Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

II: I didn't want anyone to know this, ever.

"So, where do you study?" I asked, as we wandered.

"NYU. It's my senior year, I'm taking fewer subjects, most of them are electives. I'm studying law, but I got the chance of choosing electives from other majors. Don't ask how."

I looked at Adam, between shocked and confused.

"No, not like that, don't look at me that way", he said, very fast. "I mean I was choosing the subjects and somehow I saw electives I hadn't seen before. Photography, musical theater, history of art, yada yada. I didn't understand why, but hey, you don't question it. I saw the chance and I took it. Fuck Socratic dialogue. I've read enough about it anyway..."

"I can imagine you participating in Broadway musicals..." I said with a smirk. He laughed.

"Yeah, I've considered it. It might work, I guess I should try but I need to learn how to sing because right now, I know next to nothing. And that elective might help me a bit."

"So do you play any instrument?"
"Bass guitar. I've played it since I was 16. How about you?" he asked. "Looking at your expression right now I can tell you also play bass guitar, am I right?"

"Yeah", I replied, sketching a smile. "I started two years ago."

"And do you play in a band?"

"Not now. I used to, though. We were a bunch of angsty beginners playing in basements and school talent shows. Decent at best", I replied, giggling at the memories. "How about you?"

"No, nothing. I haven't really had time, you see, I study and work. Hopefully I'll eventually have time to join a band or something", he said, pushing his fringe away from his face.

"It's all about being organized. Stop procrastinating. You'll find a way", I said.

"Wanna eat something?"

"Su... shit, it's 9:50 and..."

"And you need to go to class. So do I. What if we have lunch after school? My classes end at 2. Maybe I can pick you up at... what time do your classes end?"

"At 3", I said.

"Cool... Wait, I'd recognize that building anywhere! Mind if I leave you at your school's entrance? Mine is a few blocks away."

"Okay."

We walked in silence for about 5 minutes.

"So we're here. Good luck, have fun, yada yada. I'll be here at 3. Take care, Melissa."

"Thank you, Adam. See you!"

He started running and disappeared in the distance as I entered the building.