Status: slowly updating

Rush Hour

IX: Tell me your story

Okay. I admit it. I forgot about my dirty laundry. Luckily, my make up remover lotion is in the closet, so when I was looking for it I remembered I have no clean clothes to wear. The laundromat that is four blocks from my house was already closed so I had to go to another one. Dear person who invented 24-hour laundromats, I love you.

I don't love the person who decided to leave the TV on, though. I mean, it's fucking 1:30 am. I don't wanna watch Univision's soap operas. I don't think anyone wants to watch them. I'm the only person here. I'm not that short but the TV is hanging on the ceiling and the wifi is not working so I guess I'm screwed. I look at my arm again. Such a nice handwriting. Mine is not that cool. I'd tell you I'm gonna get that tattooed but I barely know Adam and I know it's a bad idea. Plus, I don't have money.

What was I telling you? Sorry, lack of sleep is taking its toll. I guess I should've followed Adam's advice but I arrived home twenty minutes ago. They almost had to kick us out of the café. Don't blame me, it was not my fault. After all, I'm not a night owl. I'm not good at conversation. I'm not cool or talented or familiar with the local scene. I'm just a handful of stuttering, tied together.

So yeah... that's it, I guess. Let me get something to eat as I wait. There's a vending machine there.

Nature Valley granola bars? Awesome.

Starbucks iced coffee? Oh, whatever. I'll take both.

I sit down in front of the washing machine again. It finally stops. I leave my coffee and my granola bar on the chair beside mine. I stand up and I take everything out of the washing machine and into the dryer. I look at the floor. One of my blue socks fell. I take it and I throw it into the dryer. I close the dryer's door. One. Two. Three. Four. Five coins. And now I'll wait again. I should've brought a notebook. Or at least a pen that works.

I look at Adam's handwriting again. I take a picture of it. Okay, I take five pictures of it. I don't want it to be gone. Nothing cool ever happens to me but it just happened. I want a reminder of it. I need something to hold on to, a loud and clear reminder of how quickly life can turn around.