Status: Complete

I Choose You

1/1

Making her way through the dark corridors of the abandoned building, Callie approached the stairs that would take her down into the basement and slowly descended them. Tightening her grip slightly on the gun in her hand, she flinched as a pained cry cut through the air and took cover as she heard footsteps coming towards her.

Holding her breath as Gerard Argent walked passed, Callie slipped from her hiding place and snuck in the direction that he had come from. Finding Derek suspended from the ceiling, Callie rushed forward and immediately cut him down.

“Callie?” Derek mumbled as she lowered him carefully to the ground.

“Can you walk?” Callie asked, earning a nod as she untied the rope that was wrapped tightly around his wrists and watched as the skin healed in front of her eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Derek added as Callie helped him to his feet, supporting him as much as she could and guiding him to the upper floors, “Are you going to answer me?”

“I thought it was pretty obvious,” Callie whispered, knowing that he could hear her clearly, “You were in danger, so your betas and I came to help you…”

“Why?”

“For one, your betas are like lost puppy dogs when you’re not around and two… you’re pack.”

“Scott refused to join me though.”

“Scott doesn’t speak for all of us,” Callie snapped, spotting Isaac and Erica waiting as they exited the building, “I may be human and I know that the whole pack thing doesn’t really apply to us, but if I had the choice of who my alpha was… I would choose you every time.”

Knowing that their escape had been way too easy, Callie wasn’t surprised to find Gerard and a small group of his men blocking the road that would take them back to Beacon Hills. Instructing the wolves to stay in the car, Callie loaded her pistol and climbed out to face them.

“Well, well, well… if it isn’t Callie Shaw,” Gerard said with a smirk, “Let’s not make this complicated, hand over the alpha and the other mutts will be free to leave with you.”

“That’s not going to happen,” Callie told the man confidently.

“Tell me, why are you protecting him?”

“My reasons are my own.”

“Do you want to hear what I think?” Gerard asked, stepping forward and circling Callie as he spoke, “I think that you have a stupid teenage crush on Hale and that you will do anything for him to actually notice you, instead of seeing you as just another incompetent human.”

“My feelings are nothing to do with you,” Callie replied, knowing that the wolves inside the car could hear every word she was saying, “You have no idea how I feel, but maybe you’re right about one thing… maybe I am partly out here tonight to prove myself.”

“Your mother must be so disappointed in you,” Gerard added, “You had so much potential… I often said that you would be even more ruthless than your parents, but you threw it all away in favour of defending the animals that we hunt.”

“My parents were good people,” Callie snapped, glaring at Gerard and tightening her grip on the gun in her hand, “They were ruthless when they had to be, but they taught me that not all werewolves are monsters and not all hunters are good.”

Watching as another black SUV pulled up, Callie tensed but instantly relaxed as Chris and his daughter Allison climbed out.

“What’s going on here?” Chris inquired, moving to stand with Callie and looking at his father for an answer.

“The girl has something that belongs to me and I want it back,” Gerard replied heatedly, staring at his son, “The animal that she is harbouring is dangerous.”

“Callie, go… I’ll deal with my father,” Chris ordered, turning to the men still blocking the road, “Move out of the way, or I will be forced to get the sheriff involved.

Watching as the men cleared the road, Callie climbed into her car and pulled away. Pulling up outside the building where Derek’s loft was, Callie followed the wolves inside and wasn’t at all surprised when she found everyone else waiting for them. Heading into the kitchen to make herself a drink, Callie looked down at her hands and realised that she was shaking.

“Are you okay?” came Derek’s voice from behind her, making her jump and spin around.

“I’m fine,” she mumbled, turning back as the kettle finished boiling, “Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”

“Wow, you just sounded exactly like Stiles.”

“Well, his is my cousin… what’s a girl to do,” Callie stated, glancing back at Derek with a smile and taking a few sips of her coffee as she turned to face him, “Shouldn’t you be resting or something?”

“All healed.”

“Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just something... I don't know what.