Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 24

It was two weeks after Harry and I had confessed our love for each other and it was as though we were on cloud nine, wrapped in our own little bubble which we had protected from the rest of the world. The love that I had for Harry was continually shocking me over its intensity and I know that I would forever love Harry whether we were together or not because somehow he had found a way inside of my body and buried himself deep inside my chest.

However, despite my strong love or Harry, I was still very aware of the fragile structure of our relationship. The subject of Harry and his friends had yet to be approached and solved and so as a result Harry had not so subtly been ensuring that I didn’t visit any of the frat house parties.

I was currently lying in my bed alone and browsing through the movie selection on Netflix as Abby was staying at Niall’s house – she might as well live there, I know! I eventually decided on watching the quality chick flick that is gay best friend.

As the movie began I thought back to how I had watched Clueless with Harry and the way his arms wrapped around me and his warm breath hit my neck, and I found myself missing the warm feeling that spread through me whenever I was wrapped in Harry’s arms. Unfortunately, however, Harry was spending the day with Zayn and Lacy, much to my silent dismay.

However, the feeling of missing Harry’s arms didn’t last very long as shortly after Harry entered the dorm, his forest green eyes were illuminated through the room and my heart soared at the sight of him – he was so damn beautiful.

“Hey.” I said as I paused the movie and put the laptop away. Harry smiled and walked over to me, kicking his shoes off, and laid down next to me on my bed and wrapped his arms around me. I relished in the feeling of Harry’s arms around me and I couldn’t hold back the sigh of content that escaped my lips.

“I missed you.” Harry whispered into the shell of my ear, sending a shiver down my spine that I’m sure Harry noticed, however he chose not to comment on it. “What were you watching?” Harry asked after a moment of serene silence.

“Gay Best Friend.” I admitted and I felt Harry shaking his head against the back of my neck, his soft curls tickling me slightly.

“Seriously Izzy, isn’t that movie really shit?” Harry asked with humorous disappointment flowing through his words.

“Hey, it’s not that bad! And besides, it was either that or Mean Girls 2 which is, to be quite honest, even worse.” I defended and Harry chuckled from behind me, his deep laugh vibrating though my body and I silently appreciated the beautiful sound.

“The first one was bad enough, I still don’t know how they managed to create a second one that was even worse than the original.” Harry commented and I froze, turning around to face him while straddling his waist, his comment had shocked me.

“You don’t mean that.” I told his with raised eyebrows and an almost robotic voice, I would defend the first Mean Girls movie to my grave.

“Oh, I think that I do.” He replied with a teasing voice and I turned my face so that I was looking at the wall to the left of Harry.

“No. Not only did you just insult one of my favourite films, but you also stuck to your opinion, Harry.” I replied, refusing to look at him. “I honestly don’t know what’s worse.”

Harry then feigned a gasp, removing one arm from my waist to cover his mouth, “How awful of me, it’s a wonder you haven’t stormed out of the room.”

“Please, I wouldn’t storm out of my own dorm room to prove a point. I’m dramatic but not that dramatic.” I replied, rolling my eyes at Harry as I faced him.

“Oh, I wouldn’t put it past you.” Harry quipped and I narrowed my eyes `t him as a large smile graced his face, causing his adorable dimples to show. My mouth quivered as I tried to maintain my stone glare but as laughter erupted from Harry’s lips nothing could have been done to stop the corners of my mouth from curling upwards as a smile eventually covered my face. “Did Izzy smile?” Harry mocked and I playfully swatted his chest, however Harry caught my hand as I did so and bought it to his lips, placing a delicate kiss on the back of my hand – suffice to say my insides turned to goo.

“I love you.” I blurted, without even thinking about it. The words simply tumbled out of me.

“And I love you too.” Harry replied, grinning as I leaned forward to kiss him. The kiss started out slow and steady but suddenly the lust for each other magnified as I tangled my fingers in his hair, pressing my lips onto his with such a force that I was sure there would be bruises.

I pulled back shortly after as we both caught our breath while pressing our foreheads together, my lips still tingling from our make-out session.

“What are you doing to me, Izzy?” Harry whispered quietly as I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him. “You make me insane, literally insane. I had to leave halfway through the drinks with Zayn and Lacy because I kept thinking about you being alone in your dorm while studying and I just missed you so much that I just had to leave.” Harry told me, the words showering me with feelings of such deep love that I knew at that precise moment that I was in too deep to walk away now.

“You make me pretty insane too.” I replied, leaning forward to peck his lips. “I’ve never felt this way before, even with Mike,” I began and Harry’s eyes hardened as I brought up my ex, “with Mike I felt comfortable and I know that that probably sounds like a good thing but it’s not. It’s like, with you I’m taken to places that I had never dreamed of, you push me to feel feelings that I no idea that I was even capable of and I am so in-love with you that I know that what I had with Mike was not love because it never even touched what we have.” I explained and Harry’s eyes visibly lightened as he leaned forward to kiss me.

“I love you.” Harry mumbled against my lips as my he gently pushed me closer to him so that I was flushed against him. “What do you want to do?” Harry asked me as he pulled back from me.

I grinned at Harry as I answered, “I think we should finish watching Gay Best Friend,” and a smile erupted on my face at Harry’s horrified expression.

“Anything else?” Harry asked and I shaked my head at him.

“Nope.” I replied, popping the p and I leaned over Harry and pick up the laptop, setting it on our laps as I cosied up next to Harry. “You know, you may find that you even like it!” I suggested and Harry cut me a look, silently telling me that that was not going to be the case.

I chuckled at Harry’s expression and got up the movie on the screen as I leaned my head on Harry’s shoulder, a smile taking over my face as a fleeting feeling of completeness overtook me.

As the movie ended I was grinning at Harry, “it wasn’t that bad?” I asked him and Harry stared at me as though I was crazy.

“It was worse than I thought it was going to be, possibly worse than Mean Girls.” Harry replied and I rolled my eyes at Harry, apparently good taste in movies isn’t a talent we can all have.

I leaned in towards Harry and kissed him slowly and Harry deepened the kiss as he consumed my senses and my body was ignited. I crawled onto Harry’s lap while still kissing him and holding his face in my hands, his light stubble prickling my hands slightly.

“What do you want to do?” Harry asked, his tone slightly breathless, causing me to smirk lightly at the effect that the kiss had on him.

“I’m ready” I told Harry, causing Harry’s eyes to widen in realisation of what that meant.

“Oh, um are you sure about that? I mean, that like it’s a big step and you can’t reverse it or anything.” Harry told me and I flinched back, disheartened by his answer – did he not want me?

“You don’t want to sleep with me?” I asked Harry, ashamed about the embarrassment that had seeped into my voice.

“No, fuck no; that’s not what I meant. I want you Izzy, believe me I want you but I just don’t want you to regret doing this. It’s a huge step and I don’t want you to regret it because I know how seriously you take your virginity.” Harry explained to me and I felt relief at his words as I leaned in to kiss him again.

“I’m ready.” I whispered to Harry against his lips.

“You’re sure?” Harry checked and I playfully bit his bottom lip in response, grinning up at him.

“100 percent.” I breathed back.