Right Girl, Wrong Time

One Night

2010

Allie wasn’t sure what she was looking for that night. She didn’t even want to go out to begin with but her best friend, Nova was persistent so she didn’t seem to have a choice.

“Nova, I don’t get why you’re so persistent in getting me to go out. I really don’t want to go.” Allie said.

“Well you’ve been miserable ever since you lost your job so it’s time for you to get out there and get laid.”

“I don’t need to get laid.”

“Well then don’t. Find yourself a boyfriend but you are going out and that’s the end of that.”
Kelly Severide had a rough shift that night and he was looking for anything to get his mind off of what happened. Sure it wasn’t his fault but he couldn’t help but blame himself.

“Kelly you can’t keep blaming yourself. It was an accident. There was nothing that could’ve been done.” Matt Casey said.

Kelly Severide had lost his ex girlfriend in a house fire. He didn’t know what to feel and just wanted to have a night to let loose.

“I know but that doesn’t make the pain go away.”

“It will never go away but let’s go to Molly’s and see if we can take your mind off it for a little while.”
Kelly and Allie had clicked as soon as they first met each other. They hadn’t even been in the bar for an hour before they were drunk. Another hour later they had left and went back to his apartment.

Waking up the next morning Allie had no idea what had happened the previous night. All she knew was her head hurt and she wasn’t in her own bed.

“God damn it. Wish I’d stop doing stupid shit like this.” Allie mumbled as she got out of bed. Realizing she was naked, she grabbed a random shirt off the floor and tossed it on.

She went downstairs and saw the firefighter cooking something on the stove. He looked up at her once she walked in and sat at the counter.

“Coffee?” He asked.

“Yes please.” she whispered.

He had remembered bits and pieces throughout the night and wished he was fully sober to enjoy Allie. Allie was a beautiful girl and there was no way he was gonna let her go easily.

“So are we going to talk about what happened last night?” Severide asked after a few minutes of silence.

“It was just a one night thing, no big deal. But thank you for the coffee. I need to go get ready for a job interview.” Allie said. She went back upstairs and got dressed quickly.

Before she left, she found a paper and pen and left her name and number on his stand.

I don’t want this to be a one time thing. Here’s my number. Hope you call me. Xo, Allie.
♠ ♠ ♠
dunno how I feel about this but here's the start of new beginnings.