Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 2

"Abby, truth or dare?" Harry began, moving himself to sit on the floor as Lucy came back over to the group, and sat down next to Harry. Harry put an arm loosely around her shoulder. Abby chose truth and Harry whispered something in Lucy's ear and she chuckled, nodding her head. "Ok Abby, chose the easy way out of course... How many guys have you had sex with?" Harry asked bluntly and I tried to hide my shock at his question, surely that would be a personal question?

"3." Abby replied nonchalantly. I looked around the rest of the group and noticed that they all seemed unfazed by her answer and the realisation dawned on me that I was probably the only virgin in this group... Or even the only virgin in this party... I wasn't ashamed of being a virgin, if anything I was proud of it. It showed that I had respect for myself, and that I was patient in waiting for the right guy. Mike was a good guy and I loved him but I just didn’t feel quite ready to take that step. We’d done some other stuff but I just wasn’t ready and Mike respected that.

"What did you do to them, drug them all?" Zayn asked for the first time, smirking. Abby narrowed her eyes at him and then took a drink from her cup.

"Harry, truth or dare?" Abby then asked Harry and Harry looked in thought, then chose dare. "Ok, I dare you to down this fishbowl." Abby dared him, handing him a cup that she had by her side. Harry looked at her suspiciously and smelt the cup, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

"You haven't drugged this, have you?" Harry joked and Abby just rolled her eyes. Harry then tipped his head back and chugged down the cup, gasping for air at the end. A few people applauded him and he smirked sloppily, the alcohol clearly reaching his blood fast. "Ok, now newbie, truth or dare?" Harry asked and I bit my lip in thought.

I didn't want to seem pathetic but I knew that I wouldn't want to do whatever the dare was that was being strung together by Harry's intoxicated mind. "Truth." I replied and Harry raised his eyes, and I noticed Lucy rolling her eyes in the corner of my eyes, but I chose to ignore it.

"Ok, then. I guess that I'll start with a simple question, what’s your name?” Harry asked and I rolled my eyes before replying reluctantly, “Izzy.” A smug look of satisfaction overcame Harry’s face. “Ah, finally a name to the face”.

After a few more drunk dares and confessions it was my turn once again and Harry posed another question, this time a much more intrusive question. “Are you a virgin?" Harry asked and I heard a snicker coming from Lucy and Zayn, along with a cocky smirk on Harry's. They were either certain that I wasn't a virgin, or they knew that I wasn't and just wanted to embarrass me; most probably the second option.

"Yep." I revealed, popping the 'p' and I noticed Zayn spitting out his drink. Lucy's face was surprised, but in a bitchy way where she was giving me a dirty look with raised eyebrows, and Harry's was the same cocky one.

"Wait, so you've like never had sex. Like ever?" Zayn clarified, with his mouth hanging wide open. I shrugged my shoulders, not sure what the huge deal was. I know that it's uncommon for girls to be virgins at the age of 18 over here, but surely it's not that uncommon?

"That's what being a virgin is, isn't it?" I countered, and Zayn nodded swallowing loudly.

"Are you really that surprised Zayn? I mean take a look at her, she's clearly a virgin; can't you see the pathetic innocence all over her?" Lucy asked Zayn, in a bitchy tone. I was slightly offended by her comment though, I mean she talked about me so lowly when I was right there.

"Pathetic innocence? There's nothing pathetic about having self-respect and dignity, not that you would know..." I blurted before I could even think about what I was saying. I had a tendency to do that, when I get offended or hurt by someone, I immediately lash out at them. It's my best and worst trait. However, my comment was met by 'oohs' from everyone and Lucy sent me glare, clearly not able to come up with anything.

"Well, Niall, truth or dare?" Lucy asked with a knowing smile on her face. I could see a plan forming in her mind as she stared at him waiting for the answer.

"Dare." Niall replied and Lucy then smirked, glancing at me then to Niall.

"I dare you to make-out with miss prissy over there." Lucy dared him and all the blood gushed to my face.

"I, um, I have a boyfriend." I stammered and Lucy just gave me a fake smile.

"So, It's only a game!" She replied and I glared at her. Just because she whored around, didn't mean that I had to.

"Yeah, well I don't want to play this game anymore." I hissed, standing up and storming out of the house. Who did she think that she was to try and get me to cheat on my boyfriend? Of course, she thought that she was queen of the whole damn world. I noticed an empty tree over in the far corner of the field, and walked towards it, sitting down at the bottom of it.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about what happened inside there, Lucy can be... Well just is a real bitch." Abby explained as she sat down on one side of me, wrapping her arms around me and Andy sat down on the other side, and I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, she's horrible. We're not friends with her, or Harry and Zayn for that matter. In-fact; we despise their group of friends, I don't even know why they sat down with us." Andy agreed and I smiled a bit, glad that I wouldn't have to deal with Lucy and her group of friends too often.

"And for what it's worth, the way that you talked to Lucy and was amazing to see. Like no-one talks to her like that and so it was kind of cool to watch you put her in her place." Abby told me, trying to lighten up the conversation.

"She's just such a bitch. I mean who speaks about people so rudely right in-front of them?" I asked.

"I know, are you ok?" Abby asked and I nodded my head. I was not going to allow some rude person like Lucy to hurt me.

"Yeah." I replied and Abby gave me shoulder a light squeeze before she got up and stretched her limbs.

"Ok, well I'm gonna go back inside, see you in a few?" Abby checked and I smiled, noticing how Andy had stayed behind.

I watched as Abby disappeared into the house, when Andy began talking. "Look, I just wanted to say that I really admired you for admitting that you're a virgin to everyone. It was really brave and I really respect you for that." Andy told me, looking at me directly in the eyes, and I could see her sincerity.

"Yeah, I'm not embarrassed by it like everyone thinks that I should be, I don't really care if people judge me for being a virgin." I replied and Andy smiled at me, before looking down into the ground.

"I wish I could be like you and not care about me being a virgin." Andy replied, looking up at me shyly, "because I sort of am."

My mouth opened slightly, but I then quickly shut it as soon as I realized that it was open. "You are?"

"Yeah, but I haven't told anyone; only Abby knows. I guess that I get kind of insecure, especially considering the fact that most of my friends are boys..." She trailed off and I smiled at her, and she then stood up and smiled down at me. "You know, I wish that there were more people as genuine as you around here." Andy chuckled before walking back into the house and leaving me alone. I slid my phone out of my pocket, frowning at the blank screen that was present.

I walked back into the house, weaving my way through the drunk bodies, noticing that Harry, Zayn and Lucy had ditched Abby and her group. I walked up the stairs and found an empty room. I increased my pace, making it into the room and shutting the door so that I could call back Mike in peace. The music could still be heard, but it was slightly quieter. I tapped on his contact and called him, waiting for him to pick up his phone which he did promptly.

“Hey Izzy” Mike answered, his tone flooding me with the familiarity of home.

“Hey Mike, how’s England doing without me? When do you start Uni?” I asked him, trying to initiate a conversation between us.

“It’s just about holding up without you aha, uhm I’m going to move into my hall in a couple of days. What about you? I take it that your flight landed safely?” He replied, his monotonous voice sounding slightly uninterested.

“Yeah, the flight went alright actually although it seemed to last forever! And then of course mum tried briefing me on the fitness facilities available and stuff, you know how she is…” I trailed off. Mike was just about the only person who I trusted with my personal issues and he just about understood the basics of my mother and I’s strained relationship.

“Of course she did” Mike sighed at my mother’s obsession with appearances. “How’s your college experience so far?”

"Well, I've made a few friends and enemies already..."

"Well, I suppose that that's both good and bad..."

"Yeah, I mean I love being able to hang around with Abby and there are some nice people, but it's just so different here.” I sighed, running a hand through my hair. “And I miss you” I added.

I then heard someone clearing their throat and looked up to see those familiar piercing green eyes and my new enemy clinging onto his arm. I hadn't even noticed the door opening...

"Um, I've got to go Mike... I'll call you tomorrow. I love you."

"Ok, love you too" Mike replied.

"Yep, bye." I said, then hung up on him. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice betraying my annoyance that he cut my conversation with my boyfriend short.

"Well, I want you to leave... I was planning on fucking in this room." Harry stated as if it was nothing. Lucy chuckled, whispering some no doubt smart ass comment about me in his ear that caused him to let out a low raspy chuckle.

"Well, can't you find another room to 'fuck' in?" I countered, air quoting the word 'fuck'.

"Yeah, but this is the room that I always fuck in." Harry retorted, emphasizing the word fuck.

"Well then that's too bad, I want to talk to my boyfriend in here so don't let the door hit you on your way out." I quipped, and turned around on the bed so that my back was facing them. After a minute had passed and I hadn't heard them leaving, I flicked my head around and noticed that they hadn't left. "What do you want?" I groaned in an exasperated voice.

"You already know." Harry said, but this time his voice had a sharper tone to it that would have scared me if I wasn't so focused on my anger towards the boy with the curly brown hair.

"Yeah, but you're not going to get that so leave." I replied, standing my ground and Lucy grew impatient.

"Look Harry, why don't we just find another room; she's clearly missing out on catching up on what's been going back at her pathetic country." Lucy grunted and I bit back my anger about her choice of words that she used to describe my home country that I didn't realize that I was so protective of.

"No, I want to fuck in this room and I will." Harry replied sternly and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Find another room dumb-ass. This one is taken!" I replied, standing up and Harry's cheeks flushed in anger as he walked towards me alarmingly slow.

"I. Want. To. Fuck. In. This. Room." Harry whispered harshly in my ear and I could help the shiver that raced down my spine at the feeling of his hot breath on my skin. "Now leave." He commanded and I looked up at him, holding his gaze before sitting on the bed and folding my arms.

"You know what Harry, I'm gonna find someone else to fuck. You're taking too long obsessing over a stupid fucking room." Lucy moaned, stomping her foot.

Harry glance over his shoulder to look at her, "fine" he spat at her and she just rolled her eyes and stormed off. Harry continued to stare at me and I pretended not to notice as I laid back casually, resting my head on the pillow and flicking through twitter on my phone. I heard Harry sigh and as I looked up at him from my phone I noticed that the anger had left his face and he was now staring at me with curiosity. "You're different." Harry stated.

"What?" I asked, wondering in what way he meant 'different'.

"Nobody ever fights with me, like ever. When I first saw you looked all shy, then when I talked to you, you were all sassy. Then you say that you a virgin, I mean who's a proud virgin? And then there you are with your attitude again. I just, I don't get you. You're different." He explained even though it didn't really help me figure out how he meant it.

"Yeah well, I'm not like every other girl who no doubtfully swoons at your feet." I replied, sitting up on the bed. Harry smirked, then perched himself so closely to me that our knees were touching.

"What makes you so sure that you won't fall?" He asked, cockily, leaning in towards my lips. I rolled my eyes and pushed him at his chest away from me.

"Because I know your type. I know exactly what you do to girls. You break them down without a care in the world. But I'm different from the girls that you break." I told him and he began leaning in again and I sighed, he was nothing if not persistent.

"Oh yeah, what makes you so different?" He asked flirtatiously and I rolled my eyes. He had come in here with plans of sleeping with Lucy and now was hitting on me. Arsehole.

"Because as you said so yourself, “I'm different”." I told him and he smirked, still leaning in slowly. I pressed my hand to his chest, stopping him from moving in any closer as I instead leaned towards his and whispered in his ear. "And I'm also taken." I told him and he sighed in defeat and I smirked and stood up, walking out of the room.