Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

XV: It's everybody's fault but mine

"I'm here!" John happily yelled, as he opened the door.

"Really? I didn't know, I thought a ghost was talking to us", a guy said, pretending to be surprised.

"Stop it, Antonio", John said, a little annoyed. He turned at us. "Oh, before I forget. This is Antonio. He's nice but sometimes he's annoying."

"Sometimes? Come on, man. Be honest! He's ALWAYS annoying", another guy said. Antonio glared at him. "But we love him anyway, don't we, guys?"

"Do you want me to be honest, or to be nice?", another guy asked.

"Shut up, Mark", Antonio said.

"You're not my boss!" Mark said, defiantly.

"But I am, and I'm telling you to shut up."

"But Eddie! You started this discussion!"

"John did. Or was it Antonio? Oh, whatever!" Eddie said. He approached us. "Aren't you gonna introduce us to your friends?"

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. This is Adam, a childhood friend. This is Nathan, his brother. This is Melissa, Adam's friend. And this is Sarah, Melissa's friend."

A phone started ringing.

"Wait a minute", Eddie said. "I'll be back."

"You already saw the photograph but I'm telling you again. This is Antonio, this is Mark, Eddie just left to answer the phone..." John looked around. "And Jesse?"

"He has not arrived. You know him. He's always late." Mark said.

"He has not arrived, and he won't arrive", Eddie said, as he approached us. "John, what did you do now?"

"No... nothing." John said, stuttering.

"Jesse told me otherwise. What the fuck? What were you thinking? He just called me to tell me he's leaving the band! And he said it was all your fault! I didn't understand what he said, he was too repetitive and confusing, yeah, as usual, but... what did you do? Does it have something to do with Audrey?"

"Oh, shit." John whispered.

"So it does! Oh, wow. I would've left too if I was him. Well, maybe not. Maybe I'd just kick your ass out of the band. What were you thinking? Our gig is in a few hours and we don't have a bassist and it's all your fault! I don't know what you're gonna do but you have to find a replacement right fucking now. Either you do that, or we kick you out of the band. If we're missing a bassist, we might as well miss a guitarist, right?"

"Er... Adam plays bass!" John immediately said.

"Really? Do you play bass? Are you familiar with all our songs?"

"I..."

"Yes, he does, and he's familiar with all our songs. He just needs a little time to practice. I'm gonna take him to the dressing room, we'll be back at eight."

"John..." Adam started saying, but John put his hand on Adam's mouth and started dragging him to the dressing room.