Status: all done!! // nikko? writing drabbles? it’s more likely than you think

Succession

venom

He has a scar over his heart the size of Silesia.

You aren’t sure what exactly did it to him; whether it’s a battle wound or the burning loss of his land and men, it doesn’t really matter. The way Roderich glares at you, baring his teeth just the slightest bit as you hover over him, makes it clear that earning his forgiveness will not be easy.

“Nobody likes a sore loser,” you coo, hooking your fingers beneath his chin. His blue blood is absolutely boiling, but the memory of your rifle pressed against his throat is enough to cool him off, at least enough to not curl his delicate fingers around your scarred neck.

“Get your hands off of me.” Instead of your neck, he grips your arms, pushing you away with strength he can’t afford to waste on silly affairs with you. Austria has lost too much for him to even consider playing games with you. “I will not forgive you.”

“I only did what I was told.”

He sneers, “Would you like me to believe you did not enjoy yourself along the way, then, Gilbert?” He spits your name with a venom so powerful that had he had access to it during combat, your army would have melted away. Your body shudders slightly.

“You can’t afford to be my enemy anymore.” You don’t mean to smirk, but you don’t think you can help it. The corner of your jagged grin cuts into your cheek and you don’t feel bad when Roderich tenses. “Who is on your side?”

He thinks for a moment, averting his eyes. Is it to focus, or to evade the sight of your awful face?

He whispers a name that escapes your ears, though you didn’t care to hear it in the first place. You gather the fabric of his collar in your fists, the material soft and smooth beneath your gloves. Bastard.

“I hate you.” He says it so calmly, even with his muscles wound up and his body trembling. The wars have left him weak and tired yet somehow, he's on fire. “That will not change should our countries become allies.” He inhales sharply through his nose as you snatch him closer. Your foreheads are just a twitch from touching. “That will not change ever.”

It most certainly will change. Roderich has been dramatic since the moment he learned to speak. The way his violet eyes shine, wet with tears he’s much too proud to shed, shows that he is simply soaking in his failure, that's all.

But even so, his heated words dig beneath your skin. He holds nothing above you anymore, and still you fall. You think it’s because, somewhere deep within your poisoned heart, you still like him. And right now, he doesn’t like you. So you sit there, collar in your hands and knuckles against his neck, and you taunt him about his defeat until he finally turns his head to cry.

You are a very sore loser.
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT: i'm gonna fight mibba's counter this is def not 512 words honey do u wanna scrap bc

this is an extremely random piece and i'm really sorry if it's not the best. however, it’s the first thing i’ve posted in ages, and one of the first things i’ve written in a million years that i actually like!! i’m so happy :’) (in case this was confusing or weird - i wrote this at 2 in the morning so probably!! - roderich is / represents austria, gilbert is / represents prussia) sorry i kinda antagonized gil but tbh he's a very cocky and boastful little shit in canon and god does he get on rod's nerves sometimes ggjfhgjr

this was born out of the desire to help my team in the writing cup and eventually became pruaus angst because apparently i hate gil and rod's happiness, oh. honestly, i kinda want to expand on this, but i'm not a history buff (especially european history holy) nor do i have enough time to dedicate to researching deeper into the wars and austria's relationship with prussia just yet, so maybe someday in the future? until then, i'll probably write a different pruaus fic that's somewhere in my realm of capability!! also jesus it's really hard to stay within a word limit what's wrong with me hlp

anywhooo, this author's note is waaaay too long and i have to start getting ready to head out now; thanks for reading, love you all!! <3