Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

XIV: Sweet dreams are made of this

Yeah, I know... The bass part. No, I didn't forget about it. No, I didn't mean to keep you waiting. They say you shouldn't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you, and trust me, I hate waiting. But I digress.

The next day, Sarah and I found ourselves standing in front of Adam and Nathan's house. I was going to knock on the door but Sarah called Nathan. A curtain immediately moved and thirty seconds later, Nathan opened the door.

"Hi, girls. Please forgive my brother, he's still taking a shower. He's been there for 45 minutes, but he pays the water bill, so I can't complain, I guess..."

We sat down on the small couch. I barely heard some music. I thought it was my imagination, but...

"Are you listening? Are you listening?"

"Yes, I am listening!" Nathan yelled.

"Same!" We yelled, and laughed.

The music stopped. We heard a door opening. Adam approached us, with a navy blue towel around his waist.

"Sorry for that. I know I suck at singing but... oh, shit."

He looked at his towel and ran upstairs. He came back about ten minutes later.

"Double sorry for that. Now you understand why I told you not to sleep less than six hours, I guess."

I nodded. He looked at his black t-shirt.

"Yeah, it's the way it should be. Last week I accidentally wore it inside-out. Nathan laughed at me when he saw me. Well, at least I realized before crossing that door", he continued, pointing at the front door.

Someone started knocking on the door.

"It must be John", Adam said, smiling. "No, you stay there", he told Nathan. "I'll open the door."

"Am I late again, right?" John asked, looking at all of us, between tired and scared.

"No, in fact you're not", Adam replied.

"And if Mr. Extreme Punctuality is able to say you're not, it's because you're not", I said, chuckling.

"At least I don't skip the first class because I'm late!" Adam said, playfully.

"Okay, you're right. You win this time", I said, looking at my shoes.

"Come on, cheer up, don't be sitting there all so morose, it's kinda saddening to see you like that, it reminds me of that time when..."

"Morose? Saddening? Do you feel okay?" Nathan asked, laughing.

"Stop it", Adam said. "And yeah, Melissa. Let's go. It's not Wednesday so we can finally go to that awesome place I told you about... and then we go see John's super rad band. What's its name again?"

"Taking Back Sunday", John replied.

"A rad name for a rad band", Adam said. "High-five?"

"Sure!", John said, highfiving him.

"Was it your idea?" Sarah and Nathan asked, at the same time.

John laughed. "No, not really. It was Eddie's idea. I don't know where he got it from, but it sounds cool and that's all that matters to me."

"Okay, you lead the way", I told Adam. "Please don't try to make us walk in circles, I kinda remember how to get there and I'll notice. Also, please don't sing the Meow Mix song. You can sing anything, literally anything, but that song."

"That song and the Barbie song", Sarah added.

"Okay, okay, I get it", Adam said.