Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 19

After calling Adam and apologising profusely for not being able to make it on the date and suggesting that instead we hang out some time as just friends, I sank down onto my bed and Harry mimicked my actions. “Do you want to go and eat something?” Harry asked me as I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked up at him though my lashes, wondering how on earth a human being as drop dead gorgeous as Harry wanted to be with me.

“I’d love that, I’m starving.” I told him with a smile and Harry leaned down and kissed my lips shortly, but I still felt it all the way to my toes.

Harry stood up and offered me his hand as he helped me up and entwined our fingers together as we walked towards his car. Harry opened the door for me to get inside his car before getting in the driver’s seat and my heart swelled at the simple action - Harry wasn’t exactly the type of person to act like a gentleman but he was making an effort with me and it meant everything to me.

We ended up eating at the diner that Harry had introduced me to a while back, just for the sake of nostalgia. I ordered the same garden salad that I had had the last time we were here and Harry ordered a cheeseburger. “Why do you always order salad?” Harry asked me with a frown on his face as the waitress walked away with our orders.

“What do you mean?” I asked Harry while sipping from my water to try and avoid his question.

“Every time we go out you get a salad, it’s not because of what you told me, is it?” Harry asked, referring to the night where I had told him about when my mum had made me throw up and I grimaced at the memory.

“No, I’m just careful of what I eat is all.” I told Harry, and he eyed me warily but let the topic go nonetheless. “So if Adam hadn’t have asked me out on a date, do you think you would have told me about your feelings?” I asked Harry, catching him off guard.

“I think I would have but it would have just taken me longer to,” Harry replied. “Hearing that you were going out with Adam just made me realise that I liked you more than I thought and I knew that if I didn’t say anything then then it would be too late.”

“I’m glad that you did” I told Harry, as I moved my hand across the table to hold his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“What would you have done if I didn’t?” Harry asked and I was unsure if I detected a hint of vulnerability in his tone.

“I would have spent the rest of the night wishing that you had.” I told him him truthfully and Harry’s lips formed into a smile as he squeezed my hand in response and my heart swelled at the gesture. Harry and I hold an intense gaze as we both processed what we were saying to each other when the waitress came over with our meals.

The rest of the evening was spent with a much lighter conversation topic ranging from the annoying guy, Brian, in our law lecture who sits behind us and constantly coughs, to our favourite movies and where we’d like to see ourselves in ten years time.

Interestingly Harry didn’t see himself having a career in law but instead wanted to move into corporate business and just earn a lot of money. Harry seemed surprised yet very intrigued when I mentioned my desires to go into human rights law due to my humanitarian interests.

After dinner Harry refused to allow me to pay for the meal, and we then both got into his car and Harry once again held the door open for me to get inside before getting into the driver’s seat himself.

“Where do you want to go to, yours or mine?” Harry asked.

Without thinking, I blurted out in reply, “Abby’s staying the night at Niall’s so how about mine?”

“Sounds good,” Harry replied, when confusion took over his features all of a sudden, “wait, why is Abby staying the night at Niall’s?”

“Oh, uhm they’re just very close friends.” I lied, squirming in my seat.

“Friends?” Harry asked in a knowing tone, which I chose to ignore in my response.

“Friends.” I told him, turning to look out of the window to prevent Harry from reading my expression which I was sure would have given away my lie.

“Izzy.” Harry said, dragging out my name and I shook my head, before turning to look at him and I knew, from just one look at Harry’s face, that he had seen through my lie.

“Ok, Abby and Niall are a thing but you can’t tell anyone as I’m supposed to be the only one who knows!” I exclaimed to Harry, rushing through my words hoping that if I spoke really quickly then Harry wouldn’t have been able to understand what I had said.

“I knew it.” Harry simply says and I frown and turn to look at him. Harry glimpses at me in the corner of his eyes before continuing, “I’ve always said that there’s been some serious sexual tension between those two.” Harry explained and I rolled my eyes, of course he picked up on that.

The car then fell silent and a tension filled the car and as I looked over to Harry I knew that he was thinking about something as his hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. “You ok?” I asked Harry gently.

“Yeah,” Harry answered, sounding as though he wasn’t really there. I didn’t push the subject further, and instead gave Harry the silence that he needed to think about whatever it was that he was thinking about.

After a few minutes of silence, Harry parked in the car park and finally spoke up, “Gemma is going to be in town for thanksgiving.”

“And are you ok with that?” I asked Harry and he sighed.

“She wants to meet you.” Harry told me, catching me slightly off guard - he spoke about me to Gemma?

“I’d love to meet her.” I told Harry and I saw him visibly relax and he briefly glimpsed at me,

“Are you sure that you’re ok with that? She’s still recovering from everything but she’s a good person and she can be really funny and-” Harry began rambling but stopped when I rested a comforting hand on his arm,

“Harry, she’s your sister and so of course I want to meet her, I really do.” I told him and Harry looked up at me, seemingly speechless before he hung his head.

“What did I do to get you Izzy?” Harry asked and I frowned. Harry was the funniest, smartest and most caring person I had ever met, in addition to being ridiculously good looking, and despite the tough past that he had gone through he was still so amazing and yet he felt that he didn’t deserve me?

I used my fingers to gently raise Harry’s head to look at me in the eyes and I could see such vulnerability in his eyes that I fell in-love with Harry even more. “Harry, you have been through a horrible past but it has made you into the most amazing person and I-” I began, pausing as I considering saying those three magic words but instead I decided to continue by saying, “I am so grateful that you are the person that you have become because you are everything that I need.” I told Harry and he wasted no time in sealing our lips together in a deep and meaningful kiss that sends chills through my body. Harry’s tongue traces my lower lip, begging for entrance which I granted as Harry’s tongue coaxed mine and I withheld the moan that was threatening to release at the feeling of Harry’s kiss. The kiss managed to portray a million emotions with an ever present undertone of a hunger for each other that was growing the more that Harry and I kissed.

When we pulled away we were both breathless and somehow managed to ask Harry if he wanted to come up to my room without stuttering which was a miracle considering the state of my brain after sharing a kiss as intense as Harry and I’s was.

After leading Harry up to my room we decided to watch a movie, settling on White Chicks which I claimed was one of the funniest films going. Harry and I settled onto my bed with Harry laying on his back and my body wrapped around his as we watched the movie on the small screen of my laptop.
Halfway into the movie I had become overwhelmed with the urge to sleep as I let out multiple yawns, causing Harry to chuckle and look down at my tired self. “You tired?” Harry asked.

“Mmm.” I answered, snuggling further into Harry’s surprisingly comfortable frame. After hearing my response Harry paused the movie and turned off my laptop, placing it on my bedside table and turning off the light before getting into a comfortable position with me still clinging to his body and his arms still wrapped tightly around me.