Thank You for Showing Me the Light

Chapter 2.

A tall lanky woman who looked to be in her mid thirties smiled at each of her students as they all waved at her while taking their seats preparing to hear what she had in store for them. Clark and Quentin were the last two to come in; seeing the small built teenager gave her a surprise to know that he was a lot different than the rest due to his green skin and abnormal eye color but nevertheless she smiled warmly doing her job to be a caring teacher.

"Good Morning Class, my name is Miss Nancy Applegate. Due to your former teacher Mr. Crabble now in retirement, I will be your new Math teacher for the rest of the semester ahead. I will not be changing the Curriculum that you all are used to, but I will be making things a little less tedious than how they were from before."

The rest of the classmates seemed to be taking the information quite well forming smiles liking the new teacher already.

"So, to start the day on a good foot, let's all take the time to introduce ourselves. Why don't we start with this young man right here next to the other male with the glasses? can you please come up next to the desk please?"

Snickers and chuckles could be heard while one student pretended that he was throwing up when Quentin had revealed himself. "Hey, it's the Alien! Watch out he might eat our brains!" Clark turned around looking upset eyebrows already furrowing ready to speak up but Miss Applegate cleared her throat.

"Now Mr. Brooks, don't you ever judge a book by its cover. Let this boy here speak. Go ahead dear, introduce yourself." Clark smiled warmly and nodded his head indicating for him to start.

"My name is Quentin Doxin. I'm 16 years old and I just transferred here to Smallville about 6 months ago. I like to read books with my chosen genres being mystery and science fiction, and of course, I love puzzles consisting of them being word, crossword, and that will help your mind focus on the task ahead."

One student, a female with long red hair that was tied up in a ponytail raised her hand. "Why are you green? If you don't mind me asking"

Quentin bit his bottom lip gently afraid to tell. His heart was beating rapidly like a neverending beating drum when another raised his hand, a tall guy of average built with jet black hair and black eyes was paying more attention to his eyes.

"Are those contact lenses you are wearing? because I have never witnessed a different shade of them before."

"No, they’re not. This is my real eye color." Everyone oohed and aahed. Clark was captivated by them; they were in fact very beautiful but he would never blurt anything out like that.

"I still say that you are an alien because no human person would have eyes in that color." John laughed.

"Don't you start John, he is just as human as the rest of us so why don't you just lay off already." Clark replied which surprised the other teen boy; never before had someone stood up for him like that making him very grateful deep down.

"Awww... Isn't that sweet, the nerd speaking on the alien's behalf. What is he now your boyfriend?" The entire class laughed making the young Kent man clench his teeth wanting to give the Jock a piece of his mind but knew that his parents would be disappointed if they would hear their son would get sent to the Principle's Office just by starting a fight so he did what any other person did: he ignored him and turn around.

Miss Applegate soon walked up towards the bully with a displeased expression. "Mr. Winkle, using any type of inappropriate language is not allowed here in this school, I believe a trip to the Principle's Office will set you straight and I suggest you go there right this minute." The tone in her voice had clearly said it all. Getting up from his desk, he sneered at the Doxin male and left without another word as the school day went by slowly.

The ticking of the wall clock was ticking away endlessly leaving the classmates to slowly move their heads upwards just to see what time it would be just to get to lunch. By exactly 12:00, the bell rang loudly signaling them to get up and go eat to continue on with the rest of the day.

"Hey, you wanna go get some lunch?" Clark asked as they made it through the hallway heading to the cafeteria. Quentin slowly nodded while tightly holding his books against his chest.

"Thank you for defending me back there. I was afraid you would get into trouble if that guy would keep taunting you like that." Clark shrugged his shoulders while keep a steady pace for the other to keep up.

"Hey, it's no big deal. He doesn't have the right to say those type of things to you; it's just not right at all! you are just as human like everybody else."

Quentin was shocked didn't know what to say. A hundred thoughts were swarming around in his head as he slightly blushed a green hue.

"Thanks I really appreciate it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's short I'm just not feeling up to it right now I'm not in a good mood right now. But hopefully a little later I'll feel up to doing more. Enjoy.