Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

VII: The only thing I regret

"You know what? This is awesome, I doubt any restaurant can make something better than this."

"This is my granma's recipe. The first time I tried to make lasagna it was terrible... okay, the first twenty times it was terrible but I've been making it for years now. Ask Nathan, he was always complaining whenever mom and dad told me to make dinner. Sometimes he even used his allowance to buy pizza or Taco Bell instead."

"Taco Bell? Was your food that bad?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah", Adam said, looking down and trying not to laugh. "But one day he ran outta money before my parents asked me to make dinner so he had to try my food. He was so reluctant to start eating it but my granma tasted it and got up to hug me and kiss my head. 'I'd tell you that you're ready to get married now but you're sixteen, but yeah, this is really good', she said. Nathan was surprised as well. He still wasn't sure but mom and dad smiled when they gave it the first bite so he took a bite as well, smiled, lifted his arms and dramatically said 'Finally!' It was really funny." He lifted his arms as he said that, imitating Nathan's tone of voice.
"By the way, do you still wanna go to the café? I mean, we already ate but we can have some coffee and see Facing New York."

"You're talking about a local band I don't know, aren't you?"

"You don't know them? You don't know what you're missing! You have to see them live right fucking now. There's no doubt. We have to go."