Status: Originally written sometime in 2012. This one shot serves as a reminder of when I first joined Mibba. Please don't take the fic too seriously.

Through the Eyes of a Cat

1/1

I sat there on my haunches, my tail flicking from side to side as I watched the young boy before me. The boy was cleaning out the chimney. Just as Master had ordered him too. This boy is barely sixteen years old and yet, he carries my name.

Gwydion.

That name is the only name I could claim as my own. Master Manannan had called me that once, back when I was human. Before I became a black cat.

Like this poor boy, I have been torn away from what I could only guess was a warm, loving family. Only to be brought here to this dreary, lonely house that sits on top of a mountain. Far away from the eyes of the residents of Llewdor.

I only lived for eighteen years before trying to escape. I had spent many of my years sneaking off this mountain and exploring every nook and cranny of Llewdor. It was all to finish a spell, a very dangerous one that could very well be the end of me or Manannan.

But I had failed. When I thought that I was ready to take on Manannan, my spell had backfired. I meant to turn Master Manannan into a measly cat, but I was at the end of the spell. So now I must live the rest of my life as a stupid black cat, never able to leave this stupid hill. Never to even learn who I really am.

Manannan had kept me as his pet, deciding that me having been turned into a cat was punishment enough.

Now I spend my days in turmoil. I hiss, I spit, hating the fact that Manannan was still alive. And that this poor boy before me was one day going to meet the same fate as the other Gwydions before us. Death is that fate.

"Gwydion!" Came a raspy voice from the kitchen doorway. "Come here, boy!"

This Gwydion let out a sigh at hearing Master's cold voice. He rose to his feet, glaring at me as he did so. I just bared my fangs at him with a hiss, my fur bristling up. It's not that I didn't like the boy. I just hated myself.

I slunk through the kitchen, silently following my replacement. It was time for him to do another chore and without question. But now as I sit here, living out my life as a cat, I wonder what my fate is. Would I be released from this spell? Or will I forever be the detestable cat?

I don't know. I wouldn't know. All I know is that for now, I can just watch over this boy and possibly protect him from the same fate as our predecessors.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an old one shot i wrote back when I was playing King's Quest. i still play the series once in awhile and while maybe not many people on Mibba know of this series, I decided on posting this anyways because it was one of the first stories I wrote on Mibba. And why not share it with you all. I hope you enjoyed it and don't be too lost because this wasn't meant to have spoilers for any of the King's Quest games. Thanks for reading!