Status: drabble

Remember

remember boys

Dear Hayden,

It’s 2 in the morning and I’m writing this cheesy letter to you. I can’t believe we made it this far, ya know? I never saw myself settling down at 27 years old. I thought I would’ve been alone with lots of dogs, ha. But instead, I fell in love with the best man of my life.

I can’t believe it’s already been two years since your death. It feels like it’s been longer. You promised we would die together but you left before me. It hurts every day but I’m hanging in there.

You died as a hero and I’m proud of you. You died doing what you loved best and I know that’s how you wanted to die. We were married for 7 years and those were the best years of my life.

Remember Boys by Cole Swindell always makes me think of you. You never let me go to bed upset. You still loved me at my worst. You were the best thing to happen to me. I will continue to listen to this song and think of everything about you.

I love you more than anything. Rest easy, baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so this was a little more depressing than I had hoped but it works. I'm not sure if there will be more or not, but if so there will be one more chapter with a letter from him before his death. But I'm not sure yet.