Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

XX: Sing me something soft, sad and delicate

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We're just a bunch of dudes who love music, also known as Taking - Back - Sunday." The crowd cheered. "This song is one of my favorites, track 3 of our album, Tell All Your Friends, I love this song and I'm sure you love it too. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here." Adam smirked. "No, but really, we love this song and I hope you love it too. This song is called 'Cute Without the E (Cut from the Team)'"

The song started. Adam told everyone to stop 10 seconds later.

"Oh, I almost forgot about it. Do you know why I'm here? Do you know why I'm here? Maybe some of you remember us a few months ago, playing in small venues. I was the bass player and we were traveling to Long Island. We were listening to Texas is the Reason, I was reluctantly driving and singing. My voice was masked by Garrett Klah's, it was all fun and games until someone turned off the radio." He looked at us, well... at me.

"Long story short, I ended up singing for the band but let's see it positively, I'm not driving that van again, except when my brother's playing videogames and I have to drive around the city just to have a quiet moment to practice my singing."

Nathan giggled. The crowd laughed along.

"Anyway. Everyone please welcome Melissa McDowell."

"What?" I half-whispered, half-complained.

It seems John heard me because he looked at me and muttered "I don't know, I had no idea."

"I was gonna tell you the whole story but I'm aware you're here to listen to our music, not to listen to my stories, but I'm writing a book about it, if you're interested. It's gonna be called 'Sorry for singing terribly and charging you for it. I'm not responsible. Don't sue me. Sue Melissa McDowell, it's her fault, all of this." He smirked. "Well, not really. I could've left. But you know, something inside me told me 'you only live once' and look at me, I'm still speaking! Anyway, everybody please welcome Melissa McDowell. But I don't mean a random welcome. Make her feel at home. She deserves it."

I hesitantly started walking.

"Welcome home", Shaun started, hugging me and giving me his bass guitar.

"This is where you belong", John continued, hugging me too. "Wait a minute", he whispered in my ear, and ran backstage.

Mark stood up and hugged me too. Then Eddie. Then Adam.

John came back with an extra microphone. "I thought you might need this. It's up to you whether you use it or not, though." I nodded.

"Okay, let's start before y'all start crying, if you haven't already", Adam said. "This song is called 'Cute Without the E (Cut From the Team)'."