Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

XVI: She was always alone, pretty much.

Everybody was silent and awkwardly looking everywhere.

"Is it true? Does Adam play bass? I'm asking because John is capable of doing or saying anything to get away with what he wants."

I realized that question was directed at me, so I answered.

"Yes, he does. He's been playing bass for about six years now. He himself told me so."

Eddie smiled and nodded.

"Okay, if you say so... You look trustworthy, to be honest."

"I am. You can ask Sarah or Nathan. You can ask pretty much anyone who knows me."

"Ask her if she plays bass", Nathan said, chuckling.

"What?" Eddie said, confused.

"Fun fact: She does." Nathan added.

"Really?" Eddie asked me, not believing a word.

"Yeah", I replied, looking at my feet. "I'm not as good as Adam, though."

"Well, if he throws a temper tantrum a la Jesse Lacey, we'll call you. You can either scold him or replace him. I hope you don't need to do either one of those and I'm sure you do hope that too." Eddie said, smirking.

"Don't worry. I used to babysit when I was younger, I'm an expert controlling temper tantrums, but I don't think Adam is that kind of person. He's always been so calm, so mature... Well, his jokes are really bad, but you'll be fine." I said, reassuringly.

"Just don't say Lifetime is trash and you'll be fine." Nathan added.

"Why would I say that? Lifetime is the best thing ever created since chicken gyros!" Eddie said, cheerfully.

"You'll be fine", Nathan repeated, hugging Eddie.