Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

XXI: Ever seen a Siamese Bengal kitten?

"Why did you do that?"

Adam laughed, then he stopped at looked down. "I don't know."

"I don't know?"

"I don't know, I just thought you were born for this, I just thought you deserved a chance to feel it, to see it yourself. Don't laugh at me, but I'm terrible at this. I enjoy it, I have fun. But I'm not good at it. I'm not good at singing. I'm not good at speaking."

"But you always..."

"What you have seen is different. You were there. I felt secure. I've gotten better at pretending - you gotta speak a lot and look confident when you study Law - but I'm not Mr. Frontman. I'm just a bunch of hesitation, absent-mindedness and coffee. Lots of coffee", Adam continued, sketching a smile. "I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty cool. It's still scary, though. But you know, the best things in life are scary. But you don't let that stop you. I just wanted to show you a path, an option you might or might not have considered. I think you'll excel at it, but it's your choice. I'd be more than happy to see you being yourself, being who you are right now. It'd be kinda sharing you with the world but that's what makes it even more rad. A light is not meant to be hidden. I'm not telling you to get up right now and walk into Victory Records' office and tell the CEO 'Look Tony, I'm super fucking rad, and I can prove it. I'm not leaving until you say it out loud', nope. I'm just saying I know you're capable of doing whatever you wanna do... except becoming an Oster blender. You cannot become an Oster blender. No but really, take your time but I think the best thing you can do is following your dreams, no matter how crazy they might seem. I bet you would have said that to me in the same situation."

"I did. Well, I tried", I said. "You know, sometimes I'm great at giving advice but terrible at taking it. Especially my own advice. But yeah, it's amazing to know someone actually believes in you. And you know, when someone successful is the one saying they believe in you, it's encouraging, and scary, and it actually feels true."

"Follow me."

"Where are we going?"

"Long Island. But we're getting some coffee first. Wanna go to the Starbucks I used to work at?"

"Sure!"

"Cool, get into the car. Nathan left some of his CDs there. Check them out. Let me make sure I've got my ja... Shit, I forgot. Let me open your door."

"It's not necessa..."

"Let me open your door. It's not necessary but it's rad."

"Thank you."

"I can't believe I have a car again... I had to sell it in order to pay tuition. I was lucky enough to find another one just like the one I used to own."

"Things always get better."

"They get better."