Sequel: Make You Feel My Love
Status: 2 comments = update

Love on the Brain

Missed you

Brian could feel the lump in his throat grow bigger by each step he took. His breath was heavy and his jaw clenched. Every muscle in his body were worked up, and butterflies fluttered in his stomach.

Fuck, I'm nervous.

Nearly a week had gone by since the argument, and now the young guitarist had realized that he had to get his shit together. Life without Jade was no life at all, and now he’d realize how terribly he’d hurt her.

It was the end of the day, and the hall was still occupied by students that were about to make their way out of the school. The dark-haired guitarist spotted his girlfriend by her locker. She was dressed in a lace bustier bralette that was almost provocative deep, and the end of her top didn’t meet the waistband of her mini denim skirt. She had her purple fold-over clutch slung over her shoulder, and she was currently collecting books, with Michelle by her side.

Just do it, Haner. Just fucking do it.

He walked over to her locker, his stomach twisting to the point where he was convinced that he would throw up if he stepped closer. Michelle soon noticed his appearance, as she cleared her throat in a way that signalized to Jade that she had to look over her shoulder.

Her dark eyes glanced over at Brian. It suddenly felt as though her breath had been beaten out of her, and she swallowed hard.

“Can we talk?” Brian asked, while scratching the back of his head.

Jade could tell he was uncomfortable, and she soon shoved the last book into her locker, nodding shyly.

“Call me if you need anything, sweet,” Michelle said to her friend, pecking her cheek, before she took off, not even looking over at Brian.

The two of them walked out of the building, both of them quiet as they listened to the sound of their feet hitting the pavement. Brian could easily tell that they were uncomfortable and unsure how to start this conversation. He had never really talked about an argument with a girlfriend before. When he had been together with Maddie, they would ignore each other and then make up by having rough sex. That had always been his way of getting it out of his system.

However now he had realized that he had genuinely hurt Jade. The person he liked the most and cared so much about, was the same person he’d manage to harm, and that really killed him.

He watched as she sat down, trying to not make herself too comfortable, as she had no idea if she would end up storming off again. Brian sat down across from her, lacing his fingers together and clearing his throat again.

“I’m a fucking jerk, right?” he all but blurted out.

Jade cocked her eyebrows at him, somewhat unsure how to answer his question.

“Oh, come on, Jade. Just say it. I am a fucking prick,” Brian told her.

“You might have been a little tough on me,” she voiced in that velvet tone of hers.

“Babe..” Brian shook his head, rubbing his fingers against his temple. “I’m so fucking sorry for lashing out on you. I had no right to do such thing, and you should’ve slapped me right away,” he confessed out loud.

“Brian,” Jade sighed. “I understand that you’re furious and scared. I’m petrified by this. I don’t even want to leave, but I can’t organize my life around you,” she whimpered.

“I know, sweet, believe me. I was so wrong and gross for demanding that you would do that,” he agreed. “Which is a fucking shame, because one of the things I love about you is the fact that you’re so ambitious and strong. You work so damned hard for everything, and the fact that you don’t wanna become a fucking trophy girl is one of the biggest turn ons with you, Jade,”

Jade could feel heat creeping towards her cheeks, meanwhile tears also filled her eyes.

“Gosh, I’m so sappy,” she half-chuckled, before she went to brush away a tear from the corner of her eye.

“I’m so fucking sorry, babe,” Brian whispered, barely able to look at her when she cried.

“I know,” Jade whimpered to him. “But I understand why you reacted that way. A lot of things are about to change, and it’s scary,” she shrugged.

“But that doesn’t make it okay to take it out on you. We should face it together, as the couple we are,” he swept his hand over the table and laced it with hers, loving the sensation of her fingers in his palm.

“Yes,” she nodded slowly, using her free hand to brush away more tears.

“Please don’t cry,” Brian urged. “You’ll make me cry,” the guitarist announced honestly.

“Where do we go from here?” Jade asked him, looking at their hands that looked as though they were made for each other.

“Fuck the future,” he grumbled. “We don’t have to think about that now. We’ll take one thing at a time, and sort it out when we have to,” he suggested.

“I’d really like that,” she agreed.

Brian nodded, before he got to his feet and rounded the corner. He all but lifted her body up from the seat, placing her on top of the table and making his way between her thighs.

“Fuck, I’ve missed you so much,” Brian groaned under his breath, meanwhile he brought his hands around her body and felt her against his broad chest.

Their lips soon made their way against each other, as Brian placed his palms on her lower back, adoring the sensation of her bare lower back, as well as the feeling of her back that arched into his touch.

“Me too,” Jade whispered against his lips, her sweet breath tickling his mouth, before they united again.

“What if,” Brian spoke after their lips had been pressed against each other for some time. “We go back to my place?” he suggested, knowing that she couldn’t resist an option like that.

“I’d love to,” Jade smirked, knowing exactly what was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade's outfit

I know this isn't the longest chapter, but HELLOOOO Brian's so cute! I tried to write this chapter based on his P.O.V, so I hope that worked and that you liked this one! There aren't many chapters left to go, so stay tuned for whatever I have for you!

Also - thank you so much for everyone who has been commenting frequently since the beginning of this story. You know who you are, and please know that I appreciate you guys SO much!

2 comments = next chapter!