Status: Will be slow in updates as am still in full time education but will try to update as regularly as possible

Better for You

Chapter 57

I awoke the following morning to the gentle pattern of warm puffs of air caressing my neck, causing my lips to curl into a smile as I leaned back into the warmth of Harry’s body and enjoyed the serene feeling that accompanied being wrapped in Harry’s arms.

Harry’s body then twitched as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and deeply inhaled the skin on my neck. “Am I still dreaming?” Harry murmured, almost to himself, in his outrageously attractive morning voice, causing me to let out a chuckle as I shifted in his arms in order to turn to face him.

Softly, I placed my hands on either side of Harry’s sinfully beautiful face and pressed my lips against his to give him a soft peck before I pulled back. “You’re very much awake.” I replied to his statement, giving Harry a cheeky grin before I reluctantly slipped out of Harry’s arms and out of his bed as I was met with the cold morning air which instigated goose bumps to rise across my naked skin.

I winced slightly as I hobbled to the bathroom to put some toothpaste in my mouth to rid the morning breath that I was currently sporting, clearly the actions of last night had left me a little sore.

“Where are you going?” Harry questioned with worry evident in his voice as I heard the sheets moving behind me, suggesting that he was now sitting upright in his bed.

“I’m just grabbing some toothpaste.” I reassured Harry as I walked out of the bathroom with his toothpaste in my hand as evidence as I quickly popped a small amount in my mouth, feeling my breath immediately freshen up. I turned to face Harry who nodded his head as relief washed over his features and he then placed his hand flat out into the air, signalling for me to hand him his toothpaste.

My feet automatically paced towards him as I placed the toothpaste in his hand, but Harry’s fingers then wrapped around my arm and yanked me towards him and I gracelessly flopped into his form as Harry chuckled at my clumsiness and wrapped his arms around my waist, humming in contentment into my ear after his laughter ceased. “I don’t care about your morning breath, you know.” Harry humoured with a mischievous grin on his face as blood rushed to my cheeks in embarrassment, joking about my morning breath was a low blow.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, my breath is minty fresh.” I responded, breathing into Harry’s face to demonstrate my point as Harry then pretended to smell something foul and plugged his nose with his thumb and index finger. “You’re an arsehole.” I muttered, rolling my eyes at Harry playfully who placed a small amount of toothpaste in his mouth and then dropped his jaw in feigned shock.

“Me an asshole? If I was an asshole then I would have pointed out how you were having trouble walking in a straight line just then.” Harry pointed out, causing my eyes to blow wide open as I openly gawked at his blunt words.

“Oh my God!” I groaned, covering my beetroot red face with my hands as I attempted to roll out of Harry who only tightened his arms around me as he cackled loudly. “Ok, right I need to go shower now so I’ll see you in 15 minutes.” I replied after a minute or two of composing myself and then shimmied out of Harry’s warm embrace as I made my way to the bathroom.

“I have a better idea.” Harry replied in his velvety voice and I frowned at this, wondering what he implied at this as I turned to face him, watching as he removed the sheets from his offensively attractive body and I bit my lip to prevent me from making any unattractive sounds at the sight of him in all of his glory. Harry smirked at me as he noticed this, he was well aware of the effect that he had over me as he walked torturously slowly to me before placing his large, calloused hands on my waist and squeezed it slightly. “I’ll join you.” Harry stated before he removed his hands from my body, leaving me cold and craving his touch as I followed after him towards the shower.

After a ridiculously long shower which ended up being ridiculously cold towards the end, due to the shower running out of warm water, Harry and I both lied down on his bed with our towels wrapped around our wet bodies. “I’m probably not going to walk right for a week now.” I groaned and Harry sniggered at me.

“Got to make up for lost time, babe.” Harry answered, leaning towards me and pecking my nose to which I crinkled my nose in response. “God, I missed you so fucking much.” Harry sighed as he ran a hand through my wet and tangled hair, sending my stomach into a butterfly frenzy.

“I love you, Harry Styles.” I told Harry, the words sounding like a promise from my lips. Harry’s plump lips stretched into a smile, producing his dimples which I loved oh so much as he looked at me with a look of adoration.

“Say it again.” Harry whispered, his eyes looking at every detail on my face and the look of concentration on his face as he did this filled me with such love and adoration for the man before me.

I grinned at Harry as I placed my hands on either side of his face, “I, Isobel Hartley, love you, Harry Styles.” I spoke and watched as Harry’s eyes sparkled in response to my words and I then leaned forward to kiss him however it was short lived as we were then interrupted by a loud ringtone to the sound of the chorus of London Bridge by Fergie, meaning that Abby was calling me.

Harry sighed and urged for me to ignore the call, however I rolled my eyes at him and playfully hit his arm as I got up and picked up the phone, sticking my tongue out at Harry rebelliously as I did this. “Hey, what’s up?” I answered the phone, and then I visibly cringed at my sentence – why was I like this? I never say ‘what’s up’ so why is it that as soon as I’m on the phone to someone I lose all of my ‘normality’.

“Are you alone?” Abby asked me immediately, ignoring my previous question (thankfully).

“Uhm, no?” I answered hesitantly as my eyes flickered to Harry who was watching me curiously.

“Ok, well once you’re done doing things I really don’t want to think about with Harry, you better get your ass here and give me a long ass explanation because you do not get to get back together with Harry and not fill me in on everything.” Abby ranted causing me to shake my head at her bluntness.

“Ok Abby, give me thirty minutes and I shall fill you in on everything.” I promised Abby to which I heard her huff in response.

“That’ll have to do, but I’m impatient so if you could be more like twenty-five minutes then that would be preferable – love you though, see ya!” Abby replied, then hanging up on me before I could respond, causing me to jokingly roll my eyes at her stubborn behaviour.

“Abby?” Harry asked once I removed my phone from my ear and I nodded my head, using one hand to keep my towel in place as I walked towards Harry and used the back of my other hand to stroke his cheek.

“Yeah, she wants me to come see her now – you good if I go?” I checked and Harry nodded his head yes in reply as he raised a hand and placed it on the back of my neck to bring my lips to his in a soft but firm kiss that still managed to set my insides alight.

“Of course.” Harry answered as I pulled back and flashed him a smile before picking up my clothes from last night and putting them back on, except for my fishnet tights, which made my outfit appear pretty day time acceptable; except for the fact that I was wearing a crop top in winter. “When will I see you again?” Harry asked me as I began putting on my black boots.

I turned my face to see Harry who was watching me nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Whenever you’re around – we could eat out at the diner tonight if you’re free?” I suggested and Harry’s lips immediately stretched into a smile as my words registered with him and he agreed that we would go out for dinner later in the day.

After reluctantly leaving Harry and driving the short trip back to the dorms, I reached the door to my dorm and as I searched my bag for my keys Abby swung the door open and wrapped her hand around my left arm and tugged me into the room. “Woah Abby, you ok?” I asked and she nodded her head as she closed the door and moved to sit on her bed.

“Yeah, sorry I’m just very confused and excited to hear about what’s gone on between you and Harry and you know what I’m like when I’m excited.” Abby explained and I nodded my head, unable to prevent the grin that I was wearing at the mention of Harry’s name. “Oh my god, you’re smiling; fuck that you’re glowing! Tell me everything!” Abby exclaimed and I chuckled at her words, blushing slightly as she mentioned my glow but she was right, I was truly happy now that I had Harry back in my life and it must show.

“Well, I mean I never stopped loving Harry because it’s Harry and I don’t think that I could ever stop loving him, as cringey as that sounds I know, and I’m in a good place now and I’m ready to be with him and so when I saw him yesterday I guess that everything just fell into place and, well, yeah.” I quickly explained, not really wanting to share Harry and I’s more intimate details because, like, that’s just too much information really.

“So you’re back together?” Abby asked and a wide grin spread across my face as I nodded yes to her answer. “And you’re happy about that, you’re happy with him?” Abby checked and I chuckled at this but nodded nonetheless.

“Yes, I’m the happiest.” I replied and Abby’s face lit up as I said this and she literally jumped into my arms, wrapping her arms around me.

“That makes me so happy Iz, you deserve to be happy and as long as Harry makes you happy then I am so happy for the two of you.” Abby told me sincerely and I couldn’t help but squeeze Abby a little tighter because she was the most supportive friend and I truly was so grateful to have her to support me through these moments, she wasn’t jealous of my happiness, she was supportive of it.

After a couple of seconds passed where Abby didn’t say anything, I pulled back from Abby wondering if she was ok when she looked to be deep in thought. “You ok?” I asked Abby and she blinked a couple of times before her vision focussed on me with a serious expression on her face. “Abby?”

“Yeah, I’m just wondering if I need to have the talk with Harry about the consequences of if he hurts you again or if he already knows given what happened last time.” Abby spoke, voicing her thoughts aloud and I chuckled at first until my body then realised what she had said.

“Wait, what happened last time? What did you do last time?” I questioned and Abby looked like a deer caught in headlights and I would have laughed at this if I wasn’t so intent on finding out what Abby had done to Harry.

“I may or may not have punched him.” Abby answered honestly, causing me to choke on my own breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, huge apologies are in order because of the long wait for this chapter - uni life is ridiculously busy but I'm off for a month now and aim to finish this book after 3 more chapters which is so soon and exciting, hope that you liked the chapter!