Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 14

I had no idea how long I’d been sitting under the tree for, I’d stupidly left my phone in my bag; which was at the party. I’d pretty much come to the conclusion that I hated Harry styles. I felt so stupid and so betrayed; I had actually thought that he was different to the guy that everyone said he was. I thought that the real Harry came out when he was around me; but now I’m starting to realize that it was all a lie.

The way that he actually thought that I wouldn’t care about him kissing Lacy, of all people, was ridiculous. I’m sure that he’s most probably laughing about it to Lacy right now, laughing about the poor, innocent girl who’s too naïve for her own good.

I stood up from the tree and ran a shaky hand through my hair before wiping under my eyes. I don’t usually cry over arguments but this had caught me so off guard, I wasn’t aware of the intensity of my feelings for Harry, nor was I aware that he would betray me like this either. Harry had blindsided me. It wasn’t entirely his fault; we weren’t an official item and technically he was free to kiss whoever he wanted, but technicalities don’t mean anything when it comes to matters of feelings. I thought about my current options, I could either go back to the dorms now, alone at night and with no phone; or go back to the party, grab my bag and leave, hopefully with Abby or Andy.

I debated this in my mind, deciding on going back to the party as I began walking back to the Frat house. I kept my eyes focussed on the ground as it was dark and so otherwise I couldn’t work out where my feet were going. Unfortunately, I then bumped into something hard. I jumped back from the impact, looking up at noticing a familiar silhouette.

“Zayn?” I asked, squinting my eyes, trying to determine any of his facial features.

“We were all looking for you; Harry seems to be pretty upset you know.” Zayn replied, and I could hear the amusement dancing on his words.

“You’re a dick Zayn, you know that right?” I asked with bitterness in my voice, as I remembered what he’d done to Andy.

“What’s with the sudden hatred towards me?” Zayn asked, and I just glared at him as I began walking, shoving past him.

“Why don’t you ask Andy?” I shot back at him sarcastically, as he picked up his pace to walk next to me.

“I take it she told you what happened between us?” Zayn asked, with his voice full of cockiness.

I didn’t give Zayn a response to this, hoping that he’d understand that I didn’t want to talk to him right now. “Look, I don’t know what Andy told you, but there are two sides to every story.” Zayn told me and I rolled my eyes. There was no excuse for his behaviour.

“Well I’m not interested in yours.”

“Harry was right about you.” Zayn commented, and I could hear the smirk in voice.

“What did Harry tell you?” I asked, and Zayn’s smirk grew as he knew that he had my full attention at just the mention of Harry’s name, and I cursed for being so affected by just the sound of his damn name.

“Just that you had attitude.” Zayn answered and I nodded my head.

“Well, you know what? Harry can go shove my attitude up his arse.” I retorted, fully aware of how awful my comeback was but I wasn’t in the right state of mind to have a proper argument, my brain was still haywire from all of the drama that that recently gone down.

As we finally reached the house I could hear loud chanting coming from inside. I furrowed my eyebrows and went into the house, trying to find Abby. I spotted her on the outside of a circle with tears streaming down her face. “Abby? What’s going on?” I asked, as Abby shakily grabbed my arm and pointed in the direction of the circle.

“Niall – he got into a fight – with Harry.” Abby choked and I gasped in shock before trying to get past the crowd of people that had gathered to cheer on the fight.

As I made it to the front I saw how bloody the two of them were. Both had busted lips and noses, but they continued to throw punches at each other. “Get off of him!” I shouted at Harry, as I tried to pull Niall away from him.

“Get off of me Izzy, he deserves this” Niall shouted, as he threw a punch at Harry.

“What do you mean?” I asked, wondering if Niall was talking about me, and how Harry had hurt me.

“He kissed Lacy when he knew that you liked him!” Niall shouted, his resistance against my arms wearing off, as he reluctantly backed away from Harry. “Why did you do that?” Niall asked, as we finally made our way to Abby, Andy, Louis and Liam.

“Because, I didn’t want you to get even more hurt.” I replied, scanning over his face for injuries.

“But he’s just such a dick!” Niall quipped, wafting a hand up and down quickly to emphasize his point.

“I know, but violence isn’t the way to go about it.” I answered softly, picking up my bag. “Come on, you’re going to need to go to the hospital.” I told him and Niall’s eyes blew wide open.

“What do you mean?”

“Your nose is completely broken, and I think that you might need stitches in your cheek.” I told him and let out a groan before reluctantly getting up.

“I can drive if you want.” Abby suggested and I nodded.

“But none of us took a car.” I told them.

“I brought mine.” Louis answered and I nodded as we all walked towards the car. “Ok, well Niall, Izzy and Abby can come with me and then if Andy goes with you?” Louis suggested to Liam and he nodded, ushering Andy towards his car.

After a slightly awkward trip to the hospital, we arrived. “Hi, my friend got into a fight and needs help. I think that he’s got a broken nose and a deep cut on his cheek.” I told the nurse who sighed and nodded.

“Alright, if he could come with me then I can get the doctor to check him out.” She told and I smiled gratefully, leading Niall towards the nurse.

“So what happened?” I asked as I sat down next to Louis and Abby.

“When you ran out from the party we asked what happened and Andy said that Harry made out with Lacy. We were all pretty pissed because we knew how you felt about Harry and walked up to Lacy having a go at her for how she was always out to hurt you. Then Harry returned and began sticking up for Lacy which pushed Niall over the edge. Niall threw a punch at Harry then he threw one back and then the fight broke out.” Abby explained and I nodded my head slowly, noticing Liam and Abby walking through the door. “I’m sorry Izzy, but guys like Harry don’t change. All they do is hurt everyone around them.” Abby told me softly and I nodded.

“I know; he was just a damn good actor.” I told them sadly, and Andy gave me a sad smile.
The doors opened again and I raised my head watching as Harry, Lacy and Zayn all came through the door. I sighed rolled my eyes as the rest of the group turned to see what I was looking at.

“What are they doing here?” Andy spat bitterly, glaring at their small group.

“Niall must have done a decent job.” I replied loudly, causing them to look our way and glare. Harry then got taken by a nurse as he walked weekly behind her as she led him to see a doctor.

“How’s Niall doing?” Lacy asked as she stood near our group.

“He’s just peachy.” Abby replied sarcastically to Lacy who rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, well Harry’s pretty good at fighting. I found it pretty sweet how he fought for me.” Lacy replied bitchily and I inhaled a long deep breath.

“Lucy, no-one cares. Go kiss Harry, go sleep with him; hell you can go bloody marry him. He’s all yours.” I replied steadily, even though I was completely lying. The thought of them kissing each other is disgusting, and it does hurt because unfortunately I do care. But Lacy will never know that, she will never know how much that kiss had hurt me.

“Oh sweetie, I sleep with Harry all the time. Yeah, we had sex quite recently you know, right after your party.” Lacy said smirking; I looked down at my lap as she said all these words which just punctured all my hopes for any kind of relationship with Harry.

“I think that you should go.” Andy said strongly, glaring at Lacy. Lacy looked at my face with a sly expression, probably realizing the hurt she’d caused before walking away. “Sorry about her, I’ll go sort her out.” Andy told me softly, getting up.

“No don’t it’s fine.” I told her, looking up at her. I was lying, but I knew what Lacy had over Andy and I didn’t want Lacy hurting Andy anymore.

“No; she’s always treating you so badly and I’ve had enough of it. And trust me; it’s been a long time coming.” Andy told me and Abby nodded, getting up with her and they went over to Lacy. I watched from afar as they beckoned Lacy outside.

“I doubt that’s going to go down well.” Louis breathed and I nodded.

“Andy’s right though, this fight has been a long time coming.” I told them as I turned my head towards the direction of where they were arguing, when I saw Zayn getting up and walking towards the exit doors and towards Andy, Abby and Lacy. “I’m going to go join them though; guess who’s joined this argument.” I said, pointing my thumb behind me at the vacant seat Zayn had left and they nodded their heads.

I walked out of the hospital noticing now cold it was outside this late at night, and wishing that I had brought a jacket with me; although I would have never predicted this happening.

“You’re such a bitch Lacy. You go whoring around from man to man and you don’t even care.” Andy shouted as I saw the group of them there, Lacy and Andy standing face to face, trying to intimidate each other.

“I feel like there’s more reason towards your hatred towards me than you’re saying.” Lacy replied, egging Andy on. Andy looked at Lacy’s eyes and I saw realization flickering in them. Lacy must have known about Andy seeing her with Zayn.

Andy took a step back from Lacy, hurting flashing in her eyes as I walked over to Andy and placed my hand around her shoulders comfortingly. “1 month Zayn. We were together for a month and you just broke up with me because I wouldn’t go all the way with you?” Andy cried out, with tears falling down her face as guilt flashed in Zayn’s eyes. “Because I couldn’t satisfy your ‘sexual needs’?” Andy asked.

“Andy, I-” Zayn began saying, his tone sounding so guilty.

“No! Don’t pretend to care because you don’t. You slept with Lacy the following day!” Andy cried out as Zayn clenched his jaw and guilt flooded his features.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you when I did that, I just-” Zayn began, being cut off by Andy.

“You just what?” Andy pushed, freeing herself from my grip and taking a step towards Zayn. “You just had to sleep with her? You know what really hurt me, is that I was so broken when you dumped me that I was actually going to sleep with you! I was actually planning on sleeping with you, which was a big thing for me because guess what; I’m a virgin!” Andy revealed, her voice loud and fake happiness in it.

Zayn and Lucy’s jaws dropped as they stared at Andy dumbstruck. “You- you’re- you’re a-“ Zayn stuttered and Andy nodded.

“That’s right. I’m a virgin. That’s why I was holding back, and I was ready to give myself to you; but then when I found you, you were making-out with her.” Andy said, almost spitting out the last part of her sentence, as she pointed her finger at Lacy.

“Andy, I had no idea, if I’d have known then I’d-“ Zayn began, but was once again cut off by Andy who’s cheeks were now stained with tears and she was full of crying.

“You’d have never gone out with me. Because you don’t have time for virgins do you?” Andy hissed bitterly.

“You don’t know that Andy. I care about you and if I’d have known then I wouldn’t-” Zayn began before Andy cut him off again.

“No Zayn, you would have because you didn’t care about me then and you sure as hell don’t care about me now” Andy all but growled before turning around and walking back into the hospital with Abby and I hot on her trail..

“What happened?” Louis and Liam asked as they came rushing up to us to console Andy. I followed them and sat down next to them and pretended to listen as Andy and Abby explained the argument.

The truth was though, that I felt so numb. So much had happened today and it was all still sinking in. But as I looked around the room, with Louis and Liam listening to Abby and Andy while waiting for Niall; and with Lacy having an intense conversation with Zayn as they waited for Harry, I realised how much of a split there was between the two groups.

There was such a division and although I knew which side I was on, I simultaneously didn’t know at the same time. There was literally a raging war going on between the two groups with mutual feelings of hatred shared. And although I was sure that I hated Harry after what happened tonight, I was too aware that that there is a thin line between love and hate, and what scares me is that I may be using my hatred for Harry as a disguise for a deeper feeling that I was feeling.

Although it’s stupid because there is definitely no future between us after tonight, my heart is still stuck on Harry. The time that Harry and I shared together had stirred up feelings that I had never felt before. I had fallen hopelessly for the feeling of his touch, the look of his smile, the sound of his voice in the morning, the scent of his cologne; all of him and there was nothing that I could do about it; I was in-love with the enemy.