The Love for Kendall

1.

She glanced at her Rolex. The watch show 00:34 midnight, but that was in California time zone. In her mind, she makes a rough guess of what her family might be doing now, especially her closest sister Kylie who is younger by 1 year. Her overly exaggerated mother might be trying to avoid the incoming call from her transvestite father who will be super freaking out when he realized that his so-call favorite daughter Kendall has finally grown a back bone and walk out from the family house. Well, it was not exaggerating for her to just walk out of sudden. She did announce to her family a week ago, after she received a return call from her job interviewed with Burberry Limited for the glamorous position as one of the company Fashion Merchandise Buyer staffs. The company expecting her to start work within 3 days but she has asked for a few more days to search for accommodation in the heart city of London. Both her mother and Khloe just laugh away at her attempts for independent life. Kendall admitted that she has been rather disappointed with them. She expected to be receiving happy praises and supports. Only Kylie and Kim bother to congratulate her. Kim Kardashian to whom she has secretly loathe. She even offers to send her to the airport but Kendall had flatly refused such offering. It is enough that Kylie had send her to the airport. She definitely did not want any soap drama wherever she goes if Kim Kardashian happens to be nearby.

She glanced out the small window by her side. Her plane has reached the outskirt of the British capital. She was supposed to lift down the lid of the window as the plane gradually descended down to its landing destination at Heathrow Airport. She closed her tired eyes for a bit. She did not get much of a sleep as she remains nervous for what waiting for her when the plane touchdown on the British soil. This is the beginning of her long gateway to be independent and just shine under her own spotlight. Not to become shadow of someone like her secretly-hateful sister Kim Kardashian. And she got to proof to everyone of what she is capable of to strive successful in her chosen new career.

‘I can’t be the old Kendall Jenner. I can’t be the once foolish and weak woman that I used to be!’ She repeatedly said it - like a mantra with her eyes remains closed.

Not long after, Kendall was pushing the trolley that carries 2 large size Louis Vuitton luggage and her Hermes duffel - walking straight to the queue for cabs. She did not expect anyone from her new company to pick her up in the airport. Not even her only close friend Lydia Miller who she will be meeting later for lunch. The queue line for the cabs did not take much of her time when she boarded the available cab after her stuff had been carried inside the car booth.

“Where to lass?”

“Ritz Hotel please.” Kendall did not bother to look up at the driver. She took out her mobile. Heaving a dreaded sigh as she saw Khloe number on her phone screen. Reluctantly, she touches the green button. Before she could even greet her sister, shouts from both her mother and Khloe could be heard above the congested traffic. The cab driver glanced up at Kendall at the rear-view mirror for a fraction of minute.

“Where the fuck you are, bitch!?”

“Don’t curse your sister like that, Khloe!?”

“I don’t give a fuck of her self-centered feeling, mom! She deserves to be called worse than that…!”

“This is the main reason why my babies left this house. Because of you Khloe. You’ve ruined everything!!”

Kendall cringes as their loud outburst could be heard. She really wants to kill herself at this moment. The cab driver tries his hardest not to overhear the shouting match of the famous Kardashian family. He finally realized who his passenger is. She resembles a lot with the wife of David Beckham who he initially guesses but the woman is way much younger than Victoria Beckham.

Kendall could not wait for another minute longer. She ended the calls and even went a bit far of switching off her Apple iPhone. She caught the eye of the cab driver and apologized for the small commotion. The cab driver just waved her off.

“No big deal, lass. I do have family members worse than that.” Kendall nodded her head tiredly.
“Why don’t you close ye eyes for a bit now. I’ll wake you up when I reach the hotel later.” The kind cab driver offered sympathetically after seeing of how tired her face is.

The cab driver stop the car right in front of the hotel main entrance. After she makes the travelling payment, she went about to check-in at the hotel reception area before following the bell boy to her hotel suite at level 9 of the glamorous hotel. She inspects the whole perimeter of her suite room. It is not too large for her and it has all the necessary stuff she needed during her 1 week stay. Her apartment will only be ready for her by next week. So, in the meantime, she has to commute to her new workplace from the hotel starting tomorrow. The distance between the hotel and her workplace is not too far apart but she will need to buy a car when she moving in to her new apartment though.

After putting away her clothes from the luggage, she looks up at her Rolex again. She has already altered the time following the local time zone. She has another 2 hours before her lunch meeting with Lydia. She has enough time for a short nap.

Dele frowned.

He is furious to listen his pleading voice that belongs to his mother on his voice mail. He knows immediately who has been the sole culprit that gives away his number even when he has specifically begged her not to. His adopted sister Molly.

“Dele…? My son, it’s me your mother. Please love, please pick-up my call. I’ve misses you a lot. I don’t understand why you are doing this. Why you refuse to-“

Dele refused to hear another lie again from that woman. How could she call herself his mother after the years she has lied to him and still trying hard to deny it. Dele has been struggled to accept the truth even after been advice by his adopted father Alan. It has since been 5 years now. He did not bother to confront his Nigerian father Kehinde either. He knows what to expect to hear from that man too. Like his adopted father reminds him to just keep on living the dream that he has chosen. A prolific soccer player who makes great name for himself for both the club and his international debut for England. He had chosen to play soccer for England instead of Nigeria due to his dual nationality.

He takes in a long deep breathing and closed his eyes. Counting to ten, he slowly opens his eyes and walks to his brand-new Rolls-Royce which he had park nearby. He looks at the time from his Tag Heuer watch. He has another 2 hours before his lunch meet-up with his best friend Harry who also happens to be his adopted brother and Molly’s eldest brother. But he won’t mention about Molly dishonesty. There is no need for him to make the situation worse with Harry stepping in. He will handle the situation on his own.

He drives his car out of the parking lot and turn to the north exit heading straight to direction of his mother house. He decided to check-on her from the distance where he will feel better that his mother is doing alright. Well, she doesn’t sound that ok from the voicemail. Despite the bad blood, he might have with his family, he still felt very responsible towards his Alcoholic mother Denise after all, he is her only son. Upon reaching his old hometown, he slowed the car to a stop and hide behind one of the vacated neighbor house. He did not get out from his car instead he just observes for any movement from his old family house. 10 minutes later, he saw his mother Denise comes out from the old house. She looks absolutely fine - not swaying from the alcohol that she might be drinking, even during breakfast.

“She seems to be perfectly fine…” It has always break his heart to watch his mother struggled to lead a normal life despite all of her lies and her fight against alcoholism. But he has already at the breaking point to the life that he was force to live in. His multi-billionaire father, after splitting up with his mother, has choose to thrown them out like some thrash. He should be very happy now living with his new wife Lola somewhere in Nigeria or they might be living here in London. Dele couldn’t care less of them as he revved up his car engine and turn to the direction of his meeting point which will be quite a distance from his hometown though.

It took him exactly 45 minutes to reach Regency Café which located at Regency Street. He rushed inside the almost full café that buzzled with customers. From far, he saw Harry already waiting for him. He was on his Apple iPhone. Dele guess as much that he will be on call with his girlfriend Lydia Miller who work as the Fashion designer for Chanel. Without waiting to be seated, Dele pulls out the only chair in front of Harry and signal for the waiter to take his order.

“Honey, I’ll call you later. The ass-hole has finally decided to turn up after keeps me waiting for 30 minutes.” Dele smiled at his best friend apologetically. He brings his palm together and shake in front of his frowning brother cum best friend, Harry Hickford.

“I…I had a quick meeting with the coach…about this weekend match against Everton. You know him, Harry?” Dele raise his hand to call over the waiter to take down his order. “My coach will drag on to talk about other mundane stuff.”

Dele said out his order to the waiter with Harry just watch his adopted brother. They have been friend for more than 10 years and Dele has become his brother for 8 years now. Harry’s parent, Alan and Sally Hickford decided to adopt Dele when he was 13 years-old when Dele real mother gave him away which Harry knows that it truly hurts Dele’s feeling even though the Spur’s Attacking Midfielder did not say much to Harry’s parent, not even Harry.

“So why did you ask me to meet you here instead of at our house?” Dele turns his attention to Harry. When he had bought the Hertfordshire house, he has dragged Harry to share that big house together and they have lived for almost a year. His Lingerie model girlfriend, Ruby Mae also living together with them.

“Well…Lydia wants me to pass you this invitation card to you, Del.” He took out the B5 pink invitation card from his Gym bag. Dele took the offered card and immediately read through it. Harry watch Dele eyes moving as he read through the wording in the card and his eyes had move twice on the name stated on the card. “You know that Lydia and Ruby did not get along that well. So…”

Dele just waved his hand at Harry as if telling him that he is cool with the situation between their partners. Ruby was not invited to Lydia fashion show. It was only his name written on the card. And he understands now why he need to meet Harry at the café just for Harry to pass the invitation card. Both Harry and Lydia has been Dele best of friends. The three of them has becomes best friend first before Harry and Lydia even decided to start dating. When Dele had first introduced Ruby to the couple, he knows and witness with his own eyes that Ruby had hate Lydia during that first meeting. Dele had persuaded with Ruby to get along with his 2 best friends and cast aside her dumb jealousy towards Lydia career as fashion designer. Eventually both Harry and Lydia knows about Ruby envy which lead Lydia to move out from Dele’s Hertfordshire. Dele could not stop Lydia from moving out but Harry relent to his brother plea. And since then, there is not a single day goes by without a fight between Dele and Ruby. Harry refused to interfere but Lydia has never cease to voice out her opinion for Dele to break it off with Ruby.

“Lydia will never rest voicing out her suggestion for me to look for a better girlfriend.” Dele looks up at Harry. He smiles at him. “And lately you prefer to stay at Lydia’s townhouse. How is it like? You know, I still waiting for her housewarming invitation. I promise I won’t bring Ruby with me.”

“You better not! If not, tornado will erupt in the city of London.” Both men laughing out loud to Harry silly presumption. “Anyway, please turn up on this event. It will make her so happy to see one of her best friend since Milton, show up for support.”

Dele nodded his head. “So, what you gonna say to Ruby?” Harry asked as his hand lifting his teacup bringing to his lip, sipping his Latte.

“That I want out from this suffocating relationship?” Dele look at Harry, straight in the eye. And his voice sounds tad serious.

Silence

“You…sure want to breaking it off with Ruby?” Harry carefully putting down his teacup. Dele nodded again. And after a mere minute later, he gave Harry his famous lopsided smile. “Lydia better introduce me to one of her hot model.”

Both men breaking into another row of laughter again.

Kendall sip her now cold Caramel Macchiato as her eyes searching for her old friend Lydia Miller. She met Lydia when the latter had work as an internship for Karl Lagerfeld. At that time, Kendall was a young runway model on her first job in the modelling world. Both women were very nervous for their first job in a real world and when Kendall started the first conversation to the British woman who was found sitting in the corner, after being scolded by the Grandpapa in Fashion world, their small conversation had blossom into a beautiful friendship. For 6 months during Lydia internship with Karl Lagerfeld, Kendall had stay by her side as both friend and sister. They even rent the same apartment not far from Kendall family house at the downtown LA.
Kendall had been saddened when Lydia decided to move back to London, turning down job offer from Karl Lagerfeld. But despite the Pacific Ocean that separates them, they remain close ever.

Kendall make a point to call her British sister once a week catching up with each other life and career. Recently, she learned that Lydia had moved out from her best friend from Milton Keynes Hertfordshire house after sparring world with the best friend Lingerie model. Lydia had rented one of those luxury townhouses in town which is nearby with Kendall townhouse too. Well, it has been with the help of Lydia’s boyfriend great findings along with his simply magical negotiating skill that Kendall could easily purchase her first ever house in just 1-week. Now her townhouse is still undergoing renovation and scheduled to complete next Monday. She has trusted both Harry and Lydia to representing her in choosing the best design for her townhouse. She knows that Lydia will never disappointed her.

She straightens her body at the moment a lady in purple outfit enter the café house. “Lydia! Over here!” Several heads turn to her when she unintentionally shouts out to her old friend. Kendall simply ignore them and keep on watching her friend as she walks to her table.

“Have you waited for me long?” Lydia asked right after they did their mandatory greeting - hugs with their cheeks touching lightly on both side. Kendall noticed a man who sat across of her - on her right side, keeps on watching her with that smile on his dark brooding handsome face. She just nodded her head slightly to him before turning her attention to Lydia.

“Not that long. My Caramel Macchiato still sizzling hot.” She makes room for Lydia to take the seat on her right who literally blocking the view of the brooding man. She has the feeling that she ever saw that guy before but she is not sure where. She waved her hand over to the nearby waitress and help Lydia order for her favorite coffee Caffe Mocha with extra whipped cream. Meanwhile Lydia took out the pink invitation card to her first ever fashion show for Kendall. It is rather too late for her to ask Kendall to be part of her runway models and she feels bad of asking her either since she knows her American friend has been a bit frustrated with her socialite family. No matter she is very pleased that her friend had taken her advice to start anew on new soil in London. Lydia knows that London has much to offer Kendall a new life.

“Here this is for you, Kendy.” Kendall accepted the pink invitation card and quickly run through it. She is very proud of Lydia. In just 2 years after turning down the job offered by Karl Lagerfeld, she has make her marks in the Fashion World. “Wow this is nice. Did you invite that old fart?” The old fart is the name that they exclusively referred to Karl Lagerfeld.

“Of course, why not? Even after all these years I wanted to show him how bloody talented I am!” Kendall nodded her head in agreement.

“Will you bring anyone on this event, Kendy?” Lydia has a grand idea of who she wants to introduce to her best friend Dele. That person is sitting across of her in her Vintage Floral Button High Waist dress. She wonders where in hell that Kendall gets this sweet-candy dress.

“I will be bringing myself, Lydia. And no. You are not allowed to introduce me to any of those ruggedly handsome British men in the event. Not even Harry too. I know what’s both of you are planning to do for your beautiful American girl-friend.” Kendall smiles seems to be force though.

“Well, ok but I’m sure you will be sought after by those eligible suitors even if it’s not comes from me and Harry.” Lydia pretends to be hurt by Kendall accusation and she feel very frustrated when the American beauty keeps on laughing despite her poor acting. “And you dress looks so hideous.”

“Ohhh…that is a low blow, Ms. Miller!” She leans over the small table and swat the shoulder of her friend. “This is from Celine, Ms. Miller!”

Kendall sweet laughter is absolutely contagious despite herself, Lydia too joining in laughing together. And it also attracted some of the customers in the café who turns to watch them with a smile. Some of them realized that the lady in the floral vintage dress happens to be Kendall Jenner. She is one of Kim Kardashian baby sisters. Some tries to snap a picture of the beautiful Kendall Jenner but they had been approach by the café staffs to respect the celebrity’s privacy.

Kendall indeed has been watch by the brooding handsome man and he could not stray his eyes from that beautiful face. That man happens to be Mats Hummels. The German soccer player who play for FC Bayern Munich as a central defender and currently in town to seek medication remedy for his injuries. He is alone but later in the afternoon while meeting with the specialist, Bayern Munich medical doctor will accompany him for a quick reviewed.

He knows the name of the beautiful woman from the cafe customer who speaks her name in their conversation as if they are friends. A while ago, Kendall had politely nodded her head to his direction. And he has been smitten by the small gracious action.

He wonders how to get her number. He is very much interested in getting to know her.

“Well maybe I could seek help from an old friend who happens to be a pal with the Diamond singer Rihanna.” He took out his mobile and scroll the name in his contact list. He presses the call button after found the name that he is seeking and now waiting for that person to pick-up the call.

Click

“Hello, Bastian? It’s me Mats!”