Thank You for Showing Me the Light

Chapter 1.

He stood in front of his large bathroom mirror as he finished brushing his long mane of golden blonde hair thus getting an elastic scrunchy to tie it into a long ponytail. He examined himself thoroughly making sure that his clothes didn't look out of place; of course they wouldn't be! He had spent a good hour and a half assuring that his outfit was right to perfection if not ordinary consisting of just a button down tailor shirt that was underneath a purple sweater vest, nicely pressed dark denim blue jeans and sneakers.

It was just his appearance that made people shy away from, the ones that treated him like he never belonged anywhere on Earth letting him know that he was nothing but an alien on both the inside and out and that he would always remain to be that way despite many times on how much he would change his clothes and/or his hair styles. He would never fit in due to his green skin and magenta colored eyes that could resemble as contacts but once someone got close enough, he would be meeting their fist that would lead him tumbling to the floor and stay.

He really didn't want to go to school but he needed to get a good education if it meant having to face those faces once again and he would do nothing but just suck it up and shut up.

Inside of the big yellow school bus was bursting with activity as dozens of teens of every shape, size, and color were talking to friends , Listening to music, or laughing at some corny joke others would make. Girls were reading fashion magazines while talking about what was hip and that they should take a trip to Metropolis to have a look while the boys would be talking about the latest cd's that would be out in the next couple of weeks.

Staring out the window at the changing scenery in front of him, he took notice that all of the leaves on the tree were changing color while some others already had their branches bare knowing well that fall had set in which left the older children know of the many activities that were in store. Not paying any mind to what was happening around him, he soon dug out his cd player setting it to light FM on the chosen station that he wanted to listen. Putting in his ear phones, the noises soon drowned out only leaving him by himself and his own world away from reality.

My name is Quentin Doxin and I'm not from here. I guess you can say that I brought here by an unknown force that I myself don't even know on how I came in the first place. I was abandoned at an early age in my life which forced me to make it on my own. I never knew any of my parents leaving me to have to grow up on the streets for not even the Adoption Agency or the Orphanage would take me in due to the way I look which gave people the right to turn their backs on me and give the impression like I was some alien about to slave the human race which is not true; but hey, people have their own opinions about others I suppose.

I would be beaten, sexually assaulted, and just abused that I would just take it with a grain of salt and go about my business. I never worked a day in my life so I really don't know the term of hard labor but who would hire me anyway? I felt lost with no one yo turn to in my time of need who would listen to my problems so I closed everyone out knowing that was the right thing to do I didn't let it bother me know though for in my mind, I know that I was intelligent.

But I wish sometimes, someone out there would hear my cry for help and who would listen to me as well as to understand a word I would say. But as usual that would be wishful thinking. It would take a miracle to find that someone who was going through with being indifferent more than I was.

The bus had soon got to its stop at Smallville High School. Thanking the female bus driver who waved nonchalantly, the children were piling out one by one or by two as they had gotten their books ready for another hard day of school and learning.

"Hey freak!" Quentin soon opened his eyes only to witness an obese teen boy who could pass for a 19 year old when he was actually 16 due to his weight. His dark brown eyes soon lit with fire and his lips turned into a sinister smirk. "That Walkman player seems really new and expensive, not to mention I left mine back at home; I would hate to see it be in the wrong hands and that happens to be you. Give it here!"

Not thinking twice, the overweighted teen grabbed the posession not giving the green toned teen anytime to fight. "Thank you freak!" And he laughed the rest of the way out leaving the Doxin teen to just shake his head and sigh not even bothering to wave to the driver or mutter out a thanks.

The hallways were crowded with teenagers as they scurried around to get to their lockers to grab their books and make it to their homeroom classes. Quentin on the other hand, just took his time getting the combination of his locker thus taking out his english book and pencil case. He felt a tap on his shoulder only to discover three Jocks smirking like they were about to cause trouble.

"What do you have there Alien?" The leader of the gang asked.

"As you must know, this is an English book because we do have English today." Quentin said with as much venom in voice as possible. If there was one thing he hated, it was the word Alien.

"Hey John, maybe he doesn't know how to read besides, he doesn't look like he's from here." The second boy replied having red hair and green eyes while looking him up and down causing the green male to slowly back away against the cold metal.

"You're right Curt, he's probably from Mars. What do you want for us to do? Take you to our leader?" Everyone around them laughed.

"What are you going to do next? Send in the Martian family to have them shoot lasers from their eyes at us to make us stop bullying you? Well, guess again Alien."

The next thing he knew was that he was lying on the cold tile floor. His left cheek was slightly bruised and his english book laid right next to him. The crowd left leaving him without a care in the world. His eyes were closed knowing that he was hurt but deep down, he still had his dignity.

Footsteps could be heard coming his way but soon stopped like the person above was inspecting him. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?"

Quentin slowly looked up focusing on the voice that sounded...concern to be exact. He slowly but surely opened his eyes while trying to fight off the blurriness of them trying to make out the figure who happened to be a boy. Once he got his vision back, he was able to make him out having inky black hair and cornflower blue eyes that were hiding behind a thick pair of round glasses. His outfit consisted to be a white tailor shirt like his but a red sweater vest that was over it. He also had on dark blue denim jeans and his shoes happened to be black loafers.

His face was filled with so much concern that Quentin could tell he wanted to ask him if he was okay once more. He soon knelt down beside him examining his cheek as his expression turned to that of anger knowing well what had happened. Getting out his handkerchief and getting up to go to a nearby drinking fountain, he soon damped the cloth and coming back to kneel in front of him gently patting his cheek as he winced quietly.

"I'm so sorry, I know it hurts but it will help the swelling to go down a bit just don't try to move too much okay? I have a bandage in my pocket that is big enough to hide it."

Quentin couldn’t even focus anymore at the moment. It was like a dream that he couldn't wake up from but was afraid that if he were to close and open his eyes, the boy would be gone but it wasn't a dream it was real. He was helping him instead of turning away and leaving him here to suffer the pain alone.

"There, that should do it. Sorry about your English book but you can borrow mine if you want, I have another one in my locker as soon as I help you up." Stretching out his hand, the green teen didn't know what to expect but seeing his savior with so much patience, he soon gave in and slowly stuck out his hand for him to pull him up. He couldn't find his voice.

"I'm Clark, Clark Kent by the way, Welcome to Smallville High School."

Blinking twice, the abnormal boy found his voice but only barely a whisper afraid of the now named male would think of his name if he were to give it out. "My name is Quentin Doxin." He muttered but a little loud enough that Clark would be able to hear. Afraid to look up, a warm hand made it on top of his shoulder soon making him slightly jump but the Kent teen boy only smiled warmly.

"It's nice to meet you Quentin. About what had happened, don't ever let those jocks get you down. They're the real losers at the end of the day. I know because I deal with them at most times too."

"It's what I'm used to. I've had worse from before." This seemed to have shocked Clark but his expression was replaced by the sound of the bell to let them know that they had to get going.

"Hey, what's your first class?"

"Math" Clark soon grinned.

"That's what I'm taking too. You want to sit next to me?" Quentin was shocked never before had he been asked that question. He would usually sit by himself but he didn't want to lose the opportunity with the other male so he nodded having a small but genuine smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you all ever watched the Kids WB cartoon called The Legion of Superheroes, then this is the story for everyone. This is an Alternate Universe Fic which I'm trying out so I hope you all will love it!

If you don't know who Quentin Doxin is, he's Brainiac 5 or nicknamed Brainy for short and is a human teenager instead of an android but still has green skin and magenta eyes. More will be up real soon Enjoy!