Status: It's a work in progress

Everlasting: Ardemon's Revenge.

Everlasting: "Ardemon's Revenge." The Search for thunder god Essence."

The two siblings stared at each, their faces blank. the knowledge they've gained today changing who they are, the emotions they felt at this moment were mixed, but twisted with anger and happiness. they understood what had to be done. Ardemon and Estalyn both took it upon themselves to find a god and kill them so they could gain power but neither saying it out loud. "Listen.. I think we should split up and search this plain.." Ardemon nodded to Estalyn as she whipped the tears from her cheeks, Ardemon look at her and realized she was staring at him. He pulled a piece of cloth from his pants pocket, he then realized something was wrong. "My armor!" he looked around but couldn't see it but he could sense it's presence. finally, he saw what he was looking for, a square chest that sat on the far end of the room, he tore over to the chest like a mad man, he pulled open the chest and there sitting covered it dirt and grim was his black metal armor, looking at it he realized it actually wasn't Clayiths armor but just an imitation.

Ardemon once again called upon Tareon. "Hey, how long have you had my armor?" Tareon sounded shocked as his voice flooded the room. "You just realized it wasn't on you? How forgetful you are sometimes my son. I took it off of you when you passed out on the floor here in this lighthouse. honestly, I've been waiting for you but I'm glad we got to see each other once more." Ardemon remembered something tugging at him but he felt as if his armor was always on him. "Second nature I guess," he said to himself. "Wait you thought you had armor on this entire time?" Estalyn laughed at Ardemon who was now putting his fingers through his thick oily hair. "Also when is the last time you had a bath?" she said with a scowl, He looked down at the Fheron at his hip, sheathed where he had always had it. Tareon's voice grew louder and less distorted. "Son, you should bathe and then clean off that Armor, it is well made." He looked down in shame that he was being reprimanded by his father but he turned and then felt something on his head. "A hand?" he thought to himself. he turned around and saw his father's shadow standing beside him with his hand onto of Ardemon's head. "What I said about the god's is true, I didn't want to put you or your sister into harm's way, but I fair the only way you can gain enough power is by killing a god, but the tricky part is to find a god with the same elemental nature as yourself.

Ardemon looked at his shadow and smiled. "So I have to kill a thundergod to bring you back, and then from there you can help me find the Elixer of life to revive Analiese?" Tareon pulled his hand off of ardemon's head and then put it inside of his pocket. "that is a very good question but yes I might have some idea's where to start but id needs to be back in the world of the living in order to pull a few favors." Ardemon smirked. "Find a thunder god and take his Essence and you will have the power to revive me with Fheron, however since Analiese wasn't killed with the sword. it won't work on her." Tareon's shadow fading from the wall. If there wasn't a good as this moment to ask, Ardemon committed to what he needs to know. "Father! I need to know why you were killed, I need to know how to get a thunder gods powers!! lend me your strength to find the answers I'm searching for." his voice growing softer as he shouted. But no answer returned, instead reacted by vibrating softly in its sheath.

Another problem after another he turned and began back up the stairs, again the sword rumbled to life, "Dear son, the sword is running out of magic to keep my connection to this world. I only have moments at a time when i can channel my soul through the sword." Tareon's voice sounding further away then when he had first summoned him. "This place you are in is called the shadow realm, it's where lost thing's go when he lose them, I've been here quite some time, so I know a thing or two about this place. However it's not just lost things that get stuck here, innocent souls wander in here by accident, more often these days. it also seems other timelines and doorways to alternate worlds are linked into this realm of existence. Tareon's voice growing restless as he continues to spit out as much information as he can within a few moments, "The Etheral plane also seems to be close by at another lighthouse not far from here, cross there and your desire will take you to place you need to be, Take care, my son. the swords magic is very thin....." his voice fading into a whisper as if he were falling asleep. Ardemon could feel his energy fading away, an image of his father in the back of his mind slowly driving into a sea of darkness, the water reflecting the suns warm rays onto his face as his eyes close. but that image isn't what bothered him, it was the color of his father's eyes, the red cold expression on his face. the fact his father was young and medium build. His face was shaven. his long hair was shorter then it is now but long enough to hang in his face past his nose.

He pushed the image of his father out of his head as he grabbed the Fheron's hilt and climbed the stairs until he reached the top of the stairs, he ducked his head as he pushed his face out of the thin door that lead down into his father's room, within a few seconds Estalyn came back up from behind him, her arm's full of their fathers belongings. "Look Arty! i found some cool stuff, I don't think father would mind if we used some of his stuff, I mean..." She looked down at the floor and back up at Ardemon. "It's not like he can use them now anyways.." she said with a grim expression. "It's alright, i think he would be proud we found him and can use these things if it helps us." Adrmon grabbed his sister's arm gently, he squeezed it hoping to make her feel a little better, she smiled warmly at him in return and then both of them regrouped at the dining table where she began giving a short explanation of some of the things she found in their fathers effects.

The first item looked to be a dirty small bag, made of some type of brown cloth. "This Arty is what some people would call a bag of infinity! it can hold nearly anything you can think of! problem is that once it is destroyed, everything inside is lost as well." She smiled brightly as she held it out to him. "Don't worry, i found two of them, this one has the first letter of his first name, and our family name followed by our family's crest.. and I'm guessing this other one was that wicked man that tricked us into thinking he was our father, ill take his and you can take our fathers." Ardemon smiled at her as he took the one in her hand and switched it with the one he was holding. "It's alright Esty, ill take this one, you have fathers, after all you searched for him all this time, you deserve to find what he has left behind for you." she teared up a little at the faced fact, he was right and she needed to understand what was left her in order to come to terms with their father's passing, learning they were siblings was one of the biggest fears laid to rest, she had known that Tareon was her father but she didn't know if anyone else was also sharing the same father as he, She whipped the tears before they rolled down her cheeks. "Alright! ill take this one if you insist." She said with her renewed excited voice. "Let's pack up all of his stuff and get out of here." They both looked at the items on the table. "Right! after we figure out what these other things are." they both laughed at her expense having her jumped at her chance to riffle though their fathers things. "Okay this looks like a bottle of Ether, This looks like a bottle of Thunder Glow." she continued to grab things she had carried up which was surprisingly a lot for her. She picked up a small cylinder container. "Oh Arty! this here is called Eacho mist! Basicly you can speak into it and the tiny monsters that are trapped in here respond by repeating what you said, it is used for decoys mostly, i haven't even seen how it works.. but.." her voice trailed off. they continued to look at all the mysterious thing's taking turns going down into his room.

They restlessly continued bringing back boxes and creates as they looked for interesting things, before they knew it Estalyns stomach growled, as if it was contagious his stomach growled right after hers. they looked at each other and smiled. "I found something interesting." She pulled up a pouch of food in a strange brown coloed packaging. "what does that say on it?" He asked with a confused look. "I'm not sure, it's not in our language i can tell that much. "What is that snake like symbol? and the one next to it.. It looked like a horse shoe.. It's a trap!" he smacked the green package out of her hand. Estalyn walked over to the green package and picked it up. "You numb skull, it's food... i already opened one.." she pulled a simular brown package out of her pocket, it's brown top lay ripped in half in her hands, it's contents of some type of gravy with a strong smell of meat. "It is stew! Sorry i found it early, that's why i was looking through the stuff to find more.." She looked down with a solid look of shame crossing her face. "I didn't eat it all, if you wanna try some." She passed a spoon to him which looked funny, it also had small shape teeth on it like a shark. "It's a funny spoon i know, be careful i stabbed my tongue on it.." he carefully lowered the spoon into the bag and scooped up some of the contents, like holding a palm full of unstable electricity he slowly pull it out of the bag and held it for his face sniffing the other worldly food. "It smells good!" he crammed the spoon into his mouth stabbing his tongue and screamed in pain. He looked at Estalyn who had just warned him and he smacked her face with her hand, she peaked though her fingers as she watched Ardemon chow down on the food. "Save some for me!" they tusseled a little bit before Ardemon spared her the last few bites. "You know there is more right esty? i saw a box down there with this same symbol with the bird on it." she glared at him and ran down stairs, he could hear the intensity at which she searched, she appeared back in the door with, her eyes light up like a child in the sweets shop. "You know how granny Lisenda would make us sweet root taffy in her shop? This is way better! she had a big brown box that looked to be made out of paper, she carried it to the table and sat it down, she opened the box and pulled out several different packages, she laid down a package in front of him, he opened in and then pulled out a few different packages inside that, it was large but some how it contained smaller others.

They filled their belly's like kings and queens as they tore open packages, Spicey and sweet, breaded and crackers, powered sugar candy and one even containing small white sticks with orange at the end, it had small letters on it, "This looks like a bad habit.." but without hestation since he couldn't eat it and it smelled funny he wasn't interest them so they crumbled them up and threw them in one of the empty wrapers of which they ate all the food out of, but within a few minutes both Ardemon and Estalyn both completely stuff as they sat back in their chairs grinning ear from ear. "No wonder father survived this long here, he had plenty of food!" they chuckled and then began cleaning up the mess, bottles and small boxes, jewelry and leather wrapped satchels with tools of all kinds, potions and weapons lay scattered across the medium sized table. "You know this is the first time I've felt this happy since we reunited. I've done a lot of bad things to get where I am.. I have killed a lot of people to make it home." They both stared at each with smiles. "I have had my share of blood underneath my nails, but I'm sorry to hear you also had a hard time, ever since you left.." he said with a sad voice. she looked down and pulled her sword free. "I killed over three hundred thousand people little brother.. and it was all for the sake of bringing our family back together." she looked up and smiled at him again, "Now that we are together again maybe we can do good with these weapons." she stood up and held her sword over the table. Ardemon stood up and unsheathed his sword, he lowered the blade across of hers, the metal clinked together and in a split second, he was in another space with his sister, the two staring at each. Neither had on armor, swords. nothing other then them two fully clothed in an empty white space. They stared as their powers began to rage out of control, their Aura's bursting forth colliding with each other, the force pushing against each other like a savage storm unleashed into a small room.

Ardemon's sword could be heard as it rattled against Estalyns although they couldn't see the sword they could feel them, they could feel the force being stored up deep within their minds as if the world suddenly came crashing back Ardemon had somehow found it in himself to pull his blade away from hers, both of them suddenly snagged back into reality, both falling to their knees gasping for breath. Ardemon stood up as he panted, he looked at Estalyn. She then stood up and exhale with a sigh of relief. "Whatever that was could have been the end of us, I was frozen in place, I struggled to move but the feeling of the murders I've committed, they all caught up to me at that moment, I couldn't control myself, if you hadn't stopped it we might have fought to the death." He looked down at his sword in his hands, his grip around the handle so tight that blood slowly seeped down onto the crossguard and then onto the ground in front of him Estaylyn noticed as she looked down at her own hand that was calmly holding onto her sword grip, without feeling or hearing she turned around and swung, her blade slicing through a shadow figure that had bled through the walls and flew towards them. "Arty! we gotta go! grab what you can and let's get out of here quick!" they began by opening Ardemon's bag and sweeping everything into his Infinity bag where it would be safe from everyone besides them. Estalyn picking up stuff from the floor and tossing it into the bag, suddenly another sound of a ghastly moaning shadow leaped through the walls heading straight for Estalyn, without thinking Ardemon dropped his bag and slide in front of his sister without a second thought, he parried the shadows long sharp claws with a clink and scrap from his blade. He picked up the bag as the creature phased into the other side of the wall, he tied it to his belt and then grabbed Estalyn.

Ardemon pushed her forward in the direction of their father's hidden room under the floor, they both ran down the stairs skipping steps, at the bottom Ardemon missed a step and fell, hitting the bottom step on his back and then rolling forward onto his heels, he stood up and as Estalyn's boots his the ground behind him. "You have much to learn brother! what are we doing down here??" he pointed around the room. "Let's take it all, you hold your bag open and ill throw stuff in!" she nodded as she did as he said, she opened her Infinity bag as wide it would stretch, Ardemon not wasting any time began throwing stuff into the bag with haste, he grabbed a chair and took the bag out of her hands and throw the bag on the back of the chair, the bag still opened. "This way both of us can work at the same time, quickly!" Estalyn smiled at him, "Kestlin would be proud of you, if you picked up anything from our other sisters it would be Kestlin's quick wits, I guess all those years spent playing her dumb games made you a quick thinker!" She spun around and began tossing boxes and bags, elegant swords and shields, more paper boxes with the bird's crest labeled with black ink on the side, small weird metal weapon, vials, and potions, which they carefully wrapped in their father's blankets from his bed and slowly sat them inside the Infinity bag, they looked around at their handwork smiling at the fact they searched stone unturned, not even a crumb left behind for a mouse.
♠ ♠ ♠
So with this new chapter, I've decided that I would extend my chapters by a few thousand words, however, I'm not gonna do it on this website, I will let my readers read the extended versions when I get published, so not everything will be in these versions of the book Everlasting: Ardemon's revenge. so please look forward to the new content!

Thank you for reading chapter eight, I continue to ask that you wait patiently as I slowly update as often as I can also I ask that you drop any messages if you want to chat about things that don't make sense or you see something that doesn't look right grammar wise. thanks again and I'm excited for your reviews.