Status: Ongoing

My Destined - EDITING

Chapter 2

Leia

"Leia! Leia! Come on, honey! You have to eat breakfast and get ready. The gathering for the Ceremony is in three hours!" Looking worried and frantic, I saw my mom above me. Maia must've gone home to get ready with her parents as she was no longer in bed with me, and all the things she brought were gone.

"Moooom. My dress and shoes are already laid out. I have so much time." I groaned sleepily. I am not a morning person! Mom rolled her eyes and pulled me out of bed; she's pretty strong.

"Yes, dear. But you need to eat and complete your packing. Plus, we will meet up with Maia's family for photos!" I groaned loudly once again. My mom scolded me as she dragged me out of bed.

"Come on." I begrudgingly followed her down the stairs to the kitchen when the sweet aroma of eggs and bacon filled my senses. Yum! I perked up a bit at the smell of a delicious breakfast.

"Good morning Leia." I heard my dad's deep voice, and I ran to him, enveloping him in a hug. "Oof! You're getting quite strong there, princess!" I smiled at his nickname for me and released him.

"Let's eat, kiddo! I'll race ya to see who can eat the most." I laughed at my brother's challenge and gave him a playful glare.

"You're on!" My mom sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to stop us once we got started. Corina tried calming my brother down, but neither wanted to lose.

Way too many handfuls of eggs and bacon later, my brother and I sat back in our chairs, completely stuffed and satisfied. The whole family started laughing hysterically when it hit me hard. I might have to leave. I instantly got quiet, my mom giving me a look of concern.

"I'm not ready...." I whispered, barely audible to anyone around me. "I don't want to go." I felt my body slump in my chair and the sadness eating away at me.

"Shh shh, darling. It'll be alright. You will do great, my princess." My dad took me in his lanky but solid arms and caressed my hair. "You can do this, Leia." I sobbed for what seemed like hours in my dad's arms, the rest of the family watching with understanding etched into their expressions.

"Leia. Come on, let's get you upstairs." My brother looked at me kindly, and I just nodded blankly. Lance took me from our dad's arms and carried me up the stairs. "Goddess, you're heavy, Li!" Lance tried to joke to make me feel better, and I couldn't help but smile slightly. "There it is." Lance grinned as we made up the last step.

"Lance, I don't want to leave you guys."

"Li, I know this is hard, but I won't let anyone take you away if I sense they aren't good for you. Okay? I'll fight any wolf that tries to treat you wrong." I smiled slightly and squeezed him before jumping out of his arms.

"Thanks, Lan." Lance wiped the remaining tears off my cheeks and nodded.

"Now, this is your duty as an Oliveira and a pack member of Crescent Sky. We all have to go through this. Finding your mate is important, and I know you will be so happy once you find your destined." He gave me a reassuring smile before ruffling my hair. "Now go shower. Hurry before mom kills us both!" We both laughed, and I nodded. Lance left the room and closed my door quickly.

In the steamy shower, I relaxed, always feeling a sense of comfort from the water. After 15 minutes, I stepped out and started to blow-dry my hair and brush my teeth. My hands were beginning to get shaky from nerves, but I tried to ignore them. My wolf was getting jittery with excitement, aching to meet our mate.

Once I was done with that, I walked over to my closet, where my ceremony dress hung. Maia and I went together to buy our dresses, and I can't lie; it was a lot of fun. We spent much of the time trying on funky or ugly dresses and laughing at each other, definitely making both of our mothers slightly annoyed with the amount of playing around we did.

I picked out this gorgeous navy blue satin dress. It has thin, sheer straps over my shoulders and off-the-shoulder straps that hold up the floor-length dress. The dress is form-fitting at the top with a plunging heart neckline and then flows out to the bottom with an open slit on my left leg.

After putting on the dress, I grabbed the gold strappy stilettos I bought to go with it. I'm not used to heels... I've practiced several times with these shoes, hoping I don't make a fool of myself at the Ceremony or, worse, in front of my mate. I sat on the bed and put them on, then grabbed my gold crescent necklace given to me by my mom for my first shift. The last thing I needed was the gold stud earrings and my new matching gold clutch.

"Honey?" I heard my mom knocking on the other side of my door.

"Come in, mom." She walked in and gasped, holding her hand over her mouth.

"Oh, my Goddess. Leia Renee Oliveira, you look stunning!" She started to tear up, and she came to me and twirled me around a few times.

"Mom!" I laughed, feeling dizzy at her twirling. "Thanks, mom." I smiled, and we hugged once she stopped twirling me around.

"Is everything packed?"

"Yeah, just gotta grab the rest of my toiletries; I did everything yesterday." She smiled proudly and kissed me on my forehead.

"Alright, I'll have Lance get your bags. Let's go downstairs to show everyone." I nodded and followed her to the living room, where everyone waited. Corina gasped like my mom when she saw me, and the boys looked up.

"Wow, Leia! You look beautiful! The males are going to go crazy over you." She ran to me and hugged me. My dad and brother didn't like her comments about the males going crazy. I don't think I do, either...

"Li, you're stunning." Lance gave me a small smile and ruffled my hair. Good thing I haven't done my hair yet, or I would've been so mad! My dad just nodded in agreement, unable to say much else.

"Thanks, guys," I responded sheepishly, my face red from all the attention.

"Alright, chop-chop! Lance, get your sister's things and bring them to the car. Let's hurry to the Grant home to get pictures before we send them off!" My mom rushed us, and we complied.

After a quick drive, we arrived at Maia's house, where she and her family stood outside waiting. Maia looked gorgeous in her form-fitting black dress; the off-the-shoulder sleeves crisscrossed over her chest, making a slightly heart-shaped neckline, and the dress fell to the floor like a mermaid dress. I quickly got out of the car and ran to her.

"Oh, my Goddess Maia! You look amazing!"

"Leia, you too! We are going to be the hottest she-wolves." We laughed as we released each other, and I turned to her parents.

"Hi Leera, hi David." I smiled at them both and gave them hugs. Since our parents have been the best of friends, they're my second family, and I have slept over at their home countless times since Maia and I were little.

"Leia, you look great. I'm so proud of my girls!" Leera gushed, her eyes tearing up. David just chuckled and shook his head. "Come now, Vincent, say something nice about your sister and Leia." Maia's mom pushed her little brother, Vincent, forward.

"Y-you guys look nice..." Vinnie immediately looked away awkwardly. He probably is worried his big sister will leave...

"Leera! David! Don't our girls look amazing!" My mom walked up to them with a wide smile. "Come on, let's get pictures. I know you don't have your makeup or hair done yet, but I just want a couple!" Maia and I rolled our eyes at each other and laughed.

"You look beautiful, Maia," Lance said smoothly, hugging her. Maia's face turned red as a tomato, and I burst out laughing. She glared harshly as my brother walked away, completely oblivious.

"Get in positions!" My mom shouted, and everyone went quiet, quickly getting into a family photo.

We talked and laughed for a few more minutes, Maia and I making silly poses for selfies before a limo pulled up. Alpha Grant wanted to pick up all the females in the pack by limo to get them ready at his estate. We were to meet the she-wolves from the other two packs joining us, Shadowed Raven and Moonstone Snow, there.

"Alright, girls. This is it! We will all be right behind you in our car and see you right before the Ceremony Ball. We will watch the Choosing Ceremony, of course, but won't be able to come to talk to you till later!" My mom gave us both hugs, sniffling loudly.

"Love you, mom." I hugged her tightly, fighting the tears threatening to pour out. Not yet. My dad kissed me on the forehead before smiling.

"Love you, princess." Now, Lance and dad will attend the pack meeting before the Ceremony with the Alphas, Lunas, and Betas of each pack and the Elders.

"Knock em' dead, lil' sis! Well, not too much; I don't want to fight too many wolves." I laughed at Lance's comment before getting into the car with Maia. We held hands the whole drive, whispering here and there about our nerves.

After a short drive, we drove to Alpha Grant's beautiful estate. He had a long driveway that could fit at least ten cars and a 2-story home. The exterior was white stucco with 20+ windows and large wooden doors at the entrance.

Alpha Grant and his Luna were at the door, welcoming all the she-wolves into their home to prepare for the Ceremony. Maia and I held each other's hands as we walked down the long driveway toward the front door. Man, these heels suck! I silently groaned at wearing heels, having never been one to wear them before.

"Leia, Maia. Welcome." Alpha Grant's deep voice boomed, even though we were right before him. Maia and I bowed in respect.

"Alpha Grant, Luna Grant," I spoke quietly, feeling Alpha's strength and power radiating through my bones. To my surprise, they both smiled warmly at us both. I wonder if they feel sympathetic towards us for being forced into this... Alpha Grant is huge on tradition and rules, although he isn't an authoritative Alpha. He's just very set in his ways.

"Come on, girls. Let's get you both ready for the Ceremony. It's a big day for us all. You must make our pack, Crescent Sky, proud and do your best to find a high-ranking mate." I rolled my eyes at Luna's words, earning a slight giggle from Maia. Neither of us cares about rank; we just want a good mate who will like us—not demanding, right, Moon Goddess?

Luna gestured to an older woman who beckoned us into the house. We followed her through the rooms and hallways to what looked like a grand ballroom. There had to be hundreds of she-wolves here, and it instantly made me feel very nervous. They're all so beautiful, how will I find a suitable mate with all this competition?!

"Leia, you know it's all up to the Moon Goddess. Not how many she-wolves there are. I'm confident we will find our destined mate today." Tala tried reassuring me, but I knew she felt nervous too. Her want for a mate felt much stronger than my own.

"Wow, Leia, there's a lot of girls here...." I laughed at Maia's comment, knowing we only really had each other, so we didn't mingle with the other females much.

"I know. Let's just get this makeup and hair stuff over with!" The older woman had already left, advising us to find an empty seat and wait our turn. Once my eyes set on two open seats, I grabbed Maia's arm and pulled her through the crowd.

We both sat down in between two other she-wolves. The one next to me, on my left, was definitely from a different pack. She had pale skin, long straight black hair, and dark brown eyes. She's so pretty. She must've felt my awkward stare because she turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey, girl. Is this your first time too? I'm Althea from the Shadowed Raven pack. Nice to meet ya!" Her voice was high-pitched but not in an annoying way. Maia and I both smiled, nodding in agreement.

"I'm Leia, and this is my best friend, Maia. We are both from the same pack, Crescent Sky."

"Oh! This is your Alpha's home! What a great place. I hope I find an Alpha to get a home like this." She smiled widely, her dark brown eyes gleaming.

"Aren't you nervous at all?" I asked, wondering how she could be so optimistic and carefree.

"Well, yes. My sister hasn't found her mate yet, so I'm worried I won't...." I instantly felt a little bad for assuming she was entirely carefree.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She shook her head, smiling.

"No worries, girl. I want to find my mate today, but I will wait for the one the Moon Goddess will give me if he's not here. I trust in her." My eyes widened a bit. Despite all the good, I've been taught about the Moon Goddess, I still felt slightly worried.

"What's your name, Miss redhead!" Althea half-shouted at the other girl sitting next to Maia. She looked up shyly and smiled.

"Oh, um. My name is Selene. I'm from the Moonstone Snow Pack." She gave a slight wave, and we all waved back. She's beautiful, with slightly tanned skin and freckles covering her cheeks. She had long, curly red hair and pale blue eyes in contrast.

"Hold on! Selene, like Selene Stern? Is your brother the new Alpha of your pack?!" Althea almost jumped out of her seat with excitement. I didn't even think to look into who may be coming today... Selene nodded and put her finger to her lips to silence Althea. "Oh! Sorry!" Althea turned red in embarrassment, and we all laughed together. It was nice to find other girls here that was cool. It made me feel less alone, even though I already have Maia.

"He's coming today too. My brother, Cael." Selene spoke quietly. Althea's blue eyes widened, and she smiled.

"Oooh! I cannot wait! I'm sure there are gonna be many hot males today." Althea winked, and I just laughed nervously. I am not great with guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Oh, how I miss Polyvore!!! I started this story so long ago that there was still Polyvore to make outfit boards, haha.

Do y'all like seeing these??? Or prefer just to imagine what it looks like?

<a href="https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/portuguesechick3/My%20Destined/My%20Destined_2.Leia%20Choosing.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds">Leia's Dress</a>

<a href="https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/portuguesechick3/My%20Destined/My%20Destined_2.%20Maia%20Choosing.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds">Maia's Dress</a>

<a href="https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/nn213/portuguesechick3/Althea_Choosing_Ceremony.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds">Althea's Dress</a>

<s href="https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/portuguesechick3/My%20Destined/My%20Destined_2.%20Selene%20Choosing.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds">Selene's Dress</a>