The Things That You Do

28: Boyfriend & Girlfriend

Slipping her feet into a pair of sandals, Alexa moved to sit down on the end of her bed, her hands nervously fixing her blonde hair into a ponytail as she waited for the knock at the door. She knew that it was coming, when she had gotten out of the shower, her phone had been lit up with a text from Lionel insisting that he would knock on her door when he was ready to head down to breakfast, but a small a part of her couldn’t shake the slight hit of nerves which existed in the pit of her stomach, even if having breakfast together was something they’d done numerous times before. She couldn’t shift her nerves. It was a common feeling, since they’d been out on their first date, she had felt a little more cautious around him than she had previously, but the sensation was fading, even if it was just a little bit at a time. She was starting to get used to the way that things between them had changed.

Tightening her ponytail slightly, she brushed a few loose hairs behind her ear before the sound of a light knock at the door filled her ears, causing her to startle slightly before she pushed herself up to her feet. Sparing a quick glance towards the mirror as she passed it, she adjusted her vest top slightly before she pulled the door open, smiling shyly at Lionel who stood in the corridor. “Buenos dias” she greeted.

Lionel, who’d been checking a text on his phone, lifted his head at the sound of her voice before he quirked a soft smile. “Buenos dias” he mimicked “You ready to get going?” he posed.

“That depends” Alexa replied as she stepped out of the doorway, wordlessly inviting him inside “Are you just taking me to breakfast or do you have something else in mind?” she posed, offering him a slightly coy smile.

She knew that he had made plans for the two of them, after they’d agreed to take a trip together, Lionel had been quick to suggest that she leave the planning to him, and it had left her a little worried, even if she was confident that he knew enough about her to know what she would and wouldn’t like. She was a little curious about what it was that he had planned for the two of them

Lionel noted her smile before he quirked a small smirk of his own, holding his hands up innocently. “I might have a trick or two up my sleeve” he quipped impishly “But you won’t need to bring too much with you. I think I have most things covered” he added.

Alexa, who’d moved to collect a light cardigan from her suitcase, lifted an eyebrow. “Are you not going to tell me what you’ve got planned?” she posed.

Lionel, who’d moved to collect her bag, hesitated for a second, briefly contemplating insisting that it was a surprise, before he nodded his head, offering her a small smile. “I know how much you like boats” he noted “I remember that you told me once that the best vacation that you’ve been on was one where your parents rented a boat for a weekend, and I thought that’s how we could spend the day. Does that sound like something you might be interested in?” he posed, his voice growing slightly uncertain.

Alexa was quiet for a moment, processing his words, before she gently shook her head, a shy smile curving onto her lips. “You remembered that?” she posed.

Lionel nodded before he reached up, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, something which made Alexa giggle gently before she took a step towards him, placing a brief kiss against his lips. “I think it sounds like a wonderful idea” she mused as she pulled away, her blue eyes timidly peeking up into his darker ones.

Lionel held her stare for a moment before he leant into her, kissing her softly for a couple of seconds before he pulled away. “Are you ready to go?” he murmured.

Alexa nodded. “I think so” she mused, taking her bag out of his hand.

Lionel flashed her a slightly shy smile before he offered his hand out towards her, something Alexa was quick to take, knotting their fingers together happily as he led her out of the room.

~#~
“Are you getting too cold yet?”

Alexa, who was staring down at her phone in her hand, jumped a little at the sound of Lionel’s voice before she turned, offering him a soft smile over her shoulder. It had been a good day, after they’d headed out to breakfast, she and Lionel had spent a lot of it swimming and sunbathing, and she had to admit that she had found it relaxing, even if a small part of her had been slightly nervous about being in her swimsuit around Lionel, she had enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time alone with him. There had been a few awkward moments, from time to time, their conversation tended to lapse into awkward silences that neither one of them quite knew how to break, but it was improving slowly, something which was a relief to both of them.

“I’m OK” she replied, gently resting forwards against the railings which sat ahead of her.

“You sure?” Lionel posed “Because if you are, I can grab blanket” he added, moving to sit down beside her.

Alexa shook her head. “I’m fine, Leo” she insisted with a soft smile.

Lionel offered her a dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, before he nodded his head, gently placing his arm around her waist. “Who are you texting?” he posed, breaking the silence which had settled over the two of them.

Alexa, who’d been typing a message, shrugged. “It’s just Poppy” she quipped “She’s asking about how things are going here” she added.

“And what are you telling her?” Lionel posed, gently brushing his hand up and down her side, catching the skin which was left exposed by her swimsuit.

Alexa’s cheeks warmed a little at the feel of his fingers against her skin before she shook her head. “I told her that I’ve had a wonderful day” she mused quietly “And that I’ve enjoyed spending time with my b...you” she corrected herself, stopping the ‘b’ word falling out of her mouth.

Lionel, who’d been lazily tracing shapes into her side, smirked a little at the stumble before he shook his head. “Your boyfriend?” he posed, his voice caught between curious and amused.

Alexa’s blush darkened. “You caught that?” she spluttered nervously.

“Kind of” Lionel teased.

Alexa shook her head. “Leo...”

“I like the sound of it” Lionel interrupted softly, cutting her off.

Alexa blinked. “You do?” she asked.

Lionel nodded, a warm smile on his face. “It sounds good to me” he noted “I’m your boyfriend and you’re my girlfriend” he added, gently shifting his hand to take a hold of hers.

Alexa watched him slot their fingers together, allowing his words to hang in the air for a moment, before she gently leant up, kissing him softly for a few seconds before she pulled away, a small smile playing at the corner of her lips which was mirrored on his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo, Jayme112234 and mslou1 for the comments :)