“It is. I’ll give you that,” he told her, running his index finger down her temple and brushing away some of the red hair.

“Jade, you should play some for us!” Michelle suggested, taken everyone by surprise as the guys looked over at the redhead.

“You play?” Matt mouthed, genuinely surprised.

“What the fuck, Syn! How come you never tell us!” Jimmy suddenly looked as though he was wide awake again, his baby blue eyes staring wickedly at the couple.

“I knew you could play piano, but guitar too?” Val blurted.

“What? You play that too?” Johnny quipped.

“I don’t really play them anymore,” Jade confessed, chuckling rather nervously, as Zack handed her the guitar, determined to hear her play something.

“Bullshit!” Michelle announced. “You playd piano for me a little while ago. Didn’t Brian hear that?” the blonde asked, this time glancing over at Brian.

“What? You’ve been into this girl for a longer time?” Matt Berry voiced.

“I knew you had a soft spot for her!” Jimmy grinned wickledly. “Sullivan is always right,” he told his friends.

“Yeah, right,” Brian muttered dryly, watching as Jade took the guitar into her hands and exanimated it for some time.

It had in fact been a long time since last time she picked up a guitar. She was given her first guitar when she was eight, and had been taught by her grandfather, who had passed away over the summer. Jade hadn’t really played since that, considering it had been their activity to do every time she went to Mexico to visit him.

The redheaded girl placed her fingers at the neck of the guitar, feeling the sensation of strings against her soft fingertips, reminded of how rigid it all felt. She could feel the guys eye every movement she made, meanwhile she swept her fingers over the strings, not quite sure where she was going with this.

“What the hell?” Zack mouthed under his breath, watching as the girl worked her way with the strings.

She chuckled when she skipped a chore, realizing that it had been a little too while since last time she did this. She was not entirely sure what to play for them, and had therefore decided to go with a little Celia Cruz, knowing that her grandfather had adored the woman throughout his life.

“Shit, that was brilliant!” Jason pipped from his seat, his eyes still wide and filled with shock.

“Yeah, what the living fuck! You’re fucking great!” his brother agreed.

“Thanks,” she chuckled. “It’s been a little while since last time,” she announced. “I’m better with the piano,” she insured the guys.

“Well, then you gotta play that for us too some time,” Zack said to her. “Perhaps you could replace Haner?” he voiced thoughtfully.

“Oh, fuck off!” Brian sneered. “There’s no one as good as I am,” he stated.

“Yeah, right,” Matt rolled his eyes. “Your girl kinda just proved that it is,”

“Relax, Haner. I would never steal your spotlight,” she insured her boyfriend, kissing the side of his jaw.

“That’s a relief,” the lead-guitarist chuckled, nuzzling himself into the top of her head.

“God, I’ve never seen Syn like this. It’s kinda gross,” Johnny chuckled to Michelle.

“Yeah. Jade, you gotta stop whatever you’re doing! He’s turning soft!” Jimmy argued.

“I mean, unless you wanna step in for him then I guess it’s okay,” Zack mouthed lowly, still teasing his friend with the idea of replacing him with his girlfriend.

“But seriously, Jade. You should jam with us sometime,” Matt spoke in all seriousness. “I’m kinda offended Syn hasn’t introduced us to this before,” he said, eyeing his friend.

“Yeah, fuck you!” Jimmy agreed. “And I’d love to play with you, sweet,” he told Jade.

The redhead giggled at how adorable they were all acting. The guys really acted like brothers, and it was so fascinating to see, never mind be a part of.

“I’ve never played guitar in front of Bri, so that’s kinda why he hasn’t told you,” she admitted. “I don’t really play anymore, but I’d love to see you guys shred it out sometime,” Jade smiled sweetly at the vocalist.

“But why? You’re awesome!” Johnny argued. “You shouldn’t stop playing music,”

“Yeah, why did you stop? You’re really good,” Michelle quipped from her seat.

Jade shrugged at them. “I used to play guitar when I was visiting my grandfather in Mexico. He was a really talented and passionate musician in his hometown, but after he passed away, I haven’t really played much,” she told them.

“Ah, that sucks,” Jason voiced. “I’m sorry to hear that,”

“Yeah, shit. I be he’d love to watch you continue playing though,” Valary voiced.

“Totally! Especially when you’re this good at it,” Matt Berry said.

“We’ll see. I do have fun when I play, so just invite me out sometime,” she told the guys, feeling Brian’s hands on her shoulders.

“That’s a fucking plan right there!” Jimmy spoke, his other band mates agreeing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for all the comments on the last chapter! You guys are so precious! xx

I love the dynamic between the guys, and I really enjoyed writing this chapter as well. Hope you like it! Please leave a comment and remember to subscribe and recommend!

2 comments = next chapter!