Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

V: Tell my neighbor to stop playing sad songs

"Okay, here we are. Just let me... where are my keys?"

Adam turned around and looked at me, very scared.

"I hope I didn't leave them on that sofa because I swear..."

"Adam."

"Last week it was my phone, now my fucking keys, what am I thinking? I guess I need to stop staying awake until 2 am because..."

"Adam."

He shut up.

"Your other pocket."

He searched in his other pocket.

"Oh." He took his keys and quickly opened the door. "Sorry for that. That's what happens when you sleep only four hours. Don't do it, haha."

He made a little gesture, telling me to enter.

It was a little living room, painted in white, with a brown sofa and a center table. There were two photographs hanging on the walls: A kinda impressionist rural landscape and a pic of two smiling kids.

"Yeah, I know. I need more furniture, don't I?" Adam said, laughing. "I would get it if I had where to put it. Let me get my tape recorder, hold on. Sit down, get comfy, you know the rest."

He came back with a gray tape recorder in one hand and a box in the other one.

"Lemme plug this thing... My tapes are here, pick one."

"Lifetime? Northstar? The Waiting Process? I have no idea who they are. I barely know Weezer because of you..." I said, kinda embarrassed as I took some tapes out of the box.

"What? What kind of music are you into?"

I gave him my music player.

"It looks like my brother's music collection, ya know? That's the kind of stuff he listens to. Anyway... let me get his CDs but don't tell him because the last time I did..." he said, getting up and approaching the stairs.

"No, no. Just play that Weezer album. The one where that song with the long name is."

He stopped and sat down again.

"The Blue Album?" he asked, taking the box.

"I don't know, you're the expert here", I said, sketching a smile.

"Here it is. It's the third song but I think you need to listen to the previous songs in order to completely understand it. We've got plenty of time anyway. By the way, I'll be in the kitchen trying to cook something decent. Do you like lasagna?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Great. I'll be back. Listen to the album because I'll be asking you a few questions about it when I'm back."

I laughed as he went to the kitchen.