Call It What You Want

Engaged

Aria smiled as she looked around for her father and his girlfriend,she couldn't wait to tell them her exciting news, It had been coming for months, but she was still taken by surprise by last night, she hadn't expected David to propose, she actually thought he was planning to purpose on their second year anniversary, which wasn't for another six months. Even though it happened quicker than she thought, Aria was really happy and couldn't wait to marry David. Their relationship had moved rather quickly, within the first few months, they had moved together, so this engagement news should not be totally surprising to her father.

Finally spotting her father by the window table, she made her way over to him, the smile not falling from her face, she just hoped they would just be as happy with her decision.

" You are late"

Aria rolled her eyes playfully at her father " Only by ten minutes" she replied with a smile " Traffic was really bad today"she added, pulling out her chair and sat down.

Henry stared at his daughter, she had been through her share of heartbreak over the years, but over the last year and a half Aria had never looked happier and he knew who that was down too, David.

" I think there is a game on later today" Camilla said, taking a sip of her iced tea.

Aria forced a smile on her face, she hadn't been to a football game in five years and she had missed it very much, since she was a kid she had always gone to a Real Madrid game, but since what happened with him, she hadn't been to a single game one and she sort of resented him for it.

" Oh" Aria replied, as she glanced down at the menu, hoping that the conversation wouldn't turn to him.

Henry spotted the uncomfortable look on Aria's face and knew she was still dealing with what happened years ago.

" Don't you miss going to games?" Camilla asked, she had only been dating Henry a year and only got a little story why Aria never went to games anymore.

Aria sighed a little, shrugging her shoulder " I guess I miss it a little" she admitted.

Henry shot his girlfriend a warning look, he didn't want Aria to even think about that footballer today, he just wanted a nice lunch. " So you said you have exciting news to tell us" he said, changing the subject and with that the tension around the table eased up a little.

A soft smile crossed Aria's face " Yeah I do" she replied, before she ordered herself a drink.

" Do you want to share?" Henry asked.

Aria waited until the waitress left the table before she looked towards her father " David proposed to me last night" she replied, holding her hand up to show her father the ring.

Surprise flickered across Henry's face, he liked David but he never thought for one moment that Aria would marry him, she had always seemed against marrying again after what happened to her first marriage.

" Are you sure you are ready?" Henry asked, not wanting to upset his daughter " I mean you guys have only been together a short while" he added.

Aria frowned a little " We have been together a year and a half" she pointed out.

" I just think its all moving too fast" Henry responded.

Leaning back in her chair Aria had expected her father to be happy for her, but it clear he was anything but happy at the news " I am happy papa surely that should be the only thing that matters" she replied quietly.

" Are you really happy Aria?" Henry prodded gently " You put on a brave face, but I don't think you have been truly happy since him" he added. " I just want you to be really sure this time, I don't want you to make the same mistakes again" he sighed.

Aria stared at her father, not sure how to respond to what he said " I can't keep letting the past dictate my life papa" she said. " In this moment I am happy and that is all that should matter to you" she added firmly.

" How can you marry David when you are still married to him" Henry pointed out.

Aria stared out of the window, she was only still married to him, because he refused to grant her a divorce this time, " I am planning to go and see him, he is happy in a relationship now, he has to agree to a divorce" she muttered.

" Aria you can barely stand to be in the same room with him, remember the last time you went to ask him for a divorce?" Henry reminded his daughter.

Aria thought back to that night, it had been almost three years ago, she had gone to see Cristiano, thinking he would agree to a divorce as he was so happy with Irina, but the shock of her suddenly turning up at his door, turned into anger rather quickly and they ended up in a massive fight and nothing got solved as she stormed out his house, refusing to speak to him ever again.

" Well this time is different, we are both in happy relationships, this time I won't back down" Aria replied firmly.

Henry shook his head softly " Why don't you get your lawyers to deal with it?" he asked, not wanting Cristiano to worm his way back into Aria's life, it had taken a long time for Aria to be okay after what Cristiano done and he didn't want her to get hurt again.

" He just sends the papers back unsigned" Aria sighed, as she took a sip of her orange juice.

Camilla who had been sitting back in her chair listening to Henry and Aria spoke up " Who is this guy you speak of?" she asked, a little curiously.

" Nobody important" Aria insisted.

Henry just stared at Aria " Have you told David about him?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

" David doesn't need to know" Aria replied, " He is out of town for the next two weeks, so I have two weeks to sort this divorce out" she added.

Henry scoffed softly " If you think its going be that easy then you are delusional, he has played hardball with you for five years, unless he has had a complete personality transplant, I don't think anything will change" he ranted.

" Can't you just be happy for me Papa?" Aria asked, " I am happy and would love your blessing, you hated my first husband, I don't want you to hate my second" she sighed

Henry smiled a little " If you are happy then I guess so am I" he replied " I just want you to be careful where that idiot is concerned" he added.

" Thank you papa" Aria smiled, glad that she had her father's support and blessing, now the most difficult thing was to get Cristiano to agree to officially end their marriage. He seemed happy with his latest girlfriend, so she just hoped that she got him in a good mood and he would finally let them both move on.

***

Later that night Aria poured herself a glass of wine, she made her way through to the bedroom, planning to settle down and watch a film, David was away out of town for a couple of weeks, once he was back she would be leaving the flat she had lived in since she had left Cristiano all those years ago, she would miss living here, it was her favorite place to live, but she knew it was time to move on, she deserved to be happy, something she hadn't been for years.

Placing her glass of wine down on the bedside table, she walked over to her wardrobe and reach up to pull a couple of boxes down from the highest shelf, she stumbled a little but managed to get the boxes down. She hadn't looked in these boxes in years the memories to painful, but know she was marrying again, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much now. Pulling the lid of the box, she picked up some photos, most of them were filled with her and Cristiano, their hands around each other with big smiles on their faces. She smiled sadly at the pictures, she looked so happy and in love in those pictures.

Staring at the picture of her and Cristiano for a minute longer, she sighed before she placed the picture on the floor, beside the rest of the happy memories. She paused when she spotted scan picture, It was taken at 13 weeks, they had been so happy to learn they were going to be parents, little did they know that three weeks after that scan picture they would lose their baby. No one was to blame it was just one of those things. After that miscarriage they had gone onto suffer four more. it was after the fifth miscarriage that Aria decided that enough was enough and she didn't want to try again.

It was that decision that pushed a wedge between herself and Cristiano, he started staying out late, never coming home when he said he would. She knew where he was going and who with but chose to ignore it, as she loved him and didn't want to fail at Marriage, like she had failed at carrying their child. He may not have blamed her for all this miscarriages but she blamed herself for every single one and ultimately it costed her marriage.

Shaking her head, Aria put the scan picture and photos back into the box, she couldn't relive the past, she had spent the last five years blocking out everything, she couldn't allow herself to even think about what happened between them, they had both moved on, it was time to leave the past in the past.

***

" Oh my god you are engaged" Emily shrieked happily.

Aria laughed lightly as she hugged her friend " I am" she smiled.

Emily pulled back a little " Does your family know?" she asked, knowing they would probably be a little concerned after what happened five years ago with Cristiano.

" They do, most of them are happy for me, but I guess they are a little worried" Aria shrugged, a couple of days had past since she had told her family and now it was time to tell her friends.

Emily smiled gently at Aria as she took her seat " So why have we come to a football game after five years?" she asked, a guarded look on her face.

" I need to talk to him" Aria answered, as she glanced down at the pitch where the players were warming up.

Emily followed Aria's gaze, she frowned a little " Don't you think a football game is the wrong place to talk?" she asked.

" I could go to his home, but then it just brings back memories I would rather do this here and get it over with" Aria replied, with a small smile.

A loud cheer from the crowd made Aria focus on the game, she had missed the rush of being at the game, she missed watching Madrid.

" I just want you to be careful" Emily mumbled, not sure if Aria was ready to deal with Cristiano again.

Aria laughed a little " Em, he can't hurt me I am over him, have been for years" she replied " I am in love with David, he is my future, I just need to sort a few things out with Cristiano" she added.

Emily wasn't sure if she believed Aria when she said she was done with Cristiano, she had been there when Aria first fell in love with Cristiano and that kind of love doesn't just disappear even after the years they had spent apart. Aria's and Cristiano love had been epic and until their issues with conceiving they had been pretty much the perfect couple. Everyone always thought they would be each others end game.

" Just be careful" Emily warned again.

Aria just nodded her head, as she focused back on the game, her eyes kept drifting to Cristiano, he score one goal, then another, each time pointing up at his family, she used to love him pointing up at her, now that was reserved for someone else. Shaking her head, she looked away from Cristiano knowing coming to the game was a bad idea, as it would bring back emotions she didn't want to feel but she had to do this, she couldn't keep avoiding him, it was time to officially end their marriage.

***

Aria leaned against the wall, she was feeling a little nervous it had been almost three years since she had last saw Cristiano, so she wasn't sure what Cristiano she was going to get. The locker room opened and Sergio Ramos walked out, his eyes widened a little as he spotted Aria, he walked towards her, surprised to see her here.

" Aria" Sergio greeted with a smile.

Aria smiled warmly at Sergio " Hey" she replied with a weak smile.

" Does Cristiano know you are here?" Sergio asked, a unsure smile on his face.

Aria slowly shook her head " No, but I really need to speak to him" she answered, ignoring Emily rolling her eyes beside her.

" Aria I am not sure he will want to talk to you" Sergio said firmly, they had all picked sides when Aria and Cristiano had broken up something he slightly regretted now, as Aria was once a good friend to him. " His family and girlfriend are here" he added.

" I know that, but I only need five minutes of his time" Aria replied.

Sergio stared doubtfully at Aria not sure if anything good would come out of Aria and Cristiano talking to each other, they had successfully avoided each other for years. " I will go and get him, but promise me you won't make a scene" he urged.

" I promise" Aria smiled.

Sergio still had that doubtful look on his face, but he headed back into the locker room, there was no going back now,she needed to do this.

Emily watched Aria closely " You're sure about this?" she asked.

" Yes" Aria replied firmly as the locker door opened again.

Aria slowly looked up at the face she had once loved, the familiar feeling at the pit of her stomach was back she bit on her lip trying to find words to say to the man she hadn't seen in the last few years.

" We need to talk" Aria blurted out.

Cristiano stared coldly at Aria, not sure what to make of her, he hadn't heard from her in years and now suddenly she turns up demanding to talk, he should have told her to get lost, but he couldn't.

" Not here, I will meet you back at my house" Cristiano replied " You still know where I live right?" he said with a mocking smile.

Aria just nodded her head, she didn't want to go back to his house, but she knew they couldn't have this conversation right here.

" You will come alone" Cristiano added, as he glanced at Emily.

Aria opened her mouth to argue but what would be the point he always got his way " Great I will see you in around hour" she retorted before she walked away from him without waiting for an answer.

Cristiano watched as Aria walked away from him, he couldn't believe that she had turned up to the game demanding to talk to him, after years of silence now she wanted to talk, he knew she wanted a divorce and that was probably why she wanted to see him, but he wasn't going to make it that easy for her, she never made it easy for him.