Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

III: When I close my eyes

I went upstairs and I walked until I reached the last classroom. The door was open and I saw Sarah sitting at her desk typing in her laptop. Stone Temple Pilots' Plush was barely heard in the background.

Sarah stopped typing and looked at me.

"Good evening!" she said, chuckling.

"What have I missed?" I asked, sitting beside her.

"Not much, Miss Amelia gave us our essays and left. Here's yours, by the way", she said, opening her gray folder. "How come you're this late?"

"It's a long and weird story. It all started in Halsey Street. The train was crowded as fuck and there was a woman wearing a blue dress, she got outta the train, I sat down, the doors were closing but this guy entered running and long story short, I ended up with this..." I said, showing Adam's handwriting on my arm, "and an invitation for lunch today at 3".

"What the fuck?"

"I still can't get used to it but hey, stuff like this doesn't happen all the time, so you don't question it when it happens!" I realized I was being too loud, so I shut up. I looked at Sarah, I sighed, I scratched the back of my neck, then I continued, way more calmly. "Yeah... that's it, I guess."

"That's weird. And rad. Super rad", Sarah said, closing her laptop.

"What's rad?" Nathan asked, entering the classroom with a cup of coffee.

"It means that something is very exciting or good", I said, chuckling. Sarah and I laughed. Nathan just looked at us awkwardly.

"Okay. I guess..." he said, sitting down behind us.