Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Care

Brian was looking over at the huge house he had visited so many times by now. The guy had managed to drown the urge to smoke all the way to her house, and had even bothered to clean off yesterday’s eyeliner.

“Are you ready?” Matt asked, his hands gripping the wheel tightly.

“Not at all,” the guitarist said.

“Oh, fuck off, Gates! You’re supposed to tell us that you were fucking born ready!” Jimmy shrieked from the backseat. “You got this!”

Brian cleared his dry throat, before he went to unbuckle his seatbelt. His teeth sunk into his bottom lip, as he said his goodbyes and climbed out of Matt’s vehicle. He had no idea how this was going to turn out, as he paddled up the patio, feeling his heart beat harder by each step he took.

Is it too late to turn around and leave?

Just as he said it, he was greeted by Jade’s mother, who had been inspecting her garden, an activity she did a lot, according to Jade.

“What are you doing here?” Esther asked, her hands resting on her hips and her eyes narrowing at the boy.

Shit.

It felt as though he had forgotten how to speak, as he just stared blankly at the older woman, not quite sure how to react.

“Well? Are you gonna say something at all?” Mrs Perez retorted. “I’m talking to you, Brian!”

“Yes!” he barged, his voice appearing a lot louder than he intended to. “I mean… yes, I wanna speak with you. Is your husband home?” he asked.

“Unlike our daughter, he is,” she said dryly. “Come on in,” Esther didn’t seem to happy to welcome the raven-haired punk into her home, but she swallowed her pride and lead him inside the kitchen.

“Javier! Darling, can you come down for a minute?” Mrs Perez called, waiting for her husband to arrive from his office.

Brian shoved his hands into his jeans. He had never felt so clean and stripped down before. He had left his fedora at home and had made sure to wash his hair for the occasion. He was dressed in a button up shirt and a pair of jeans he had borrowed from Brent, considering he didn’t own jeans that weren’t torn apart.

“What is it, honey?” Mr Perez asked, before his dark eyes widened. “Oh, Brian Haner,” he cleared his throat. “To what do we owe the pleasure?”

Brian wanted to cringe. It was so obvious that her parents didn’t want him in their house or in their daughter’s life. He had to bite back the urge to roll his eyes, as the three of them made their way into their living room.

Their house was massive, and the living room was no exception. The floor was made of dark wooden tree, and in the middle of the living room was a grey soft carpet, matching the armchairs that were placed across from the couch.

“So, what really brings you here?” Esther said. Both she and her husband had settled down in each armchair, both of them glancing over at the young guitarist, who was sitting the middle of their couch.

“I wanted to talk to you about Jade,” he confessed, lacing his hands together in his lap.

“How is she doing? We haven’t seen her in a while,” her mother dropped dryly, making Brian even more uncomfortable.

“Honey,” Javier was gripping his wife’s hand tightly. “Why are you really here, Brian?”

Oh boy. Here we go.

“I know you both don’t really think much of me,” he started, inhaling another sharp breath. “But I’m really in love with your daughter, and I would do literally everything for her,”

“The two of you talk about love as though you know what it means. You are both very young, Brian,” her father spoke, looking at the young boy. “We care about our daughter a lot. She’s the greatest gift God has ever given to us, and we have to make sure she chooses right,”

“I know we’re really young, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be in love. Jade likes me a lot, and I care about her so much. I want her to succeed in life, and I know she will, because she’s the most hardworking person I know of, a trait I know she’s gotten from you guys,” Brian urged.

“What are you getting at?” Esther narrowed her eyes as she looked at Brian.

“I’m in love with Jade, and she’s in love with me, despite how much you try to convince us that we can’t feel the way we do. I know you guys care about your daughter, so please just let her have this. I would never ask you guys to accept this if I didn’t believe it would last,” he went on. “But I do believe in us, and I know she would appreciate the support from you guys, because she respects you so much,”

“You do really care about her, don’t you?” this time it was her father who spoke.

Brian only nodded. “I do, very much,” he confirmed.

The older man looked up at his wife, almost as though he was sold by Brian’s words. He then mumbled something in Spanish to his wife, which Brian didn’t understand, making him even more nervous. He had picked up enough swear words from Spanish class to know if they were talking poorly of him, and so far that didn’t seem to be the case.

Esther seemed to hesitate, before she laced her hands and sighed heavily.

“We believe you, Brian,” Mrs Perez announced. “You do care about our daughter,”

What the hell?

“Thanks,” Brian mumbled, not quite able to grasp what had just appeared out of her lips.

“And we’d like you to continue to see her if that’s what she truly wants,” her father continued.

“Seriously?” Brian just blurted, not able to hold it back this time.

Javier chuckled, nodding his head. “Jade’s right. She’s sacrificed a lot for this family. Now it’s time we do the same,”

“Thank you so much, Mrs and Mr Perez,” the guy said, as he got to his feet, still not able to understand what had just happened.

“Oh please, you make us sound so old!” Mrs Perez said. “Call us Esther and Javier,” she smiled, this time looking genuine.

“That’s noted,” Brian sniggered.

“And tell Jade that we’re eating dinner at six o’clock. The four of us,” she added.

“I’ll let her know,” he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Living room

Omg, look!!!!! Our special boy did!! I'm sorry this chapter is a bit short, but I kinda justified it due to what really happened now. I also gotta say that I think this story is drawing closer to an end, but no worries! I'm writing a sequel, and I already have some chapters written for yall!

Please comment, subscribe and recommend for the next chapter! You guys are the best!

2 comments = next chapter!